Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Yet Another Problem With Mitsu Dealership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet Another Problem With Mitsu Dealership

So I go into the dealsership to get a oil change because I have a service plan with them.. A couple of weeks ago I got the Volk CE28N Time attacks so when i go in they say i am also due for a tire rotation. I clearly state to them that I just want the oil change and no tire rotation and to leave my wheels alone. So when I get my car back I notice they had put stick on wheel weights on the wheels, ok no problem. Then I look closer at my rims and I have real little chips by where the lugs go in. Not on every one but def. some. So I take it back and talk to the service manager and he claims "they don't do work for free" yet this is all warranty work covered from my service plan. I put on the wheels/tires and the volks balanced out perfect no need for the weights i told him. I put them on I know this. Then he states fine we will take the weights off. I say I dont care about the weights I care about the little chips in my wheels! Then he says maybe we shouldnt work on the car. And of coarse the tech that worked on my car was out for the day. He said he will talk to the tech on monday to see of he messed with my wheels. So I need to call him on monday. Any suggestions in what I should do I know they are going to deny touching them. And the chips are VERY small but i am very picky with my stuff as I know you all are. Antother thing is I bought them new from another member so I don't have a receipt.

let me know what you guys think!

thanks
corey
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

i would deffinatly call back monday and see what the tech has to say. If you told them not to touch the wheels they should have not messed with them. If the wheels are chipped then i would see what they will do about that tell them the wheels arent cheap which they arent and see waht they will do to make it right. also be calm when you talk to them becuase the more angry you get the less they will try to make it right with you!!!

Matt
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm really glad that my dealership isn't like that at all.

My guess is that you might be biting the bullet, especially if they find out how much those wheels cost. They will deny anything. Go straight to the dealership owner if you can. I'm lucky because the dealer where I got my Evo from...the owners are pratically on a name to name basis with some of their customers and they are more than willing to help out.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

another reason why you don't let ANYONE touch your car
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i know...
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

that's ridiculous how they can mess with stuff you specifically told them not too. he did mess with the wheels as we can all clearly see from your description, but as said before you might have to let it go. i don't kno what you can do to really prove that the guy put the little chips in there, but you can say that he had to take off the wheels to balance the wheels.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

if nothing is worked out, call local news and get the cosumer reporter involved. If that doesn't work then take em to small claims court. I wouldn't pay all that money on those wheels to have some j@ck@55 tech chip the paint on them. Take pics, get statements, do it right and don't give up. SOmebody's gotta stand up to these dealerships f*cking up our cars.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

It depends on how far you're willing to go. There comes a point where someone will have to touch everyone's car...whether it's mechanical or cosmetic. The advice to never let anyone touch it is good, but not always possible.

My concern is that it may be too late. I can see the dealership claiming they didn't touch the wheels and that the damage must have been acquired from someone else, possibly when you first mounted them. It's ignorant and total BS, but I have seen that before.

Start calm and hold strong about taking it up the chain of command. If you are met with complete resistance, move on all the way up to the owner. If the dealership owner still will not help, call the non-emergency number for the police department and file a police report for damage to property. It costs nothing and will send a strong message. They may bend, being that you now have a police officer in their showroom with potential customers. I would make sure you have the car parked directly out in front at this point. From there, you can take it to small claims court. Be thorough in your documentation. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Oh...and find a new dealership if it gets this far.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

which dealership did this happen at?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:22 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Ask them for some sort of service log (though i'm not sure if they keep them or not, but any good place would keep a log of their work).

If they do deny it, which is highly probable, you might just find some gaps in their service log if you know what i mean. There was a thread related to this topic a while back, I'll post an update if I can find it.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:25 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Actually bump that, I found a really good link (the admin imposed a 45 sec delay between post). Here's the link, hope it helps

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2669.html

Last edited by pao; Nov 3, 2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

go in there until they meet your needs your the customer!!!
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Ask them if they put electrical tape around the lug nut socket so it wouldn't scratch the finish on the wheels. Of course the answer will be "no", but at least, you let them know that you savy and are aware of what they did and how they could have avoided it (granted, they could have avoided it by not touching your wheels at all, as requested, but we are beyond that point).

Mike
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:10 AM

yea, id like to know what dealership this is so that the evo owners or mitsu owners for that matter dont get screwed by this dealer. Also if things dont work out, let them know that you are part of evo boards and will be letting would be customers know what happened
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

man i feel for you. I had my BBS powdercoated. I was sweating bullets when the tire man was mounting them on. They ended up with very very tingy scuffs around the edges, but nothing to get upset about.

Like a few guys said in here. Keep your cool, but let them know your upset. Good luck with yours