Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

300awhp/312TQ on a mustang dyno, no cams & pump gas!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does br mustang dyno read as low as a dyno dynamics?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

no it was not payn's dyno. i think they are closed down as of a couple of weeks ago.

this is from the local boards about the tunning factory
http://www.mievo.net/talk/showthread.php?t=1563
http://www.mievo.net/talk/showthread.php?p=13842

Simple advice, STAY AWAY.
just give me a call if you need advice or a flash. when I flashed that stock evo 9, it showed a gain of 16awhp with no boost changes. i have the dyno graph to show it.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Oh thanks!!
I was thinking of actually going to AMS for a stage I plus a Flash, or to Buscher. It just would be nice to have something local.

Last edited by smarsenal; Nov 2, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

also, pure tuning is almost 45 min's away from detroit.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure why Varrius is aping out, but he's exaggerating about things he does not know. He's taking hearsay from one of my biggest enemies in the Evo world and spewing them as fact when he doesn't even know what he's talking about. Very strange guy...

Elhalisf, IXs do not even put down 220whp on Buschur's MD, just fyi, so if IXs put down 240+ on this one, then that is not very close. In fact, at my last dyno day in the DC area, 2 separate stock IXs put down 244whp, and this was on a Dynojet. Also, you may tune aggressively, but that would by no means magically put you ABOVE a cammed VIII, especially when your boost levels are very normal. That just doesn't make sense, but again, the track will tell the tale. Winter tires will not keep you from having good runs. I cut 1.7s in my Blizzaks and ran 12.3-12.4s @ 108-109 up here at 6000'. Not ideal, but certainly not so bad that you can't get some solid runs.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lcakes05
does br mustang dyno read as low as a dyno dynamics?
Yes.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smarsenal
Oh thanks!!
I was thinking of actually going to AMS for a stage I plus a Flash, or to Buscher. It just would be nice to have something local.
just give me a call to talk about it. i have done everything down to building my own engine and trans, and rebuilding the trans for others.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

hey warrtalon what is your so pefect set up?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Not sure why Varrius is aping out, but he's exaggerating about things he does not know. He's taking hearsay from one of my biggest enemies in the Evo world and spewing them as fact when he doesn't even know what he's talking about. Very strange guy...

Elhalisf, IXs do not even put down 220whp on Buschur's MD, just fyi, so if IXs put down 240+ on this one, then that is not very close. In fact, at my last dyno day in the DC area, 2 separate stock IXs put down 244whp, and this was on a Dynojet. Also, you may tune aggressively, but that would by no means magically put you ABOVE a cammed VIII, especially when your boost levels are very normal. That just doesn't make sense, but again, the track will tell the tale. Winter tires will not keep you from having good runs. I cut 1.7s in my Blizzaks and ran 12.3-12.4s @ 108-109 up here at 6000'. Not ideal, but certainly not so bad that you can't get some solid runs.
well then, i might be wrong. i guess i have to take it to buschur's dyno to see. maybe he is willing to donate some dyno time...
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I'll give you a call this weekend. I'm actually at work right now. LOL. It'll be good to talk EVO with someone local. I don't know anyone else here with an EVO. Lots of STI's though.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

join our local site, www.mievo.net
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:16 PM

nice numbers
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

I highly doubt someone would make something up such as that randomly in a conversation. It just seems a bit too far fetched to be "made up". How did you become enemies with this person, Warrtalon? Was it, perhaps, you were panhandling for parts at one point? Or did he just become your enemy randomly? Perhaps you'd like to share then, how he became your enemy. Scott is a grown man, I highly doubt he'd make something like that up. I'm not the strange one here, bud. I don't live in "fantasy evo worlds."
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Just registered on the local EVO site. Thanks Man!!!
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

Respect Faisal and keep the bickering out of his thread. Clayton, you know better than to get sucked into something like this.

Quick Reply: 300awhp/312TQ on a mustang dyno, no cams & pump gas!