Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can't have 2-step?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep tried setting the two step on this car... but for some reason it wasn't working. Most likely it has to do with the clutch pedal switch, but didn't have time to look into it much.

Doug
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Willum, you need to get under the driver's side dash and ensure that the white switch at the top of the clutch pedal is connected. There 3 of these white connectors, but you only care about the top - it's the hardest to reach. You can get to it from underneath or by going through that little panel with the headlight adjustment knob (or whatever is by your left knee, I forget). If it's disconnected, then that's why it doesn't work. Plug it in and try it out...
Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony_b
Are you sure you want this guy tuning your car, (much less go back again) if he can't do something as simple as set the rpms for the stationary rev limit?
If Doug couldn't set it there was a good reason, the guy very much knows what he's doing.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Warrtalon, do you mean the switch that takes off the factory rev limiter? If thats the one, I took that off awhile ago, so I'm assuming I need to replug that and they can set up the 2-step. Or should it just work after I put it back? Anyways I'll be trying it out in the morning and see how it goes. Thanks for the help and ya, Doug knows what hes doing, he's a great great tuner!
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

They're doing an evo dyno day today at topspeed, you should stop by and see if there's time to get your car in even though you didn't sign up..
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeez, you had it disconnected. Well of couse that's why it didn't work. You knew that disconnecting it removed the factory 2-step, so then you should know that's why they couldn't get your 2-step to work. That has to be plugged in for it to work. Remember, they aren't adding some magical 2-step - they are just changing the RPM of the one that already exists in stock form at 5k rpm.

To clarify, that switch does NOT take off the factory rev limiter - there is no switch for that. This switch is only for the stationary rev limit (a.k.a 2-step).