Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer waiting list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lancer waiting list

I have contacted several dealers in my area to get on a waiting list for the EVO VII. 2 dealers said they knew nothing except it would be November at the earliest before they would start taking delivery and that they would call me with any updates that they get.

One of the dealers said they would put me on the list with no deposit but expect to pay premium over MSRP.

Then I had another dealer say they would take a $2000 deposit to put me on the list. Then the sales guy proceeded to tell me that the Lancer is only coming in one color and the first one will arrive in May.

I absolutely freakin hate it when people start just makin sh%t up instead of saying that they just don't know.

Any way has any one on here been put on a list and secured a price at MSRP price on a EVO VII? If so, how big of a deposit was necessary?

Thanks
-EJ
Old Mar 7, 2002, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

I put $500 down. My dealer has been taking deposits for a while now. I was #7 on the list...that was about 2 months ago. The contract said price to be determined. I know some people have contracts that say "MSRP" but who knows what that will be at this point.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 11:31 AM

Cool list

yo where do you live???? i'm just wondering when will the lancer evo 7 will be realeasing ... how many cars are going to be sold ??? would it be hard to get ???
Old Mar 8, 2002, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

I live in NY. The Evo will be here in January. It probably will be difficult to find at first...
Old Mar 8, 2002, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Perhaps this will help out a little bit with the dealers' reluctancy to sell for MSRP....

http://lancerforums.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2141

Hooby
Old Mar 8, 2002, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Hooby, lets say that the MSRP of the Evo when it comes is $28,000 and every dealer that gets a shipment decides to charge $2,000 over the MSRP due to high demand. Are you sure your deposit contract will guarantee a price of $28,000?? I mean all it is is a spot in line, not an actual contract to purchase the car...that you will fill out the day you actually purchase the Evo. Do you think the dealer could turn around at date of sale and say that to you??
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi can't....I repeat CAN'T tell their dealers to charge over MSRP....not only is it not ethical, but it's also not legal. If anyone makes the decision to go for over MSRP it will be individual dealers. If my dealer decides to tell me that they're going to jack up the price...I'll tell 'em to go **** themselves and I'll take 'em to court, that's how that goes

Yes, it's a spot in line, but it's also $500 deposit on the car itself. I've already paid these people $$ for a car they told me they would sell to me for MSRP.

Hooby
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Tru, you both did sign the contract. Lets say that your dealer decides to sell the Evo for slightly under the MSRP...do you have to pay the MSRP because thats what you contract states??

Now I have to get my dealer to either: a) agree to the MSRP on the contract, b) hope that he sells the car for MSRP, or c) hope that maybe there is some room for negotiation maybe slightly below the MSRP like it is with other new cars. Although if there is a huge demand, that probably won't happen.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

GT-A

My two biggest concern in all of this is that I want the GS-R, not a GT-A. If the EVO that we get is a the GT-A and not GS-R I would just assume get the RX-8. My other concern is not getting the car at least for MSRP. I am unwilling to pay more than MSRp for any car. I also don't want to accept the first thing that shows up at a dealership because I am on a list. I want to be able to place an order for exactly what I want. ( silver GS-R with HID lights) This concept is real hard to relate to the dealers I have talked to so far.

Have any of you guys who have placed a deposit so far been told that you would be contacted when the time comes to place orders, or are you taking first come first serve?

Thanks,
EJ
Old Mar 8, 2002, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

Good question, I want a silver GS-R also. I have a deposit down, but there is no way in hell I will take a different color than silver, I don't feel like setteling. Personally, I think there will be both manual and auto Evos available. As for the HID's, they are out of their ****ing minds if they don't include them standard on a $30,000 car. They new maximas have them, and they are well under 30k.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are going to demand that you pay retail and you are going to demand the color? If I was the dealer I think I would call the next guy on the list! Its not like they are going to have a huge selection of cars at their disposal. Good luck anyways.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

From what I understand, my dealer will be contacting the people on the waiting list come November or so and ask what color and options we want.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

I hope it works like that. I would hope that the dealer would work with its customers to insure that they are happy with there $30k purchase, wether the demand is high or not. Just because you pay MSRP it should not be to much to expect to get the color you want as well.

I can't waite to get this car

Regards,
-EJ
Old Mar 10, 2002, 11:33 AM

How much are you guys throwing in as your down payment?
Old Mar 10, 2002, 10:34 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

$500 for the deposit

I'll probably put a down payment of about $16K - $17K on the car.

Quick Reply: Lancer waiting list