Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car totalled............

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares if his parents Financed it for him get over it. it is not your familys money so you have nothing to worry about

Last edited by bby evo; Nov 5, 2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW It could have been his family on the other side of the street when he lost control slamming it, er uh heel toeing and dropping it at 5K.

As for paying for it, personally I could care less. I don't think people appreciate stuff as much that's given to them, but chances are pretty good if his parents bought it for him he's paid for it with his grades.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

yes what if his mom was in the car with him because she couldnt afford her own car after buying an evo and he was giving his mom a ride to work before going to school and she was hurt? yes its not my family, but what if your family was by that telephone pole and was hurt by his stupidity? how would you be thinking right now?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

look ...do you vote? probably not, people like you complain about certain rights, but dont even go out and vote, its people like you that doesnt see a problem with this, this is why insurance rates are higher for an evo, this is why alot of things are the way they are, but who cares right?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

/\lol..who cares
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

if you dont care then quit posting as if you do care by posting "who cares", like i said you make no sense, because obviously you do care by posting your remark and trying to get your point across by typing " who cares"
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by itsaneswhocares
if you dont care then quit posting as if you do care by posting "who cares", like i said you make no sense, because obviously you do care by posting your remark and trying to get your point across by typing " who cares"
it's just the chicago crew sticking by their friend. Albeit blindly, but oh well at least nobody else was hurt.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

ahh i see....
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Nah..I don't even know him.

You seem like an angry person though...to be continuously bashing him..ONLINE
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:19 AM

Wow, that sux so much good hing that you are okay.

God it made me sick to see an Evo all messed that sux!!!!
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
...He had to repair my Passat a few months back for over $2500.00 (the insurance company wrote me a check for this much!) in damage, he charged me a few hundred dollars and I pocketed the rest...
That's pretty much the textbook definition of insurance fraud, isn't it?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

It's to my understanding that you were to busy checking out the girls in back of you than paying attention to the road, smh. I feel bad for what happen, but in the same aspect, they don't tell you to keep your eyes on the road because there is a pot of gold up ahead.

Also, whateva you do, knowing you want an evo bad, don not fraud the insurance company. I will contact them personally and show them this thread,

Time for a slower car my friend.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by emagdnim8
/\Why are you so jealous?...who cares
Ok, I feel somewhat of the same way itsaneswhocares does, that make me jealous of the MuslimEvoFreak too? Seems like your basing your claims on itsaneswhocares on the car he owns because its on the cheaper lancer es and not the expensive evo.

I don't see him jealous at all, just stating facts.

Last edited by Arithmetic; Nov 5, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

To the OP (Syed), it's unfortunate, although somehow I did get a feeling that there was a good chance this was going to happen judging from your previous posts on EvoM. However, one thing I've realized is that big things like this usually happen because of a split second judgment error, and it's rarely that the mistake was something insanely outrageous or because the driver was actually really bad. That's the difference between young drivers and more experienced drivers is that young drivers tend to make quite a few more of these little oopsies, so that's really all there is to it.

Now as for all of the whiny posters who keep bagging on parents who buy their kids 30k cars... geez get over yourselves. 30k is NOT a lot of money for a car in your upper middle class neighborhoods. How many kids do you know whos parents bought them fully loaded Accords that cost about the same? How about a 3-series? <--I can't even count the number of kids I see running around with those. Audi's, Mercs... hell I even see some run around in Boxsters, Z4's, or even the occasional 911. On campus, I've seen a kid with a Cayenne, another with a brand new 335i, and there's even one rolling around in an NSX. People buy what they can afford, period.

His parent's probably didn't know **** about an evo and what kind of car it is (I mean honestly what typical parent does?). Even if they did do research on Yahoo Autos, edmunds, or any of those websites, all that they would have gathered is that it's a very nice performing 4-door sedan with AWD capabilities.

Last edited by DarkMastyr; Nov 5, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

/\+1 to that

It doesn't make sense to try and show that you're more mature than someone else by being a crybaby on a forum.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by itsaneswhocares
oh snap can you really pick up a srt-4 for 15,000???? where at man? those cars are pretty hidious looking though
Here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...on=&max_price=

Look dude, you got your point across 4 pages ago. Everyone knows what you are getting at but, the way you keep going on it really just starts to sound like jealousy or that you have a hard on for this kid for no reason other than he is young and has a fast car.

The kid f*cked up. He knows it. He admits it freely and that takes a lot of character. His parents made a mistake in helping him get an Evo for his first car. However, he could have just as easily done the same thing in one of those SRT's above, a 95 trans am or, a freaking Toyota Tacoma all of which he could afford as well but, would still probably need help from his parents getting financed.

I think we've pretty well got it covered.

Quick Reply: Car totalled............