Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why Is The Evo So Great?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Google
I actually have a new E55 AMG, and at least the same credentials as yourself in the business world, albeit with a few less years of experience. Fear is not what brought me back, but rather the post-Evo experience of buying and owning great cars in relation.

My wife and I still recall the experience of being involved in a minor hit and run accident, and the amount of articulate conversation it took to finally convince the officer that we were the victims simply because of the car we were driving. My wife and I were coming back from a nice dinner, so our attire and appearance were not a factor. I'm glad the all the hedgies, bankers in Northern Cal are so open minded, but I guess that's the California experience. Here in 06830, the Evo does not garner respect. My comment regarding F&F was simply directed at you because all you care about is dynamic performance. I want my car to excel at more than the performance columns of a review. I can also do without the 1980s econobox interior.

Why does the performance part on its own matter so much? Do you still derive pleasure in being faster than the car in the next lane after being in the business world for 10 years?

It's not always about being faster than the car in the next lane; it's about being true automobile fans, and very few cars deliver the pure driving experience than an Evolution does, (an E55 and G35x certaintly do not fall into this select few vehicles.) You seem to have your priorities different than most of the people on this forum. Most of us simply enjoy being able to have the telepathic steering and more than ample power that Evo's provide, (although you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't want to make their car even faster.) I'm sorry that you are more concerned about what others think about you and what car you drive. Simply put, the Evo is a drivers car. If your mentality is otherwise, than I'm glad you are no longer part of this community.

Last edited by th3_rEv8lution; Nov 9, 2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheers to that! ^^^
Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and also; Google, what do you do for a living? You seem very centered on your financial status. Everyone I know who have high paying jobs or significant investments cannot allow themselves the time to post on mitsubishi forums in the middle of the afternoon, due to their responsibilities and obligations.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I work in private banking and deal with people in the "upper levels of high finance" on a daily basis. Many of them are just wealthy individuals to celebrities, I have many clients who are millionaires with millions sitting in their account earning more interest than I'll ever make in a year or even a lifetime....which is sad, some of these people are real nice, but a huge chunk of them are snobbish, spoiled, cocky arrogant bastards....

On the other hand, I figure if you are that wealthy you can afford to be cocky and arrogant, you can treat people like SH*** and act like its normal and get away with it. At times when I come across rich snobby people like this I hate my job because these people have someone to do everything for them, spoon feed them, etc etc....

I was brought up to treat people with respect and dignity, whether they were better off or worse than I am.....the thing that gets me about some of these wealthy people "in upper echelons of high finance" is their need to brag about their wealth and possessions.....but what the heck, I have to swallow my pride and cater to these wealthy bastards because my company is paying me to do my job.

but all in all when we die, all the wealth we have and cars we drive isnt gonna matter anymore....
well said!! i dont like cocky people, most of the rich have stolen fom the poor to get rich just look at the news! scandals everyday and someone buys an evo and people have to rag on it . i think my evo is great because i did not have to spend 90k plus for the same performance on a high price car that only a hand full of people can fix it and you can only drive it 7000miles before its ready to be sold, an evo is the true great car and you can fix it right at home with help from a lot of other good evo owners.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

I am in A.I.