Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car totalled............

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamLike1
It's really easy to kick this guy while he's down, but lets face it - just about every single EvoM member has had a close call before.

While I personally am shocked at the ammount of money some parents will spend on their kids, its not worth getting upset over. Each and every one of us has led a different life than the other, and at different costs.

It's his parents choice, and his luck. Life's terribly unfair but lets quit insulting him.

thats what i said earlier
Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is anybody kicking him while hes down? i would feel sympathy for the kid if he had bought the car on his own and paid his own insurance.

in the real world, a regular guy who doesnt live at home and pays bills might not recover from this situation, because of higher insurance saving all over again, etc etc

this kid is lucky and maybe its somebody telling him, he needs to go another direction in life rather than having his parents buy him a car that alot of guys who have families and work for a living wish they could have.

live and learn "yes" but some of us dont have mommy and daddy to bail us out
Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Damn that sucks man! If your car ends up being totaled, i'll buy my wheels/tires back from you.... let me know
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
I was heel-and-toeing because my car was bogging badly. I was in 4th and my rpms were at like 2k.
This thread is like passing through Darwin's waiting room.

Last edited by FJF; Nov 4, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Funny, I seem to remember about a million threads on here where people who are smart enough to know that parents shouldn't give their kids cars like this as first cars are called haters and every other stupid name in the book. This is a perfect example of why those people are right, lucky for you that you weren't hurt and nobody else was hurt.
This is a perfect example of it doesn't matter who you are, if you show off even a little, hell can come of it.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think the car is considered totaled. The car is worth maybe 27k so there must be at least 14k worth of damage for the insurance company to say it is totaled. Today alot of insurance companies are starting to not total cars and have them fixed. My friend has a body shop and I seen cars in alot worse accidents then this and he fixed them. In fact I seen cars with more then 65% worth of the car being fixed. Good luck but I don't think they are totaling the car unless they have already.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that glad u are okay..
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:31 PM
brp
Evolving Member

i have no problem saying that i dont feel bad at all for all these kids that crash or ruin their evos, but i am starting to feel bad for this kid, he for once actually sounds like he learned his lesson on this one, plus i have never seen anyone in this forum take all the s++t comments from other people like this kid has so far and not say anything but appologize for his mistake.

now what is the deal with the lancer guy, if your parents didnt love you or couldnt afford anything, call a therapist because i am sure nobody wants to hear your problems, you are just embarasing yourself with all of your jelousy. now if you really want an evo and cant afford one sounds to me like you are not doing something right too!!! i think the kid got the point, also he is not your son, so if you dont think a 16something year old kid should have an evo, dont buy your kids one. if his parents want to buy him 4 evos they are going to buy him 4 evos no matter what you think....

sorry i just think this guy is going too far with the jelousy here
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

who the heck is jealous? what just because i have a lancer , im jealous of his wrecked evo? what are you joking? im just saying i dont feel sorry for a rich kid.

who said my parents didn't love me? what just because i said my parents didnt give me money means i wasn't loved? i wouldnt trade my parents for the world. what are you telling me your first car was an evo?

i have a lancer now, but what does that mean in a few years? i dont need to be jealous of a kid who just wrecked his evo, obvious isn't it? oh and yes im jelousy, wait.......why don't you learn how to spell jealousy before using the word too much.

Last edited by itsaneswhocares; Nov 4, 2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Life goes on and you learn from your mistakes, I hope you move on quickly and stay strong. Good thing is that you're not injured or anything. Good luck with your next buy, and about those driving classes, they're extremely worth it if you haven't invested in them, I've done some myself and there are things you can learn that will be so helpful whether on the track or on the street, keep your chin up man, things will turn out fine!
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll say it everytime.....kids want lots of things, doesnt mean you go out and get it for them.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

everyone needs to ****ing relax. no one is ****ing perfect. people do make mistakes. you all act like your the best drivers in the ****ing world.

he made a mistake, and he learned his lesson, back the **** off.

sorry about your loss.
;(
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
brp
Evolving Member

i didnt say that you were jealous of HIS recked evo, i said you were jealous of the fact that a 17 year old has an evo and you can't afford one, seems pretty obvious from your posts. no the evo was no my first car, it was my 4th. the first car i drove was owned by my parents which was a lexus, then i had a jetta that was my own then a mazda 3 also mine, and now the evo which is irrelevant. also dont talk about spelling, besides english(which is not my first language) i am fluent in 2 other languages and know a bit of a couple other ones..... now aren't you on the wrong section of the forum?
now i said what i wanted to say, so i am done with this. act as mature as you say you are and be done with it too, besides you should rest up so you can go to your job monday and make yourself some money so maybe one day you caan own an evo too!!! good night

ps. yes, i completelly agree with jdmboost's last post
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sinc when did a parent's love equate to buying their kids whatever they want? In reality it often operates in a completely opposite fashion, lots of rich people substitute parental attention for material goods, which unfortunately is not even close to the same thing. My parents could have bought me a faster car, for gods sake they're both doctors, but they have more common sense and know how teenagers are, both from experience with my older brother and from experience in the hospital where they saw first hand what happens when hormones and horsepower mix.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
People need to cut this "oh you're jealous" crap, that isn't and never will be a valid response to any sort of post.

Quick Reply: Car totalled............