Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finally put on my wheels.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2003, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s4awd
Those Tarmac Evos look sweeeeeet on your white Evo
I just received my set of Tarmac Evos from Japan today, 17x8s so I can re-use those Advans, can't wait to put them on my blue Evo. Do you know where I can find some center caps that would fit those wheels?
Old May 14, 2003, 06:46 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Originally posted by s4awd

Hmm. you people don't read. I'll post it again. The specs are here. . I have the 18x8.5s. I don't think they come in black.
s4awd - way cool!!!what kind of car is that? what color are those wheels? are they round? what size are they? how much were they? where did you get them? do they come in other colors? what kind of tires are you using? are they round too? do they come in other colors? Red tires with blue wheels would be awesome on a white car. where did you get them? how much did they cost? why does your car looks lower than mine? Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet.....?

Don't . Only kidding. Ride looks very good. Thanks for the post about the S-03 performance limitations. I have been shopping for other longer wearing tires too, but if the performance will suffer that significantly I'll stick with the Advans until someone identifies an acceptable comprommise. Just say no to understeer. Thanks for sharing with the forum.

Last edited by jfh; May 14, 2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old May 14, 2003, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

They don't come in black?

Hmm. you people don't read. I'll post it again. The specs are here. . I have the 18x8.5s. I don't think they come in black.

Old May 14, 2003, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jotan82
nice and clean, thank you for not putting wheels on stock suspension...
Why not? I wouldn't see a problem with that. Anyone else?
Old May 15, 2003, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Shahul X
what about Toyo RA-1's?

-shahul
I'd say you're on the right track. I doubt normal "max perfromance" tires, even the Azenis, are going to come close to the Advans that come with the car.

TRS
Old May 15, 2003, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mrdecibel

Why not? I wouldn't see a problem with that. Anyone else?
i do... drop the beotch before you rim it...

rims before drop =

upsize rims anyhow... not stock size...
Old May 15, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by trs94

I'd say you're on the right track. I doubt normal "max perfromance" tires, even the Azenis, are going to come close to the Advans that come with the car.

TRS
I think the Azenis will eat the stock advans. I've seen some Racelogic datalogs from a AutoX run with stock Advans. A max performance with will imprve upon the the stock advans. But the the evo seems to be tire sensitive. The S-03 just don't seem to work well on the Evo. Sad since the older now obsolete S-02 were very good on the Evo in the past.

The one common thread for all the tires that seem to work well are stiff sidewalls. The stock advans are good but there not a great max performance tire.

Erik
Old May 15, 2003, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius

OMG that was funny!

s4awd, werent you supposed to get a red car?
I was supposed to but at a $1,500 markup. When the car arrived I decided to call other dealers and there was one that didn't markup up the price so I could use the money to get the suspension. All they had was yellow and white so I grabbed the white. Again Claudius, thanks for your help in finding the wheels. Thanks to Maxi too. His video was my inspiration
Old May 15, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ReHeat
s4awd
Those Tarmac Evos look sweeeeeet on your white Evo
I just received my set of Tarmac Evos from Japan today, 17x8s so I can re-use those Advans, can't wait to put them on my blue Evo. Do you know where I can find some center caps that would fit those wheels?
Cool! I absolutely have no idea where I can find those center caps. I'm going to start browsing the web for them today. It's really good that you can reuse your tires because I am very dissapointed with the ones I purchased. Have fun and upload your pictures when you get a chance.
Old May 15, 2003, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

i may try the Advan A028's on my car when i get my new wheels...
Old May 15, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Diesel
i may try the Advan A028's on my car when i get my new wheels...
I'm not able to find Advans anywhere except for the A032Rs which don't come in 18 inch. Where are you purchasing them from
Old May 15, 2003, 10:48 AM

no big surprise here, ask any friend or wrx owners that dealt with them before. Some people wanted them banned off the forums for they shady business ethics.

the TEIN's are from Vivid($1580) who sent me a beat up opened box with a punctured anti rust can which of course was empty.
Old May 15, 2003, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Cool! I absolutely have no idea where I can find those center caps. I'm going to start browsing the web for them today. It's really good that you can reuse your tires because I am very dissapointed with the ones I purchased. Have fun and upload your pictures when you get a chance.
You might be able to use this center cap

It's for the forged Tarmac Evo. The people I've talk to from Japan said it wouldn't fit my 17x8s (I can't see why ). But since your rims are the exact same size as the forged verion, they might fit you.

Quick Reply: Finally put on my wheels.