Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car totalled............

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn what a totalshame.

go get a 06 blue ix now. LOL
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:00 AM

sorry to hear syed, atleast your not injured
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear what happen but dont feel to bad because the car is replaceable. As long as you are fine, that is the most important thing. I would be very intrested in a certain part of the car if you are going to part it out (local).
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Take it as a lesson learned. Good to hear that you're ok...it's always to bad to hear about someone wrecking their evo due to whatever reason. You'll be ready for another evo in a few more years. This car is NOT for a 17-19 year old kid...no offense but it's reality and the stats suggest a person in your age bracket is EXTREMELY prone to wrecking a "fast car" rather than a regular one due to inexperience on the road and with cars in general. Let me know if you're going to part out I REALLY need a part from your car ( PASS headlight). Again, sorry to hear.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

crazy. all kinds of "bad luck" happening too you. Insurance will probably claim it at a loss and if you want any sort of money. I see your deductible over $1000 or close to it. And if you haven't finish paying for it. The bank/insurance company will keep it.

good "luck" in the near future.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Powder
Looks like he pulled a Jihad on his evo..............
LMAO!!!!!!!

... i just now got that haha
Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Damn that sucks, but those girls, they're *****es for just driving off like that.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear, that was a beautifull car but can be replaced, good with the insurance
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sry to hear about the car.... but i cant say im surprised at all
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I told you this thread would explode. It sucks that this happened, but I'm sorry to say it, and I certainly don't mean it as an insult to you, but I'm not that surprised. Judging by your description, you were paying more attention to the girls than you were to the road or the car. Everybody has to deal with tailgaters, but I don't see why you would try to gun it other than the fact it was a group of girls behind you. If I was you I'd buy a civic si, cobalt or some other slower car and learn how to drive a little bit more maturey and responsibly before jumping into the seat of another 300 hp AWD sports car. Next time you might not walk away.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kapolani
Tell us again how bitter you are.

Just don't go Columbine on a group of girls...
Hah, no I still love girls too much to do that.. It's just some bad times to impress some girls that involved driving, cops, and road blocks.... It was a long night.

Feminists have clearly no idea how powerful women actually are.

Originally Posted by Mystique
Damn that sucks, but those girls, they're *****es for just driving off like that.
Agreed... But I doubt he'll try heel-toeing to impress chicks again.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I told you this thread would explode. It sucks that this happened, but I'm sorry to say it, and I certainly don't mean it as an insult to you, but I'm not that surprised. Judging by your description, you were paying more attention to the girls than you were to the road or the car. Everybody has to deal with tailgaters, but I don't see why you would try to gun it other than the fact it was a group of girls behind you. If I was you I'd buy a civic si, cobalt or some other slower car and learn how to drive a little bit more maturey and responsibly before jumping into the seat of another 300 hp AWD sports car. Next time you might not walk away.
I wasn't paying attention to them as in "oo are they hot?". I was paying attention the fact that what kind of *****es would tailgate when they know it isn't wanted. I already gave them a hint when I really slowed down. You are saying that I gunned it. Maybe I didn't clearly explain myself but I wasn't trying to gun it. I was in 4th gear almost bogging and I wanted to downshift into 2nd to slow down even more. I heel-and-toed and ended up revving to 5k instead of 2-3k. That is when I let the clutch out too fast and boom my car rocketed forward.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Your story makes no sense (like all the other crash stories on evom.) You were watching the girls behind you going around the bend, then out of nowhere you just rev it to 5 dump the clutch and go sideways? Um.......

EDIT: I just saw your post ^. Why would you heel-toe from 4th to 2nd and let the clutch out that fast? Where's 3rd?

Anyway goodluck with your insurance company.

Last edited by BBYBruno; Nov 4, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, I'll explain it clearly. While I was going around the bend, the girls were tailgating me. I was watching them while I was in 4th gear almost bogging so they could get the hint to back off. When they didn't I heel-toed (music was playing loudly). I couldn't hear my engine so I revved to 5k not knowing that what I did was really really really stupid. I thought I was at 2-3k rpms. When I let the clutch out, my car just jerked sideways and let loose. I tried counter-steering but my reaction was too late and to be honest with you, even if I wasn't too late, I probably couldn't have gotten out of that situation. I wasn't trying to impress anyone hear. I was just watching the girls to see if they were going to back off yet. I have a girlfriend. I am on court supervision until December so I knew not to do anything stupid.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

I was heel-and-toeing because my car was bogging badly. I was in 4th and my rpms were at like 2k.

Quick Reply: Car totalled............