Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Whos Reflash is better???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whos Reflash is better???

Looking to get one soon, dont know if i should go with buscher, tt, ams, vishnu??
Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Well your close to TT arn't you, just go there.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:55 PM
Admin Alumni

Have you gone to the vendor forums or done a search? There is wayyy too much info on here about this. Look it up.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no comment. this is a mixed opinion question. each tuner has their own way of tuning. each driver will like a tune over another because of how the powerband is (some drivers like a certain powerband over another).
Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

I was waiting for the "do you own search reply". That was pretty benign SASD. I'm sure the flames are coming though. lol
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:02 PM
Admin Alumni

I'm gonna give him the chance before the flamefest begins.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Dynoflash
Just about all of them are good the only one I have heard not so great reviews about is the one from Works way expensive low results.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

flame on!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Dude what the hell is wrong with you, please put the pipe down! You live in NJ, you'd be a fool to not go with Turbotrix.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAD TO ASK...... LOL.. ALL I CAN SAY IS JESTR. YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK. He is the MAN!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been to alot of shops...all I can say is don't go to a tuner that doesn't have access to a dyno (load based dyno preferable). You want to know that your car is actually making more power. Without a dyno sheet, its just guess work. I have also heard that Jester is the shizzle.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

there are several different types of flashes. each tuner has a way of making power in their own way. dynoflash makes power different than TurboTrix, WORKS makes power different than Vishnu, etc. they all make the same thing as an end result, however getting there is different.

like it was stated before, it is personal preference. the power curve for WORKS is a smooth curve and leaves some power on the table for safety margin. Dynoflash may make more power at PEAK values, but give you a shorter powerband. follow me??

there are several different tuners on here-you just have to pick one and go with there mods for the flash. WORKS for example, gives you free reflashes for life IF you purchase their parts for the flash. im sure there are others as well, just no highly advertised.

good luck
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badhabit90
there are several different types of flashes. each tuner has a way of making power in their own way. dynoflash makes power different than TurboTrix, WORKS makes power different than Vishnu, etc. they all make the same thing as an end result, however getting there is different.

like it was stated before, it is personal preference. the power curve for WORKS is a smooth curve and leaves some power on the table for safety margin. Dynoflash may make more power at PEAK values, but give you a shorter powerband. follow me??

there are several different tuners on here-you just have to pick one and go with there mods for the flash. WORKS for example, gives you free reflashes for life IF you purchase their parts for the flash. im sure there are others as well, just no highly advertised.

good luck
I don't know... My curve from DynoFlash is pretty fu(kin smooth! I posted up my dyno sheet from Buschur's in the dynoflash forum after the shoot out if anyone would like to check it out.
I would get another flash from Al in a heartbeat when it's time for an update.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

If I were you, I would go to a reputable shop close or near by where you live for a custom tune/flash.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
I've been to alot of shops...all I can say is don't go to a tuner that doesn't have access to a dyno (load based dyno preferable). You want to know that your car is actually making more power. Without a dyno sheet, its just guess work. I have also heard that Jester is the shizzle.
Unfortunately, this is backwards. You think the dyno, which is not real and only simulating road conditions, is the end-all to proving your tune is good when it should be the track that tells the tale. Any tuner can pull out huge numbers while tuning on a dyno, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best tune on the street. You say that without a dynosheet, it's guesswork. Well, I say that my 12.26@110 at the track after a base Dynoflash without even touching a dyno is far more proof than a high (or low) dyno number. Plus, if you consider Jestr the shizzle, then consider the fact that he doesn't have a dyno...kinda contradictory, no? Food for thought...

OP, there's no way anyone can answer this question. It's way too broad, and you didn't bother to do any homework first. Shame...