Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tell me im stupid...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
A Mini?...Mother Of God NO!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterNater
A Mini?...Mother Of God NO!
You are under-estimating the power of the Mini Advertising machine:

You don't drive a Mini you motor in it..

It does not have a hood, it has a bonnet .....

There is no trunk, it's a boot ......

You can also get checkerboard mirror covers, roof applique, stripes and, for the love of God, lighted door sills.

It is as much a fashion statement as it is a car, Alas it is also a BMW - which means that it will most likely be decorating your local dealers lift rather than your driveway.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:12 PM

its just like a celica gt... i dont care about your track time or your anything... they should come with a ***** installed in the drivers seat
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes your stupid
who the hell would want a mini over an evo
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Smart
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

I'll whoop ur *** in my (still) stock 8 even if u got that $4000 supercharger option (or whatever that is)

Unless ur gay like Borat, then I'll say, go for it
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:34 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sl0ev0
someone better start telling me im an idiot! Theres 2 mini cooper GP's where i work, and for some reason i really like them. I almost even thought about selling my evo for it Would anyone else ever consider it?
http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...Tuning-Kit.htm
Minis are great cars. If one fits your driving style better than an Evo, then by all means go for it.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

I like them.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:15 AM

Cooper S????

Cooper S itself is a great car, a bit small for my taste and need, but IMO, worst of all, I don't want to be called Yuppies etc... If I ever want more luxury, get a IS250/300, or G35X/Skyline, beat owning a MINI and the image that they come with.

BOTTOMLINE: KEEP YOUR EVO !!!
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

$3xk mini , y
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skiploder
The GP is the last hoorah of the current R53 mini - it uses the iron lump 1.6 liter supercharged 4. It gets an 8 hp jump over the current JCW with a modified intercooler and revised DME.

The GP is not turbocharged.

The new turbocharged Mini (R56) will not hit the states until this spring. No JCW or other hot rod version of the new TC 1.6 has been specced or announced.

I had a heavily modified 03 MCS that put down about 212 hp to the wheels. It runs a good line and can compete at the track with more powerful cars with a good driver.

However, given equal drivers, an EVO or STI will beat it at the track. The EVO can carry as much speed through the turns and accelerate faster on the exits and in the straights.

Additionally if you think Evos have quality control problems, lurk on the Mini boards and hear the horror stories about bad body and engine harnesses, engine fires, power steering pump failures, stuttering problems and chronic squeeks and rattles. My MCS was in the shop constantly during the first 3K miles I owned it. Knock on wood, my Evo has been flawless.

BTW:

During the three years I owned my MCS I felt no lessening of the urge to bang my wife or fantasize about the hot asian chick at the gym or the redhead at the supermarket. In other words, if you think the type of car you own influences your sexual orientation - it's probably only a matter of time before that closet will no longer hold you.
Thank you! In a sea of wrong information and name calling, you post saved this thread.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skiploder
BTW:

During the three years I owned my MCS I felt no lessening of the urge to bang my wife or fantasize about the hot asian chick at the gym or the redhead at the supermarket. In other words, if you think the type of car you own influences your sexual orientation - it's probably only a matter of time before that closet will no longer hold you.
Hahahaahahahahah. yea bro your an idiot, sorry but you asked for the opinion. I rather have a jetta than a mini
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

If you like the Mini, get the Mini. I agree with you, the new ones look great and I certainly wouldn't mind having one if the price was right.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:35 AM

Anyone who trades in an Evo for a Mini should OD on heroine, dragged across state lines by a john deer, and raped to death by the tampa bay buccaneers.

Have a nice day.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

uhm.. your stupid!!!