Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car totalled............

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to hear you are ok.

i highly recommend getting a 93 4 cylinder auto mustang as your next driver. drive it until you graduate and then get yourself another car.

if you can control that car through the hard rains / snow then you should be a better driver for any other car. plus, you'll be more appreciative of something that has power and can handle.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks again good luck though
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ouch! Sorry to see it man. Hope everything goes well with getting it back on the road.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about the car man, and i'm sorry you had to learn the hard way how easy it is for things to get out of hand in that car. don't let all of the haters fool you, i don't know many evo owner's that don't have at least one "damn, that was close" story.

regardless of how it happened, glad that you're ok. whatever you get next, be careful.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, and forget about impressing the girls. they're nothing but trouble anyway.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I already know what I am doing with my future and I have already begun with the requirements. I am glad I don't have to pay for bills but it just makes me cry to see that car totalled. Call me a punk *** kid or w/e u want but I know I loved that car.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

ouch mann

good thing is you arent hurt

couldda been worse
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
I already know what I am doing with my future and I have already begun with the requirements. I am glad I don't have to pay for bills but it just makes me cry to see that car totalled. Call me a punk *** kid or w/e u want but I know I loved that car.

I totally understand you there....my car has been at the body shop for a month (dude rearended me in the rain) and I am driving a cavalier. My car is going to feel crazy fast after 30+ days in a auto chevy. Dude you are only 18.......just save, build your credit, then once you graduate and are making decent cash buy another car of your desire. Good Luck.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

im sure you loved that car at the moment man, but i loved another girl at age 17, i was into totally diffrent things at age 17, i didnt even like cars or believe in driving one, i took a city bus everywhere because my parents didnt even own a car

your life is diffrent now and you will think things over, who knows by next year you might not even want an evo, you might want something else, just be more careful and respect your craft next time
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Maturity doesn't come from loving the car, otherwise all those ricers would be the most mature people in the world.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Maturity doesn't come from loving the car, otherwise all those ricers would be the most mature people in the world.
+1

Painful but true, glad to see you are alright. You definitely have one thing on your side, time and lots of it to make up for a small mistake. Take care of yourself..

An interesting side note:
A friend of mine once told me you don't have a fast car to see how fast you can go. You have a fast car to see how slowly you can ride past the ladies. Interesting guy and interesting outlook
Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

ddaaaammmnnnn thats what happens when mommy n daddy buy kids fast expensive car that they cant handle... glad your ok..... but judging by some of your previous posts... this was a long time comin my friend... good luck.. i think you should stay away from evos... ugh those pics put a bad taste in my mouth.. maybe you should get an old civic n get your driving skills up...
Old Nov 4, 2006, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Okay. My dad started a savings account for me when I was 6. By the time I got to the age of 11, I was getting allowance, birthday money etc. When I say I work 50 hours a week, I don't mean I have it worse out of everyone. I mean that as a teenager, rather than spending my time with friends, hanging out and having fun, I was saving up for a car I really wanted. I used to work at Taco Bell making $6.50 an hour. Now I work at Just Tires making $8.35 making montly payments. My parents came in because I don't have credit to get the car. The car is under my dads name and he was going to put it under my name as soon as I turned 18 so I can work a full-time job and go to college.

peace out homey!!! see ya on the kia forums!

lol
Old Nov 4, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about the car. garrett told me at work.

if your car is totaled out. call me, ill gladly take some parts off your car.

insurance is a good thing otherwise
Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

It's really easy to kick this guy while he's down, but lets face it - just about every single EvoM member has had a close call before.

While I personally am shocked at the ammount of money some parents will spend on their kids, its not worth getting upset over. Each and every one of us has led a different life than the other, and at different costs.

It's his parents choice, and his luck. Life's terribly unfair but lets quit insulting him.

Quick Reply: Car totalled............