Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

just venting about a freaking car wash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just venting about a freaking car wash

Went to a car wash today. Before I left the key to the guy working there, I checked that I unlocked the 4 doors, and I even left the driver door open to make sure they won't lock my car with keys inside.

Well anyways, after I paid at the cashier office inside, someone shouted, "Who had the black mitsubishi? It's locked!" I went out, and saw that my car had just finished the machine wash, and the guy hand washing my car must have clicked the lock key inside the car, and closed all the doors.

I was really angry as they said the car locked itself. Then the manager came out too, and said, "Look man, we didn't do it intentionally. It just happens. Even AAA people will have to open it my way" And then he tried to use some stick to open up some space through the rubber at my passenger door window. I said hell no, this is going to screw up the rubber. But since there was no other alternatives and I needed to leave within an hour, I had to let him. He even said,"I don't even know why you are so upset. It is nothing." And nothing my ***, I saw that deep mark left on the rubber of the front door now. It's not too bad, but its there. I was really upset, so I asked for a refund at the casher. Then this manager walked to towards me and said "So all you want is a refund, fine." And the customer behidn me added."Is that the black mitsubishi that was locked?" I said "yea man, I just bought it for a few weeks and thats messed up." Then this guy said,"They are just doing their job, it's nothing man. It's a mitsubishi, you'll hate it next year." I didn't even bother to look at him and I walked away. I should have asked the manager to lend me that stick and screw that man's car.

It may be a very minor thing, but dang I am so mad.
It's a long post, sorry for the vent.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

thats y u wash ur car yourself
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

You should file a law suit, and sue them for the 20$ that a new weather strip costs.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:30 PM

That's f'ed up man. That's what you get for not washing it yourself Just kidding man. I would have been just as fustrated...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:33 PM

I understand what you are saying. People just dont get it. My wife does not understand my love my Evo. She thinks its just another toy. I am even afraid to take it to the dealer for warranty work on the trany (3rd gear grind) I cant take of work and sit with it to make sure they dont take it out a trash it, I havent even got on it all the way yet.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by hopper
You should file a law suit, and sue them for the 20$ that a new weather strip costs.
It truly sucks that in most states, just filing costs $50 in the first place.

Anyway, it isn't that they did anything wrong in the first place. Mistakes do happen. It is how they went from there that was the true mistake. They should've offered you a refund right upfront. They should have admitted that even though it may not be a big deal to them it could be to you. They should've saw it your way and not theirs because the customer is always right. Sounds more like an anti-evo crime to me.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:40 PM

I wish I can do my car wash, but I live in an apartment and they don't even have tap water in a garage. And its really troublesome to carry a bucket of water to the garage.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
the doors lock by themselves after about 15secs ...i hate it and love it.

+1 on washing it yourself...pretty boy lol
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sherif41119
I understand what you are saying. People just dont get it. ....
Exactly, they JUST DONT GET IT. But I feel your pain man. You'll laugh about it one day.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

First incident is always the hardest to take.

Just give only the key next time and hold on to the door lock remote.

I always carry regular key in my wallet just in case I locked it in the car.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:47 PM

It's not really about the rubber on the window. It's their attitude and carelessness. It's clearly their fault and they just blame it to "**** happens". It's just like someone stick his finger into my nose, it won't hurt me, but emotionally it makes me angry.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by astroboy
It's not really about the rubber on the window. It's their attitude and carelessness. It's clearly their fault and they just blame it to "**** happens". It's just like someone stick his finger into my nose, it won't hurt me, but emotionally it makes me angry.
lmao ....don't know why that is funny ...i got a visual...u seem like you got a short and ishtty fuse

apartments and car washes suck...missed that part
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

u sure they locked it? my evo locks itself
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:50 PM

i see you're in L.A. what car wash is that so I don't ever go there lol.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:50 PM

Yea, actually it teaches me something. Just only give out the key. It also teaches me never leave any valuables in the car including the trunk, because it only takes him two seconds to unlock my car...