Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What makes more sense keeping the evo or selling it

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=EVOIX4me]
Originally Posted by saywhen
It is hard to enjoy a car you can't afford to drive. Sell the car buy a cheap reliable car and save for the X. You would not be asking if money wasn't an issue.[/QUOTE

I work on commision so its up and down alot
How much money do you have left to pay the car off?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Refinance the loan with someone else if you haven't missed a payment. After 18 months, you shouldve began to build up some sort of credit. Try a credit union.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:35 PM

Just remember....not having a car payment is SUCH a relief. IT really is a good feeling. Cars will come and go. Your credit rating is a different story.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can afford,go for it.It's your car,not other people car,just ignore them.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
mot
Evolved Member

i will never sell my evo
not because i like it a lot
but because ive put so much money into the thing since i bought it in june
that it would never be worth it for me to sell it
for a car that cost me 26otd ive put half of that into it already i would see it as just a waste of money for me to sell it
at this point after i finish my turbo set up
all of my money is going to go into paying it off
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

it all depends on what you want out of life. but like most car enthusiasts you would most likely regret getting rid of it.. but you need to refinance it through another company and get a better rate. shop around. that was the rate i paid on my first car i ever bought and it was insane to pay that much, but with no credit to speak of i had to do what i had to do.. if you get into a honda after your evo your going to have evo envy for sure.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOIX4me
Or get a car cash and save my extra 1,000 a month and maybe get a house
There is absolutely no question or possible way to say that buying a house is a bad idea if you can afford it. A house maintains or grows in value, while a car's value drops daily until it's NIL (certain classics/collectors excluded).

Having put down 6000, paying 680 @ 13.9 is a tricky situation, because those are really rough terms... in fact, I'd never even consider that. If you are going to keep the car, going to a bank or credit union and seeing what they'd offer you to refinance it would be a good course of action. My evo is paid, but initially I set up a loan with my credit union @ 3.9%. I'm not saying you'd get that, but they'd definitely beat out 13.9%, which is ROBBERY! The fact that you've sunk over $20k and still owe $25k on a $30k car lays that out clearly.

The best course of action would be the one that makes you most comfortable financially. Forget what people are saying about "if you love the car..." it's not worth getting into deeper financial stress over it. It's just not. The hardest thing to do is only buy things you can pay for immediately, and some things you just can't, like a house. But a car isn't something you should struggle over. If you are in the position to get a car that you like, and pay cash for it, then do it. There are other ways to rebuild your credit than keep pouring money into the Evo pit.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

I would re finance the car. If you have that high of a beacon score, and you have a few years of credit history you should be able to get welll below that rate. Point and case, im 20, had credit since i was 18, the wrx, evo, and R32 were all financed at less than 5% interest. It's alot better to seek out your own finance option before you by, that way you arent at the mercy of the dealer. 6k down and almost 700 bones a month???????? My friend pays what you pay w/ about the same amount down on his IS350 which was in the 54K range i think. Plz stop throwing your money away, the Evo is a great car, but if your stuckw / that kind of interest rate, id drive some a hell of a lot cheaper. Your money would be better spent else where.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

i would not get a civic and do the k20 thing unless your car is a garage queen. i got rid of my type-R civic HB to get the evo mainly b/c i was so paranoid of it getting stolen every moment that i was not driving it.

if i were you, i'd probably sell the evo (since your APR and monthly payments are insane) and get a car to just drive around. either way, you're assed out of a large amount of payments you've made.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

You have severl nice options for less expensive cars. Stealth? 3000GT VR4? RX-7? Lots of fast, fast cars in the cheap used car class. IM going to get an Evo IX to replace the R32 probably, then at a later date, pick up a RX-7 since they are just sexy as hell and affordable... She will be the autox ****!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Trade it in! Its just a car, its not worth everything!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Dude I dont want to sound harsh but you really have to grow up. It sounds like you spent more than you can afford. Now if you do decide to get a civic and do a k20 swap you will be spending even more cash plus the hit you will take from trading in a year old car. Sell the car, pay down whatever debt you may have, and save your pennies. Buy a sensible used cheap car and get a house. You have a wife, act like a husband and stop indulging yourself.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
How old are you? I had the EXACT same interest rate on my Evo and I'm twenty. Let me guess, they financed you through MMCA(Mitsubishi Motor Credit Association) or w/e. These people ROB people, man.

No one forced you to buy the car or sign the paperwork. I find it laughable that you guys act like Mitsu pulled one over on you when you VOLUNTARILY AND THROUGH YOUR OWN DOING got yourself into that mess. Can you really blame Mitsu for financing at 13.9% if suckers like you are willing to accept it? At the least - you could have shopped around for a different lender.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yodobashi
No one forced you to buy the car or sign the paperwork. I find it laughable that you guys act like Mitsu pulled one over on you when you VOLUNTARILY AND THROUGH YOUR OWN DOING got yourself into that mess. Can you really blame Mitsu for financing at 13.9% if suckers like you are willing to accept it? At the least - you could have shopped around for a different lender.
You're right. That's why I'm not a "sucker" and don't own a Mitsubishi anymore. Between the warranty problems, the quality of the vehicle, and their finance company, anyone who walks in that door( including you, if you have an Evo ), is just as much of a sucker as I am. I did shop for a different lender, actually, I went to Capitalone, as well as several others. They all accepted me for much lower interest rates. But mitsubishi wanted to use their creditor, they wouldn't let me use a different bank. But yes, I was stupid enough to sign the paper, and smart enough to get out from under it within TEN months.

Last edited by Varrius; Nov 15, 2006 at 07:02 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Part out the car and sell it, u mentioned getting a house??? U also mentioned u are married? So do u live at home w parents still??? Or just want a bigger place. Priorities need to be placed u already thinking in throwing money into another car. I say invest ur money wisely and those 4 or 5k u are going 2 spend do it on cc or something 2 fix ur credit.

U'll miss the evo 4sure but later on when u are better off u can get another one. 13% is a killer on any car.

Gl

Quick Reply: What makes more sense keeping the evo or selling it