Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to here that ! I think the SpeedElement should refund you money now, not wait for the Fedex ! Thats why I only want to buy the JDM bumper from local vendor, so I can pick it up myself,even with a bit more money than other vendor !!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

YUR...

We've already send a check out to you on monday. ($699) Refund to you.
Your bumper is the first bumper that got damaged. We've send out over 100 JDM Rear bumpers. We always double pack the bumper before it gets send out.

Hope you'll get another bumper w/o any damage.

Thanks
Devin
SpeedElement
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn bro, sorry to hear about that. it seems like once something f*cks up it takes many attempts from yourself to make it right

oh and this quote from you made me laugh so hard!!

"So i look at the box and its like it was dropped from a plane and rolled down a mountain before being run over by a tank."
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:00 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
YUR...

Your bumper is the first bumper that got damaged. We've send out over 100 JDM Rear bumpers. We always double pack the bumper before it gets send out.

Thanks
Devin
SpeedElement
Thank you. I will let you know as soon as i receive it. So far nothing yet. I dont want to be rude but as a suggestion - keep a cash buffer so that you can refund customers when they dont get their items or when they refuse delivery due to damage and not make them wait until you get paid by the shipping company. It sure would make things smoother. I ordered a custom crash beam from a member of this forum and it arrived 1 day late. The seller refunded my shipping charges right away and that sure left a positive impression on me.

No response from Gruppe-S yet but i am keeping my fingers crossed that its not going to take a month to get a refund or replacement.

Thanks everyone, it sure sucks but its good to hear you feel my pain.

Last edited by Yur; Nov 15, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

I hate UPS. It is by far the worst company to deal with, and they will try to penetrate you without lube as much as humanly possible.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Juice33
I hate UPS. It is by far the worst company to deal with, and they will try to penetrate you without lube as much as humanly possible.

+ 1....

my uncle has worked for UPS for over 25 years, he said the people who load/unload the trucks dont care about the boxes at all and that he sees them kick, throw and mess around with the the boxes in the wherehouse and can care less about them..

this is why i try to avoid using ups at all costs, not to mention there way over priced on there shipping rates...
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

YUR...

Thanks
Devin
SpeedElement

At least this vendor had the decency to come on and post in this thread. It may not be much, but it speaks volumes when vendors DO NOT post in threads after any said situation they are involved in.

Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yur
Thank you. I will let you know as soon as i receive it. So far nothing yet. I dont want to be rude but as a suggestion - keep a cash buffer so that you can refund customers when they dont get their items or when they refuse delivery due to damage and not make them wait until you get paid by the shipping company. It sure would make things smoother. I ordered a custom crash beam from a member of this forum and it arrived 1 day late. The seller refunded my shipping charges right away and that sure left a positive impression on me.

No response from Gruppe-S yet but i am keeping my fingers crossed that its not going to take a month to get a refund or replacement.
Hello Yur,

No problem. But like i have stated in the pm many times. The bumper is damaged by FedEx, and we were merely helping you to get the refund thru FedEx for you. FedEx is the one issuing a refund, not us!! We did not damage the bumper and cannot issue a refund until FedEx issue a refund. Again, Sorry if this has caused a lot of inconvinience for you. But sadly, this is the standard proccedure as FedEx needs to receive and inspect the damage product before handing out a check. This is "clearly" stated in FedEx's website (5-7 business days). IF we sent you a damaged product while the packaging was intact, then yes, we would have to refund you right away but clearly this was not the case.

In this event, FedEx gladly issued a refund a check last week and it took them about 3-4 days to get here (11/13/06) and we immediately sent the check to you on that same day. Please look for it in the mail box.

Also keep in mind, accidents like this do happen, but its not shipper's responsibility to file a claim against shipping carrier. It is customers' responsibility to check on all pacakges before accepting (which you did ) and if there's damages, customer would need to file a claim against the carrier and we will assist you to file that claim. This will definitely make the refund procedure much faster as FedEx would send you a refund check directly to you instead to us (3rd party). This is clearly stated in both of our websites under company policy (on our website www.speedelement.com and www.mpjperformance.com). In this incident, I do not think we have any wrong doing on our end as the product was sent out in mint condition w/ extra packaging reinforced outside to protect actual bumper box.

Cheers

Calvin

Last edited by Speed Element; Nov 15, 2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Bah thats why for this type of stuff best thing is to pick that **** up
Old Nov 15, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Juice33

I work for UPS and this is the best quote ever. Going in the sig for sure.

I feel for you about this. I see this kind of stuff all too often. Also, just an FYI for anyone reading this that ships UPS, be sure you have your **** packed to "their specifications", otherwise they won't pay, even with insuracne. I would use at least 2-inches of quality paking material and be sure the "edge crush test" strength of the box is like 200 lbs/in., you can tell by the seal that is found on all cardbard boxes. Good luck bro!

-Will
Old Nov 15, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admin Alumni

I almost ordered the same thing from this vendor. I may think a bit more before I do. Sounds like a freak accident, they have a good rep, but that's a lot of $$$ to be fighting for. I don't know, but it may have gone better if the vendor just refunded the $$ and fought FedEX for their reimbursement on your behalf, or something along those lines. It would have made their job harder, but your life easier. Just my 0.02.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Damn man, sorry to hear about this nightmare. Isn't there a place in Jersey where we can pick one up locally? I plan to get one too but i was worried about shipping issues....
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SASD209
I almost ordered the same thing from this vendor. I may think a bit more before I do. Sounds like a freak accident, they have a good rep, but that's a lot of $$$ to be fighting for. I don't know, but it may have gone better if the vendor just refunded the $$ and fought FedEX for their reimbursement on your behalf, or something along those lines. It would have made their job harder, but your life easier. Just my 0.02.
We do understand taking care of customers is our #1 goal. In this case, like i have mentioned in the above statement, we did the best we could to help the customer to get his money back. But without knowing what FedEx would say before they assess the damage. We could not issue refunds right away. They are the carrier for the leg work. So in an event like this, they are the responsible party. As for packaging. We did the best we could to package the bumper throuoghly w/ extra packaging and reinforcement outside the original packing. But FedEx dropped the ball and damaged the bumper during shipping regardless. With that said, to have FedEx reimburse the damage, their proccedure is to pick up the damaged goods and inspect the damages themselves before determining whether a refund is viable (which takes 5-7 business days after they receive the package. www.fedex.com).

We just thought that customer should have been a bit more patient due to the fact the communications were established when the bumper was damaged, and I actually talked to him via PM on monday in regards to his refund was being mail out that day (11/13/06).

Cheers

Calvin
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Hello Yur,

No problem. But like i have stated in the pm many times. The bumper is damaged by FedEx, and we were merely helping you to get the refund thru FedEx for you. FedEx is the one issuing a refund, not us!! We did not damage the bumper and cannot issue a refund until FedEx issue a refund. Again, Sorry if this has caused a lot of inconvinience for you. But sadly, this is the standard proccedure as FedEx needs to receive and inspect the damage product before handing out a check. This is "clearly" stated in FedEx's website (5-7 business days). IF we sent you a damaged product while the packaging was intact, then yes, we would have to refund you right away but clearly this was not the case.

In this event, FedEx gladly issued a refund a check last week and it took them about 3-4 days to get here (11/13/06) and we immediately sent the check to you on that same day. Please look for it in the mail box.

Also keep in mind, accidents like this do happen, but its not shipper's responsibility to file a claim against shipping carrier. It is customers' responsibility to check on all pacakges before accepting (which you did ) and if there's damages, customer would need to file a claim against the carrier and we will assist you to file that claim. This will definitely make the refund procedure much faster as FedEx would send you a refund check directly to you instead to us (3rd party). This is clearly stated in both of our websites under company policy (on our website www.speedelement.com and www.mpjperformance.com). In this incident, I do not think we have any wrong doing on our end as the product was sent out in mint condition w/ extra packaging reinforced outside to protect actual bumper box.

Cheers

Calvin

With all due respect when in order from a merchant, no matter what it is that i order, if it arrives damaged i simply call up the merchant and the merchant offers a refund. No exceptions. I dont know of a single store that you order from which would tell you that its your responsibility to settle with the shipping company. On top of that, i ordered based on a thread on this forum and not through your site so i never saw any statements regarding shipping policies. If you have any such statements, please include them in the sales thread.

Bottom line is this: i know you did not kill the package but you are a merchant and people buy from you. When people buy from you they expect service from you. I did not pay FedEx nor did i ship the package. I paid for a product. For this reason you simply cant say that its my job to settle with FexEx. I paid money for a product which i did not get. I paid you and not somebody else. This is how things work. I go to a store and buy something, i come home and discover that its missing parts or is DOA. I go back to the store and they provide the refund. Not the company that made the product. Why? Because i paid them so they take on the responsibility.

I think this is something many vendors here dont understand. You simply cant register a company, hire a few guys and call it a business. Now, please, dont take this personal, i am not talking about you or anyone specific. I am simply saying that if someone wants to be selling products to the general public they should honor the basic commerce rules already established.

In my specific case i provided photos. The FedEx guy was present and was witness to the damage. I called FedEx and you guys and did all i could. Even FexEx told me themselves - this is between them and the sender. I simply could not even file a claim. This is how it works when one person purchases something to be shipped to him - its between the seller and the shipping company since its the seller that employs the services of the shipping company and not the buyer. So the buyer does not have to deal with anyone except the seller. Same with UPS by the way, they clearly stated that i cant even claim anything. The product goes back to the seller and its up to the seller to provide a refund to me. I think you need to revise the terms you have on your site. I have not seen them, again because i purchased based on an ad on this forum, but from what you are saying they cant be applied given the situation. I have not chosen the carrier and i have not chosen the method of shipping. I did not pack the package and i did not pay the carrier for shipping. How can it be my job to settle damages with them?I know this adds to the amount of work you need to do but that goes with the territory. The consumer only needs to do two things: pay for a product and smile when it arrives.

I am not creating an argument. I am simply saying that in this particular case you are wrong. I have nothing to do with FexEx and even FexEx would not let me into the process. All i was told is "contact the seller and they should refund you".

We just thought that customer should have been a bit more patient due to the fact the communications were established when the bumper was damaged, and I actually talked to him via PM on monday in regards to his refund was being mail out that day (11/13/06).
I am sorry but you only mention part of the story. I did not want to go into details and as you know i tried communicating via PM. I started this thread becuase of the second bumer damage and focused the thread's attention on that. If you insist on providing concrete dates - Package damage was reported to you and you saw the photos and responded on the 25th of last noth. A return authorization number was issued by FedEx the same day. By the 28th the package was already picked up by FexEx. I did not even ask for a refund until that time as i wanted to make sure that you guys are covered as well and wanted FedEx to pick up the damaged package. By Nov 3rd when i did ask about the refund i was told that you guys are all at SEMA and that you would send out the payment by Monday (the 6th). I cant say i was happy but still, i calmly accepted your word. I asked about the refund again on the 13th - thats a week after you promissed to send out a refund. You told me that you did not send it out on the 6th as you said you would as you waited for the actual refund check from FedEx and now you would send out the refund to me. So i waited for a refund from the 28th until now and i still dont have it. Let me ask you this question: why were you waiting for the check from FexEx? Lets say their check got lost in the mail. Even worse, lets say that they told you they would not give you a refund because you did not pack everything correctly or any other reason. Would you refuse to give a refund to me? If not - why wait for the check from FexEx anyway?

Last edited by Yur; Nov 15, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:51 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not good, Speed Element, not good.

Quick Reply: Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!