Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

questions for rs owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions for rs owners

well im looking into this one evo its actually an 06 rs but i have a few questions they have told me it has no abs brakes and other minor things but wondering whats the difference with and without it and is their any difficulties with your rs's thanks...
Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

ABS is the big one IHMO.

There are many threads on this subject.

and your question is vague.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did'nt miss ABS on my RS, those Brembos bite hard!

It is lighter but gives raw sensation w/o insulation. Different feel compared to my GSR. If you can deal w/ little inconveniences of manaul window and locks it's a great ride...

GL
Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:48 PM

Brakes are good without abs. I dont mind the road noise, if it gets on my nerves i just turn up the stereo. Roll down windows dont bother me except when my girlfriend says to me " you bought a car for almost 30k and it doesnt have power windows and locks". I just tell her that the hand motion is a good work out for her I didnt want a bleacher on the trunk, so it was a good choice. Just wish the dealer would've let me get HID's
Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I added aftermarket HID for $300 w/ 5300k bulbs and I swear those were much brighter than my stock IX SE HIDs.

It was SUPER bright!!! Get one...
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

some other things it does not have is, no fogs, no firewall sound material, no raadio or speakers(but wires are ran already for easy install), no trunk carpet, no rear wiper/wing, no abs brakes, no power windows etc and i think that about it.

things better about the RS is, aluminum roof, trunk bar, 147lbs lighter than all evos, and still has AC!!! Good luck!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

ya the rs from what i have heard is a great deal. i dont mind the abs or non power windows i just cant do the non power locks lol i cant stand leaning over to open the door for other people haha
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:06 PM

alright thanks guys for your inputs...yes i love the rs im looking at and all was just wondering i can deal with the no pwr locks or windows and all...im gettinbg them to put the radio in for me lol....and i love the no wing look....i was just wondering if people had their ifs or problems with them
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i love my RS, i'm actually looking into putting in an alarm with the keyless entry system. it's an awesome deal.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:20 PM

I would like to have abs, but it hasn't been an issue in 2 years of ownership. The brakes are outstanding. I like having my own radio, (Alpine), instead of that oem piece. Not having power locks and windows is annoying sometimes but I deal with it. My main complaint is the transmission action. What used to be reasonable is now annoying. Still deciding how to resolve that issue. If you want something closer to a true racecar experience this is it. I got the RS with no wing so I could avoid unwanted attention and it's worked well so far.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by roys44
I would like to have abs, but it hasn't been an issue in 2 years of ownership. The brakes are outstanding. I like having my own radio, (Alpine), instead of that oem piece. Not having power locks and windows is annoying sometimes but I deal with it. My main complaint is the transmission action. What used to be reasonable is now annoying. Still deciding how to resolve that issue. If you want something closer to a true racecar experience this is it. I got the RS with no wing so I could avoid unwanted attention and it's worked well so far.
yea i love the no wing look....but wondering what are you talking bout the transmission action???
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

theres quite a bit different, alot of lil stuff too that your dont really think about. No power windows or locks, no abs, no cruise, no vanity mirrorsin the visors, no armrest, no radio or speakers all the wireing is there, no sound deadening in the whole car, the trunk is gutted(looks awesome), no HID's or fogs, it does have a LSD diff, and a 15% shorter through shifter than the GSR,

PS: i wouldnt have mine any other way.....i dont just like my car, i LOVE it.

Last edited by BURNALL_4; Nov 12, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
theres quite a bit different, alot of lil stuff too that your dont really think about. No power windows or locks, no abs, no cruise, no vanity mirrorsin the visors, no armrest, no radio or speakers all the wireing is there, no sound deadening in the whole car, the trunk is gutted(looks awesome), no HID's or fogs, it does have a LSD diff, and a 15% shorter through shifter than the GSR,

PS: i wouldnt have mine any other way.....i dont just like my car, i LOVE it.
alright thanks yea well im really looking into this 1 and one of the guys out here told me he will get me a great deal on hid's so im not worried about that.....yea i know about the lsd and all im really gonna go look again at this car....thanks man
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:13 PM

Well before you get it make sure it shifts ok. Give it a try when it's cold. That's when it is worst. It should shift better after it warms up. If it doesn't shift pretty good in your opinion I'd skip it.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo IX RS is only 44 Lbs lighter than the Evo IX GSR. Not all that much.