Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A special thanks to everyone wrecking their EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
so how do you drive it legally then???
In WI you can drive without insurance, but i do have drivers insurance on a beater car so if i get into a accident i dont loose my house. I have gotten pulled over once in the last year and the cop just had to verify my parents home address yada yada yada and they let me go w/o a ticket. "Im just driving their car".
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
In WI you can drive without insurance, but i do have drivers insurance on a beater car so if i get into a accident i dont loose my house. I have gotten pulled over once in the last year and the cop just had to verify my parents home address yada yada yada and they let me go w/o a ticket. "Im just driving their car".
Thats awesome and scary at the same time.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rcheung
Wow that sucks for you. Mine actually went down a hundred bucks a year and I live in queens too. haha
Sucks for me, but I am happy for you that your rates went down.....I'm sure it just didnt go down for no reason, there had to be some reasons behind it
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

No big deal , insurance co.s increase their rate everyyr
(i.e. buy 06 policy for a MY 06 in 06 is costing more when u bought MY 05 car w/ 05 policy in 05)

it can be ur town's crime rate is going up or it can be anything beyond ur control
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136

In NY its illegal to drive w/o insurance. The DMV will not issue you license plates w/o having proof of at least liability insurance....but what the heck a lot of people drive w/o it anyway and just hope they dont get caught
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Its scary when you live about 5-10 miles away from the ghetto and know that 99% of those people dont have insurance or own anything in they're name to take if they hit you.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

You make $15K a year and you're gonna buy a $30K plus EVO??? How are ya gonna pull that off??? or is mommy gonna pay for it?

Let him learn the hard way
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil

Let him learn the hard way

Yeah I can just imagine him saying:

Mommy waaaaa waaaaaa I need gas money, I have a date tonight...

Mommy waaa waaa I need money, need an oil change and a tune up

Mommy mommy..... I need money..... I dumped my clutch trying to do a sick launch...need a new tranny....

the list goes on....
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:36 PM

I can't afford an EVO.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Change insurance companies if your rate is too high or is going up for no reason. I changed from Geico to Allstate (I have the same exact coverage as before and even have added renter's insurance). I am now saving $650/year on my insurance bercause I made the switch.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Juice33
Change insurance companies if your rate is too high or is going up for no reason. I changed from Geico to Allstate (I have the same exact coverage as before and even have added renter's insurance). I am now saving $650/year on my insurance bercause I made the switch.

my family has been with allstate for 20+ years
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:41 PM

my insurance just sucks im 21 and drving an evo plus everyone crashing their evos.. u do the math..
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

my family has been with allstate for 20+ years
Loyalty is not rewarded when it comes to insurance. I guess it makes it harder for them to drop you (so I have been told at least), but they will nickle and dime you until you change your company. Switching is the only way your rates will go down until you turn 25 or you hit some other milestones. Even then you may have to tell them that you have turned 25, I know the company I was using when I turned 25 (liberty mutual) didn't want to give me that discount until I told them that I turned 25, they also tried to not give me the Subaru Discount (they had a special deal with Subie for like 5% off insurance). So you may have to let them know what you are eligible for. Also, if you buy a wicked cheap beater and put it on your insurance with just liability, your rate might go down because the multi-car discount is worth more than the cost to put liability on a beater. I know that happened for me before.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:26 PM

I think that it's not so much the people wrecking Evo's. The think it's because of the high theft rate. If you ask me I think most Evo thefts are insurance jobs done by people who can't afford the dam car!!!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I can just imagine him saying:

Mommy waaaaa waaaaaa I need gas money, I have a date tonight...

Mommy waaa waaa I need money, need an oil change and a tune up

Mommy mommy..... I need money..... I dumped my clutch trying to do a sick launch...need a new tranny....

the list goes on....

so true

Quick Reply: A special thanks to everyone wrecking their EVO's