Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude i feel ur pain i ordered $2000.00 worth of parts from japanparts.com. usps dropped my **** off in a plastic garbage bag! everything was f'ed up! but i was able to salvage most of the parts and a complete refund .
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

This should be locked.

Is there a forum where I can complain AT&T they are awlful.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Your suit is black....NOT.

I've always been scared to order things. I've seen things get wrecked and then refunds dropped like nothing ever happened. Damn you postal service!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Yur,

Like I said, I understood your position. And lets just move forward. I did what I could to help you and got you a refund. And a check was already sent to you on Monday right after we receieve the refund check from FedEx claim dept (from GA). During the time when we were at SEMA, the check was never issued to us as promised. I had to call FedEx to find out what was going on after we came back. And they said they were sending it out however they could not give me an exact answer of when we will receive the refund in full. But thats another story. I do have a proof of a FedEx claim papers/documents and refund package including mail receipt dated here (took them a week from GA to get to me in CA). So I hope you can understand my position as I am merely protecting our company's interests and at the same time tried to resolve this issues w/ Fedex in a timely manner and to issue you a refund.

regards,

Calvin

Last edited by Speed Element; Nov 15, 2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

at least speed element stepped up and took care of the issues.

now lets see the other vendor will do the same???
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Sucks this happened man! In regards to Speed Element ive heard nothing but good things about them both on this forum and NorCalEvo. Im moving out that way and have done alot of research on shops to get tuned and do business with and they are the one im looking at the most. As far as Gruppe-S this seems to be a fairly common thing with them. Ive seen threads like this before about the same bumper. Sorry again mate and good luck and i hope you get your bumper soon!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Sometimes people don't understand when dealing with vendors on this site. These vendors are not multi million dollar companies, and a loss or stolen goods is not really calculated in to their business. Returning something that was DOA to a store like Best Buy do you really think it is really putting a dent on their profits. They probably paid like $25 for the item they just sold to you for like $75. The sheer volume of what they buy cannot be even compared to a vendor like Speed Element buying some JDM bumpers from Mitsubishi. What is their profit on them $100 give or take a few for a bumper they probably bought for 600.(I might be wrong on the profit but it is no killing) But all that matters that in the end the vendor took care of the problem and you got your money back. I have dealt with worse and the money you got back is pennies compared to my lost. So just be glad the vendor took care of you.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SR20DE-T
Sometimes people don't understand when dealing with vendors on this site. These vendors are not multi million dollar companies, and a loss or stolen goods is not really calculated in to their business. Returning something that was DOA to a store like Best Buy do you really think it is really putting a dent on their profits. They probably paid like $25 for the item they just sold to you for like $75. The sheer volume of what they buy cannot be even compared to a vendor like Speed Element buying some JDM bumpers from Mitsubishi. What is their profit on them $100 give or take a few for a bumper they probably bought for 600.(I might be wrong on the profit but it is no killing) But all that matters that in the end the vendor took care of the problem and you got your money back. I have dealt with worse and the money you got back is pennies compared to my lost. So just be glad the vendor took care of you.
which goes right along the lines of that he said earlier

[QUOTE]I think this is something many vendors here dont understand. You simply cant register a company, hire a few guys and call it a business. Now, please, dont take this personal, i am not talking about you or anyone specific. I am simply saying that if someone wants to be selling products to the general public they should honor the basic commerce rules already established.[/QUOT E]

and Calvin STILL did not answer three very important questions

Let me ask you this question: why were you waiting for the check from FexEx? Lets say their check got lost in the mail. Even worse, lets say that they told you they would not give you a refund because you did not pack everything correctly or any other reason. Would you refuse to give a refund to me? If not - why wait for the check from FexEx anyway?
Calvin's last reply was just the same excuse over again.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RuckerPark
at least speed element stepped up and took care of the issues.

now lets see the other vendor will do the same???

Yeah they should check all the forums and make sure to defend themselves, and not try to work on cars and run a business.

I wonder if they were even sent a PM directing them to this thread, I hope so.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
With all due respect when in order from a merchant, no matter what it is that i order, if it arrives damaged i simply call up the merchant and the merchant offers a refund. No exceptions. I dont know of a single store that you order from which would tell you that its your responsibility to settle with the shipping company.
Amen Brother. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Don't ever let any company/vendor ever tell you that the refund process is between you and the shipping company. It is and always will be between the shipper and the shipping company. They are the ones that issue the insurance on your package through their account. It's just an excuse to delay your refund if they tell you it's between you and the shipping company. Don't ever fall for it.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tysonK
Yeah they should check all the forums and make sure to defend themselves, and not try to work on cars and run a business.

I wonder if they were even sent a PM directing them to this thread, I hope so.
not sure what you are trying to imply. AFAIK, EVOs and Subarus are what these guys specialize. Speed Element came thru and got the money and refunded the guy, and thats that. However not sure why the "other" vendor hasn't chime in yet. And as far as I know Speed Element is a small operation w/ 5 employees.

Last edited by RuckerPark; Nov 16, 2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=elhalisf]which goes right along the lines of that he said earlier

I think this is something many vendors here dont understand. You simply cant register a company, hire a few guys and call it a business. Now, please, dont take this personal, i am not talking about you or anyone specific. I am simply saying that if someone wants to be selling products to the general public they should honor the basic commerce rules already established.[/QUOT E]

and Calvin STILL did not answer three very important questions

Calvin's last reply was just the same excuse over again.
you guys can slam me all you want. I did the best I could to take care of this issue. I am not trying to take something thats not rightfully belong to my company. never once did i try to deceive and cheat on my customers. I believe my repuation on this forum speaks for itself, dating back when i used to worked at gxxxx-s.

Now I have to come and defend myself in regards to why such a delay. Ok

The reason for the delay was we had to wait for FedEx's claim confirmation number to arrive in fax, which it took a few days right after we filed a claim online.
Then a call-tag confirmation number was made thru Fedex pick-up dept (in case you didn't know there are more involved then just file a claim), so they could pick up the damged bumper and get it sent to their claim dept for review. And regrettably we had to wait til FedEx claim dept to receive the damage product and wait for their report before we can issue an actual refund.

I have always been up front and trying to give my customers the best service possible. In this event, I WAS already prepared to refund in full amount regardless of how much FedEx would refund us. The bumper was insured in exact $699 as of what customer had paid. So that would be the actual amount need to refunded. No doubt about it. I dont' think I owe anyone an explanation on this simply because this is just ethical and logical for running a business.

Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:00 AM

oh..crap!!!just ordered a jdm 9 bumper..didn't even ask them to put a FRAGILE SIGN on the box..
pray for me...

Last edited by littledarkman; Nov 16, 2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Faust
...It is and always will be between the shipper and the shipping company. They are the ones that issue the insurance on your package through their account...
That is TRUE! It happend to me with another vendor (the package was damaged and one item was missing), and I immidiately received a full refund. The shipper took up the issue with the shipping company.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

damn thats ****ty.

Quick Reply: Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!