Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I am worried about my car!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am worried about my car!!

My Evo has spent the past couple of days stuck in the driveway becouse of snow! It's snowed like crazy, we are talking about meters of snow. That doesn't bother me much but the thing is, our garage is only halfway finished so I don't have a place to store my baby.

I just waxed it and there is not much snow on it, so I am not that worried about the paint. However in the next days it will be extreamly cold so that got me thinking, are there any parts that might be fragile when it comes to cold weather, breaks or electronic devices etc???
Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asgeir Logi
My Evo has spent the past couple of days stuck in the driveway becouse of snow! It's snowed like crazy, we are talking about meters of snow. That doesn't bother me much but the thing is, our garage is only halfway finished so I don't have a place to store my baby.

I just waxed it and there is not much snow on it, so I am not that worried about the paint. However in the next days it will be extreamly cold so that got me thinking, are there any parts that might be fragile when it comes to cold weather, breaks or electronic devices etc???
My car spent two winters outside, sometimes in subzero fahrenheit temperatures and never had any issues. I always let it warm up for a couple of minutes before driving it and didn't drive it hard until after I had driven around for 10-15 minutes. It makes a few more noises when cold (creaks and rattles), but other than that I didn't have any issues.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admin Alumni

Don't know exactly where you are, but Reykjavik looks like around 0 C or so for the next couple of days. That's not that cold. I would follow the warm-up advice and not worry too much.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SASD209
Don't know exactly where you are, but Reykjavik looks like around 0 C or so for the next couple of days. That's not that cold. I would follow the warm-up advice and not worry too much.

haha, thanks for that! but I live in the north-east. they are talking about minus 15 to 20 later this week, that is rather cold...

I always let it warm up good, no matter how the weather is. but thanks for your answers, I will sleep tonight