Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A special thanks to everyone wrecking their EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
Akemi27- Yah, but the problem is my parents are extremely rich. I live in a very upclass neighborhood with a 1.1 million dollar house. So EVERYONE thinks that I am spoiled and get basically anything I want... It's SO anooying and I just get made really easily when people comment about mommy and daddy paying for everything. I pay for nearly everything I own (minus meals and cell phone bill) but i pay my insurance (im only 17), my car, and gas. I do have two part time jobs, so it works for right now . And, my grandparents pay for college for me as long as I pass... They have for all of my cousins. No worries in the cash area for awhile, so why not get an Evo if i can easily afford it? :P
It doesnt help stating your parents are "extremely rich" and you have a "1.1 million dollar house." Its alot easier to not be a target if you dont make yourself one.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Juice33
Loyalty is not rewarded when it comes to insurance. I guess it makes it harder for them to drop you (so I have been told at least), but they will nickle and dime you until you change your company. Switching is the only way your rates will go down until you turn 25 or you hit some other milestones. Even then you may have to tell them that you have turned 25, I know the company I was using when I turned 25 (liberty mutual) didn't want to give me that discount until I told them that I turned 25, they also tried to not give me the Subaru Discount (they had a special deal with Subie for like 5% off insurance). So you may have to let them know what you are eligible for. Also, if you buy a wicked cheap beater and put it on your insurance with just liability, your rate might go down because the multi-car discount is worth more than the cost to put liability on a beater. I know that happened for me before.

Yes I have the multi-car discount applied towards my policy. The beater is listed as my primary use car and the EVO is listed as the weekend car. I am over 25 and take that defensive driving class every 2-3 years or so just for the additional discount on my insurance rates
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

**** you. Youre a dick to everyone on here. Also, im paying for all of it, and i have a 17k down payments already... Im a senior in high school (no rent or expenses and college is paid for)

A senior in high school? ha ha you sure are acting like one now.... if you have the $17K down payments more power to you. I'm not even gonna bother questioning where you got that money from. IMHO, dont make the same mistake that I made when I got my first sports car when I went to college..... I put all my hard earned money into it and that car sucked every dime, nickel, and penny out of me.

And you too are lucky that you pay no rent, expenses, or for college.... I'm sure someone is else is paying for it....let me guess??? Mommy and Daddy? But ohh well.... to each his own I guess. If you didnt have mommy and daddy's support, there's no way on earth you'll be able to afford that EVO while only making $15K a year.

Tell me something are you gonna keep the car stock??? cuz when that other college freshman whose rich parents bought him a Vette Z06 or something along those lines smokes your stock EVO you're gonna be itching to mod . If you are gonna mod, I hope that your credit card limit has a line of at least $20,000 or soemthing....cuz modding is real addictive and expensive fast. Ohh wait a minute....as a high school senior soon-to-be college freshman, the most you'll probably get is a $500 credit line to start off with...well that might be enough to buy you an intake and a BOV

anyhow, I mean you no harm, I just dont want you to get way in over your head with the EVO....its an expensive car to own, maintain etc.. and plus if you are gonna drive this car to school, I hope you dont make/have any enemies cuz they'll be quick to mess your nice EVO up real fast...dont forget, in college, haters are everywhere man.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably would have gotten a Civic coupe or hatch for use as my daily driver/college car and save the rest of my money towards dates/clothes or even my future home downpayment.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
IF your complaining about a $24 yearly increase on your insurance premium then you shouldn't be driving an evo especially if the thread-starter has enough money to have AEM ems + ams 50 trim turbo kit with all supporting mods...
I complain about my increases becuase I dont think I should have to pay for everyone elses mistakes. My record is clean bro.....no speeding tickets or moving violations in the last 5 years.... no accidents, nothing. I drive my EVO respectably on the street and not recklessly like the other kids out there.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Akemi27- Yah, but the problem is my parents are extremely rich. I live in a very upclass neighborhood with a 1.1 million dollar house. So EVERYONE thinks that I am spoiled and get basically anything I want... It's SO anooying and I just get made really easily when people comment about mommy and daddy paying for everything. I pay for nearly everything I own (minus meals and cell phone bill) but i pay my insurance (im only 17), my car, and gas. I do have two part time jobs, so it works for right now . And, my grandparents pay for college for me as long as I pass... They have for all of my cousins. No worries in the cash area for awhile, so why not get an Evo if i can easily afford it? :P

well, I see your situation, if your family can afford to do all that stuff then more power to you. Get the EVO and enjoy it. I know every parent wants the best for their kids and will give them everything they want if they can...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
It doesnt help stating your parents are "extremely rich" and you have a "1.1 million dollar house." Its alot easier to not be a target if you dont make yourself one.
Call me naieve (sp) or stupid, but I thought the 1.1 million dollar houses were all on the east or west coast....
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i am indifferent towards high rates. and mine are much higher than either of yours.

i just think it is futile to make threads about it and whine on forum.
+1

to express your anger over 24... a little extreme considering everything around automobiles (oil, fuel, parts...etc.) have gone up drastically and you choose to whine on a forum over 24???

Ill keep my evo as long as i can afford it. I blame no one for insurance prices but the insurance company, just like i do with fuel, and oil, and parts. The manufactures, company, and politics are to blame not each other.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThewondererEVO
+1

to express your anger over 24... a little extreme considering everything around automobiles (oil, fuel, parts...etc.) have gone up drastically and you choose to whine on a forum over 24???

Ill keep my evo as long as i can afford it. I blame no one for insurance prices but the insurance company, just like i do with fuel, and oil, and parts. The manufactures, company, and politics are to blame not each other.

yeah you have a point
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
well, I see your situation, if your family can afford to do all that stuff then more power to you. Get the EVO and enjoy it. I know every parent wants the best for their kids and will give them everything they want if they can...

I hope you didnt make this thread to argue with everyone on it.

I have parents but they never dished a dime out to spare me even if i needed doctors co-pay money or something for college.

Im still a student, I make way more than 15k I am only part time college student because i deal with school at my own pace and work full time to make enough to support myself and my lady as she does the same. I pay my own "Extreme" payments and insurance. Had my parents helped me I would probably be able to afford a nicer home for myself. In the meantime I have no kids so once im done paying for the evo I will have decent enough credit to think about that.

I have no accidents, no tickets, but I my car was vandelized which will probably make my insurance go up soon for.

Life sucks, live it as best you can while you can.

Hopefully we all see things more optimistically. for now have fun, be safe, and plan things out
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThewondererEVO
I hope you didnt make this thread to argue with everyone on it.

I have parents but they never dished a dime out to spare me even if i needed doctors co-pay money or something for college.

Im still a student, I make way more than 15k I am only part time college student because i deal with school at my own pace and work full time to make enough to support myself and my lady as she does the same. I pay my own "Extreme" payments and insurance. Had my parents helped me I would probably be able to afford a nicer home for myself. In the meantime I have no kids so once im done paying for the evo I will have decent enough credit to think about that.

I have no accidents, no tickets, but I my car was vandelized which will probably make my insurance go up soon for.

Life sucks, live it as best you can while you can.

Hopefully we all see things more optimistically. for now have fun, be safe, and plan things out

Thats neat with how you are making out.... I admire that....

on the other note, no I didnt make the thread to argue with people
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

ok cool, we should make our own insurance company for evo owners lol