Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why Is The Evo So Great?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's so great because it's the only AWD sedan with a barbeque grill BUILT INTO THE HOOD!!!!

Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
plus I love how it does what I tell it. Almost telepathically.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That and the feel/communication through the wheel. I haven't driven too many cars that let the driver feel as much connected to the act of driving as the Evo. An extension of the driver.

CoachG
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
World class performance at an economy price.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
threads like this are pointless.
couldnt agree more
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
couldnt agree more

half of the internet is pointless......get over it and accept it for what it's worth......

A Chuckle.........
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
Because im 15 and my parents bought me one!
YOU A$$hat...im jealous...lol
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:54 PM

I just got my EVO RS and investigating why this car is so great.

Here is what I think for now:
- Pretty light car
- A lot of power, good spooling turbo and a well matched gear box
- Very short gear ratios
- Good steering ratio
- Stiff suspension
- AWD, Electronic Center diff and front and rear LSDs.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

I prefer so many cars over the Evo for the money, particularly when you factor in pre-owned.

335i/335Ci, older NSX's, M3s, E90 M5s, E55 AMG (1999-2002), etc. No more low frill, budget car interiors or undesirable attention from the police or the general population. Then again, I'm a former owner who has no regrets about moving on.
I won't miss the constant fear that my engine is about to detonate, car will be vandalized or stolen even in the best neighborhoods, or the local dealership will close or fight me tooth and nail on a very common, warranty issue.

Last edited by Google; Nov 3, 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Google
I prefer so many cars over the Evo for the money, particularly when you factor in pre-owned.

335i/335Ci, older NSX's, M3s, E90 M5s, E55 AMG (1999-2002), etc. No more low frill, budget car interiors or undesirable attention from the police or the general population. Then again, I'm a former owner who has no regrets about moving on.
I won't miss the constant fear that my engine is about to detonate, car will be vandalized or stolen even in the best neighborhoods, or the local dealership will close or fight me tooth and nail on a very common, warranty issue.
Every reason you have for preferring other cars is based on useless aspects like the interior, or fears. Why worry about what other people think, or the cops, or motor detonation? I'm too busy adding mods, having fun, and enjoying the 400+ WHP of my amazing car.

None of the cars you mentioned except the NSX have the overall dynamic performance of the Evo--the power and handling--for the money. They're mostly bloated German hot rods--and I owned a 2002 SMG M3 for three years (heavy and underpowered compared to my Evo, for way more $ even after all my Evo mods).
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know damn well you miss the evo, don't even mention worthless s**t about the evo.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

I don't miss the Evo at all evo_rc. Nor does my wife. Once your career starts to move to the upper echelons of high finance, the social circles have no respect for the Evo. I got tired of explaining the high performance credentials of the car to all of my friends and family.

lbcevo--- I could care less about performance bargains. I want a good all around car, and at this stage of my life a little pampering needs to part of the formula at or above a $30,000 entry price. I do think however, the previous M3 while not mod friendly, does indeed lap a faster time around the Nurburgring in stock form. If I want a good drag car, an F-Body or used corvette with similar mods regularly spank Evos, and great handling can be found in spades with an S2000, Miata or Elise for autocross competitions. Since I spend most of my time at or below 80 mph, or in traffic, and 100% of my driving experience inside my car, I don't consider the interior a "useless" aspect. I think you've watched too much Fast and the Furious.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't miss the Evo at all evo_rc. Nor does my wife. Once your career starts to move to the upper echelons of high finance, the social circles have no respect for the Evo. I got tired of explaining the high performance credentials of the car to all of my friends and family.

lbcevo--- I could care less about performance bargains. I want a good all around car, and at this stage of my life a little pampering needs to part of the formula at or above a $30,000 entry price. I do think however, the previous M3 while not mod friendly, does indeed lap a faster time around the Nurburgring in stock form. If I want a good drag car, an F-Body or used corvette with similar mods regularly spank Evos, and great handling can be found in spades with an S2000, Miata or Elise for autocross competitions. Since I spend most of my time at or below 80 mph, or in traffic, and 100% of my driving experience inside my car, I don't consider the interior a "useless" aspect. I think you've watched too much Fast and the Furious.
Google, people who are truly players in "the upper echelons of high finance" don't speak like you do, and don't care what "the social circles think". I know several major Hedge Fund Managers, VCs and Investment Bankers who own crazy modded imports and other customized sports cars. They're independent thinkers, interesting people, and have more money than they will ever be able to spend. I have an MBA from UCLA with a concentration in Finance and Strategy, and a career of over 10 years of Marketing in Silicon Valley and So Cal, from high tech client side to Fortune 500 mktg strat, agency side. You're being narrow minded to assume I'm a kid, but I do like F&F I. Great cinematography and direction by Singleton. Stupid movies, but fun to watch.

If you were such a player, you denfinitely wouldn't worry about blown motors and warranty issues. You'd have enough money to just fix it. You'd also be driving a modded 993 or 996 TT, or a Modena, not a used E55. Lol!

You're a hater, plain and simple, or you wouldn't have bothered coming back on this forum to hate on the Evo. Your fear of what peoplle think, fear of cops, fear of blown motors, is getting the better of you. Let it go.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lbcevo
Google, people who are truly players in "the upper echelons of high finance" don't speak like you do, and don't care what "the social circles think". I know several major Hedge Fund Managers, VCs and Investment Bankers who own crazy modded imports and other customized sports cars. They're independent thinkers, interesting people, and have more money than they will ever be able to spend. I have an MBA from UCLA with a concentration in Finance and Strategy, and a career of over 10 years of Marketing in Silicon Valley and So Cal, from high tech client side to Fortune 500 mktg strat, agency side. You're being narrow minded to assume I'm a kid, but I do like F&F I. Great cinematography and direction by Singleton. Stupid movies, but fun to watch.

If you were such a player, you denfinitely wouldn't worry about blown motors and warranty issues. You'd have enough money to just fix it. You'd also be driving a modded 993 or 996 TT, or a Modena, not a used E55. Lol!

You're a hater, plain and simple, or you wouldn't have bothered coming back on this forum to hate on the Evo. Your fear of what peoplle think, fear of cops, fear of blown motors, is getting the better of you. Let it go.
How, you took the words, and then some, out of my mouth
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

easy question..

its sex on wheels...

and sex is great.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

I actually have a new E55 AMG, and at least the same credentials as yourself in the business world, albeit with a few less years of experience. Fear is not what brought me back, but rather the post-Evo experience of buying and owning great cars in relation.

My wife and I still recall the experience of being involved in a minor hit and run accident, and the amount of articulate conversation it took to finally convince the officer that we were the victims simply because of the car we were driving. My wife and I were coming back from a nice dinner, so our attire and appearance were not a factor. I'm glad the all the hedgies, bankers in Northern Cal are so open minded, but I guess that's the California experience. Here in 06830, the Evo does not garner respect. My comment regarding F&F was simply directed at you because all you care about is dynamic performance. I want my car to excel at more than the performance columns of a review. I can also do without the 1980s econobox interior.

Why does the performance part on its own matter so much? Do you still derive pleasure in being faster than the car in the next lane after being in the business world for 10 years?