Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:16 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calvin, its cool man, i just wanted to clear things up since you posted that i should have given it more time and so on. Today is the 16th and i still dont have anything. You mentioned on the 13th that you would send it priority. Is there a tracking number?

I agree, lets move forward but i am just simply asking you and other vendors to clearly state all conditions in your sales threads. What is your refund turn-around time in such cases and so on.

Thank you for taking care of this issue with FedEx. To be honest, i would never do any business with any seller that required me to agree to take the responsiblity of handling shipping issues myself. In addition, both FexEx and UPS do not even want to talk to buyers as i already explained. So any seller that puts the customer in a position where the customer needs to deal with the shipping company in terms of refunds puts the customer in a tight spot where he/she cant get anything from the seller and at the same time cant get anything from the shipper. In other words if your products gets damaged in shipping you are just screwed. You dont have to be a million dollar company to understand that this is not something your customers will be happy with. Any person that reads your policy and finds out that the buyer is responsible for everything that happens when the product leaves your door will simply not buy the product.

Once again, thank you for stepping up and posting here as well as stepping up to your responsibilities and taking care of the FedEx screwup. Its good to know that you guys do take care of your customers in the end. I hope that this is not an exception and you will not force shipping responsibilities on your customers or withhold refunds in the future. I have not seen what is "clearly stated" on your site, again since i bought from a thread but if you have any statements placing responsibility on the customer, i would revise those statements.

Now if only i got a response from Guppe-S...

Last edited by Yur; Nov 16, 2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
Hello Yur,

Like I said, I understood your position. And lets just move forward. I did what I could to help you and got you a refund. And a check was already sent to you on Monday right after we receieve the refund check from FedEx claim dept (from GA). During the time when we were at SEMA, the check was never issued to us as promised. I had to call FedEx to find out what was going on after we came back. And they said they were sending it out however they could not give me an exact answer of when we will receive the refund in full. But thats another story. I do have a proof of a FedEx claim papers/documents and refund package including mail receipt dated here (took them a week from GA to get to me in CA). So I hope you can understand my position as I am merely protecting our company's interests and at the same time tried to resolve this issues w/ Fedex in a timely manner and to issue you a refund.

regards,

Calvin
SpeedElement (and other merchants),

The refund due to your customer is independent of your claim with the shipping company, since the customer has nothing with the process. You should have refunded his money, once you received the part from the shipping company to verify it was damaged due to the shipper. As a merchant you don't have the right to leverage (withhold) the refund against the outcome of your claim with the shipper. Example, shipper deny the claim because the item was poorly packaged from the merchant (you). Does this mean your customer is denied his refund? Of course not. You can get sued and you will lose the case.

Bottomline, take care of your customers and they will buy from you again, and they will also spread the good word about you. In the end, you will make considerably more money. Trying to withhold (or leverage against the shipper) your customers rightful refund, is just wrong.

SSE

Last edited by South Side Evo; Nov 16, 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:19 AM
mot
Evolved Member

i feel your pain buddy lets not turn this into a blame game he got his money
but i DEF feel your pain it sucks but its life only garauntee is if you take the trip cross country to picky our parts up from now on
haha
good luck
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:22 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mot
i feel your pain buddy lets not turn this into a blame game he got his money
but i DEF feel your pain it sucks but its life only garauntee is if you take the trip cross country to picky our parts up from now on
haha
good luck
... well, i did not get the money yet lol but its cool, if SpeedElement sent the check out already its ok, i will wait.

Last edited by Yur; Nov 16, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:34 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

UPDATE

Spoke to Greg at Gruppe-S and he told me that my credit card will be refunded in full as soon as they are contacted by UPS. No need to wait for anything. UPS contacts them and i get a refund on my card. Perfect. Thanks Gruppe-S!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool glad everything worked ok now.

cheers
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

WOW! thats rough!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Another update:

UPS screwed up again. They told me the inspector would look at the package and that a claim has already been created. Instead, now i find out that the morons sent the package back to Guppe-S and that it is now their responsibility to schedule a UPS inspection and open the complaint. SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH UPS. This means Guppe-S will get the package on the 22nd and god knows how long it will take for UPS to inspect it from that point on. I just hope Gruppe-S dont want for the stupid UPS morons and just refund me when they get it.

By the way, here is the whole documented story - check UPS tracking number 1ZXR38544291236995

Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
Another update:

UPS screwed up again. They told me the inspector would look at the package and that a claim has already been created. Instead, now i find out that the morons sent the package back to Guppe-S and that it is now their responsibility to schedule a UPS inspection and open the complaint. SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH UPS. This means Guppe-S will get the package on the 22nd and god knows how long it will take for UPS to inspect it from that point on. I just hope Gruppe-S dont want for the stupid UPS morons and just refund me when they get it.

By the way, here is the whole documented story - check UPS tracking number 1ZXR38544291236995

In all honesty I would take the time to file a claim with the BBB... This way you will force UPS to supply a official response to everything thats been going on = costing UPS money... Trust me there a hundreds of people like you that have. Also they are a member of BBB which means that they have to conform to all of BBBs policies...
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
mot
Evolved Member

dude thats what they did to my wheels
they ship it back to the sender then they F\/CK around for 8 days and who knows when youll get a refund
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

That sucks man. Shipping companies dont give a crap about packages and just throw stuff around.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

wow it sound like a long journey of what happened to the package. I can feel the pain of waiting. I can't even wait for couple days if my package is delay.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn.. thats some serious crap UPS is pulling.

Fortunately I live extremely close to Gruppe-s so pick for parts isn't an issue here.

Wish you the best of luck getting UPS sorted out
Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

UPS is terrible. I had three packages lost last Christmas. They were gifts for other people, so this bothered me exponentially more than it would have if it was just something I ordered for myself. One of the packages was being sent from one side of Raleigh to the other (maybe 20 miles)!!

UPS's excuse when I called to complain about the THIRD lost package:

"Well, during the holidays we have to hire a lot of temporary drivers and they lose a lot of packages"

My jaw dropped to the floor when I heard this comment from the UPS rep. I went off and demanded to speak with a manager. I was denied and was told to sit tight and wait for my refund. I made it quite clear that these were CHRISTMAS GIFTS for other people and that I was NOT pleased!!

I had to take more money out of my own pocket to purchase new gifts and sent them via DHL while I waited for two months on refunds from UPS.

Needless to say, I will never ship via UPS again! I use DHL now.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
you guys can slam me all you want. I did the best I could to take care of this issue. I am not trying to take something thats not rightfully belong to my company. never once did i try to deceive and cheat on my customers. I believe my repuation on this forum speaks for itself, dating back when i used to worked at gxxxx-s.

Now I have to come and defend myself in regards to why such a delay. Ok

The reason for the delay was we had to wait for FedEx's claim confirmation number to arrive in fax, which it took a few days right after we filed a claim online.
Then a call-tag confirmation number was made thru Fedex pick-up dept (in case you didn't know there are more involved then just file a claim), so they could pick up the damged bumper and get it sent to their claim dept for review. And regrettably we had to wait til FedEx claim dept to receive the damage product and wait for their report before we can issue an actual refund.

I have always been up front and trying to give my customers the best service possible. In this event, I WAS already prepared to refund in full amount regardless of how much FedEx would refund us. The bumper was insured in exact $699 as of what customer had paid. So that would be the actual amount need to refunded. No doubt about it. I dont' think I owe anyone an explanation on this simply because this is just ethical and logical for running a business.

i know you have a good reputation and i was never doubting that. when i said
"Calvin's last reply was just the same excuse over again. " you where giving excuses as to why it took YOU so long to get the fedex claims check. What Yur seems to question is store POLICY in handling damaged packages, not your hard work in trying to get the issue resolved.
In my opinion, you where supposed to refund him the money as soon as you received the bumper back.
i know how a damaged claim package works, and i know how lengthy it can be, but since i chose that company to ship the box, i should be put through the hassles (not ony the work of filing the claim, but also waiting for the claims check) of getting the money back.

Quick Reply: Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!