Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP!!! very loud whinding noise in my evo ix!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were you really hauling a$$ on you car before you had 1K miles on it. Isn't there a break in period that you have to do on these cars? Also from fighting with the dealership and the description you stated about the whining sound, there are 3 problems that sound exactly like mine.

their is a 600 mile break-in period which i took it very easy.

1. Transfer case, whining on all gears, constant, leaking of fluid and burnt smell.

that is EXACTLY the same description of what i believe has happened to my car. how many miles were you at when yours started to do the same thing?

2. Lower IC pipe, smoke coming from engine bay, no power, no pressure, no boost.

i dont think i had any piping come off because the car still feels strong.

3. Turbo malfunction, I blew the bearings off the turbo, metal-to-metal rattling noise.

I got the dealership to warranty both problems, it took forever but they ended up doing it, since I found a bulletin pretaining to the problems!

Good Luck!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Were you really hauling a$$ on you car before you had 1K miles on it. Isn't there a break in period that you have to do on these cars? Also from fighting with the dealership and the description you stated about the whining sound, there are 3 problems that sound exactly like mine.

their is a 600 mile break-in period which i took it very easy.

wow, I took it easy till about 1500 miles

1. Transfer case, whining on all gears, constant, leaking of fluid and burnt smell.

that is EXACTLY the same description of what i believe has happened to my car. how many miles were you at when yours started to do the same thing?

I blew mine at about 15K, I also got the infamous 3rd and 5th gear grind!

Dealership is a biotch to deal with. But if you want to fight them, they have to prove within a shadow of a doubt that what caused the malfunction was anything that you did, if they cant prove that, you will win your case.

Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

sucks to hear that dude, but just like posted earlier the dealership will do whatever to not fix your ride.
On another note, invest in a few tools and learn to change your own oil........it's going to cost you less, be more rewarding and will lessen your headaches. The Mitsu filter is very good and the very same MOBIL 1 is cheaper at Pep Boys. I found that the oil cost almost $2.00 more from Mitsu. If you don't want to, then take your car to the stealership for your oil changes that way anything goes wrong you can directly blame them. Good Luck
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

hey bigbusa which dealership did you go to?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by d'shark
sucks to hear that dude, but just like posted earlier the dealership will do whatever to not fix your ride.
On another note, invest in a few tools and learn to change your own oil........it's going to cost you less, be more rewarding and will lessen your headaches. The Mitsu filter is very good and the very same MOBIL 1 is cheaper at Pep Boys. I found that the oil cost almost $2.00 more from Mitsu. If you don't want to, then take your car to the stealership for your oil changes that way anything goes wrong you can directly blame them. Good Luck
ya this dealership thing is a joke but i still have faith. wont no until the end of the day. ive actually done an oil change on my buddies evo ix just a few weeks before. i was just being lazy and didnt think it was that big of a deal to get it changed somewhere else especially if i was sitting their watching them step by step. but next time for sure ill be doing my own oil change