Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Typical Issues with evos....?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:26 PM
awr
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car fricken rocks trust me you will love awd
Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filter
what the point of a forum is all your going to say is use the search? why no you just write up a huge faq sheet and just shut down the forum and then post the faq on the main page?

forum is for disucssion just like in a bar or at the track strip. do you hear a question there thats been answerd by you to someone else? do you tell them to go use the search button?

if you see a question being asked that you seen answerd. move on or answer it dont be an *** and up your post count by saying " use the serach button."

either be helpful or ignore the post or move on.
use the english grammar/spelling button.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 08:05 AM

In answer to the OP: go for an '06 if at all possible, or wait for the X and see how that files.

In answer to the debate about reposts/repetitive posts: I try to use the search before I ask questions. Some times I find what I need, sometimes not. Most often, I find most of what I need, but I end up posting anyway because my findings were either not exactly what I wanted and/or there was way too much noise in the search results to wade through.

Until the mods decide to crack down on repeat postings, I welcome them quite frankly. Although some people might search for old posts when looking to get answers, no one searches for old posts in order to make answers. No one logs on and thinks to themselves "gee I know a lot about Evo turbo packages, let me search for some old threads about them and add my wisdom." By posting anew, you open it up to answers from people that may have joined since the last thread on the topic, or who may have simply missed the last thread.

If the mods have decided that repeat postings of this kind are okay, which by the absence of any measures to the contrary one can only assume they have, I will tend to look askance at any non-mods that come into threads and act condescending toward people that post on subjects "have been asked 1000 times." If you want to suggest that the poster might search, fine. But be nice about it. No one likes a sour-puss.