Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

300awhp/312TQ on a mustang dyno, no cams & pump gas!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's good power, but before claiming that you think it's 350whp on a Mustang Dyno, you need to verify that this MD reads like the Buschur dyno as opposed to the CFT dyno (or others that read just like a Dynojet). Just being an MD doesn't mean it reads low, and the likelihood of those mods plus your novice tuning making 350whp on pump gas is probably less than 0%. Just trying to keep things in perspective...many times people freak out about their dyno numbers without really knowing what those numbers mean.
Yes or no question, have you ever been to CFT and saw their dyno, or had a car ran on it? Secondly, please present evidence of the CFT dyno reading like a dynojet. Where did you come up with the 0% ratio, please present the mathematical formula that determined this ratio. If you cannot answer these questions efficiently, I will assume you are ignorant.

Last edited by Varrius; Nov 2, 2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KawRider
That is the correct number for a well tuned stage 1 evo 9.

My numbers were almost the same.
So
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well yeah, obviously. That was just a typo - meant to say Dynojet.

The type of Mustang Dyno does not matter, because any of them can be calibrated however the owner wants them to be. If it really reads like the Buschur Dyno, then are you are making more than VIIIs with cams at Buschur. Just doesn't seem likely when you're showing inefficiency at 22psi and are doing your own tuning for the first time, and you can see that there is a lot of work still to be done according to the waviness of the curves. Not insulting your tuning ability at all, because I hope to do the same thing with EcuFlash myself (not as far as you yet), and I'm sure you agree that you have a lot more to learn about maximizing the tune. Those factors combined do not add up to an amazing 350whp car, but the track will tell the tale. 340-350whp on a Dynojet would give you 113-114mph traps on pump while 300whp/312wtq on a Dynojet would give you 109-110mph traps.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is MY flash?

nevermine

can you post the maps?

You type too damn fast down there
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
Yes or no question, have you ever been to CFT and saw their dyno, or had a car ran on it? Secondly, please present evidence of the CFT dyno reading like a dynojet. Where did you come up with the 0% ratio, please present the mathematical formula that determined this ratio. If you cannot answer these questions efficiently, I will assume you are ignorant.
What are you blabbering about? It's been proven more than once that their dyno spits out numbers equivalent to a Dynojet. I don't just mean here, but also on local message boards showing comparisons from CFT to others in town. Scott (TTP) said they claimed they updated their software here recently so that it would no longer read high, but I haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Give me a few mins to show you Evos on here who have proven what I say with their numbers.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
What is MY flash?
Tuned himself with EcuFlash, thus it's HIS flash.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

hey warr, why cant you just say good job or something? why are you always so negative?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

We can end this with facts. Which of the three AWD dynamometers manufactured by Mustang Dynamometer does Buschur have. The AWD-500 Series, the AWD-1100 Series, or the AWD-IMP Series. http://www.mustangdyne.com/performancetuning.htm
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lcakes05
hey warr, why cant you just say good job or something? why are you always so negative?
He's upset about being lower in numbers. He wishes he had an Evo IX. He's very egotistical. Not to mention, he begs people for parts, such as Scott (TTP-Engineering), for free. He asks them for parts in return for advertisement and word-of-mouth business brought to them. However, many of them deny him such things.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
He's upset about being lower in numbers. He wishes he had an Evo IX. He's very egotistical. Not to mention, he begs people for parts, such as Scott (TTP-Engineering), for free. He asks them for parts in return for advertisement and word-of-mouth business brought to them. However, many of them deny him such things.

Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lmfao. sup man. long time no talk. call me sooon. i got to ask you something. and tell you something as well
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

I know that the dyno can be calibrated to anyone’s specifications, however, I took pure tuning’s word when they said about 15%. Also, a completely stock evo 9 was also dyno’d and put out 241hp and 245 TQ on that dyno, which seems to be inline with the 270+hp stock evo 9’s have been getting on a dyno jet (research). And, yes I do believe I am making more power than an evo 8 with cams and buschur’s tune. I think that’s because I tune my car slightly to the aggressive side. However, I have been many months with this tune, and HARD HARD daily driving, with no engine issues yet.
I know I am a novice tuner, but I have had some short experience. I have flashed and tuned about 15 evo’s in the area with nothing but praise.
Unfortunately, I still have to practice my launching and shifting at the track before I take it there. Plus, I just put on my winter tires after hydroplaning out of control on the highway last week.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lcakes05
Please, let him be. I expect and respect good comments
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Why did you go to Ohio for the DYNO?

Payn Technologies has an AWD DYNO in Troy, Mi

Last edited by smarsenal; Nov 2, 2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

The model type of the MD does not matter. The mere fact you would ask shows me you have no clue what you're talking about. You obviously are brand new to this whole issue of differing dynos. It was proven OVER A YEAR AGO that the CFT dyno reads like a Dynojet WITHOUT QUESTION. This is the thread that started the controversy:

469AWHP on STOCK TURBO!

Then, one of the cronies down there put down 350+ on pump gas at CFT and really believed it was equivalent to 370-380whp on a Dynojet until he went TO ANOTHER Mustang Dyno in FL only to put down low 300s, which were the proper readings showing again that the CFT dyno reads closer to a Dynojet. He started with 357whp at CFT:

New Dyno Results With New Toy - M A F Translator Pro

Oops, here's the same car on a Dynojet AFTER doing a built 2.4L and the same mods as before:

2.4L 4g64 Stock Turbo - Dyno <- 340whp on a Dynojet now with a built engine = 357whp at CFT on stock engine?

Quick Reply: 300awhp/312TQ on a mustang dyno, no cams & pump gas!