Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:41 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!

A while ago i ordered a JDM rear from SpeedElement. The bumper was shipped via FedEx and was badly damaged in transit. FedEx took the bumper and issued a refund to SpeedElement (i have not received a refund yet by the way). Needless to say i was upset. I was waiting for it for a while and since SpeedElement had no more in stock i was out of luck. No bumper and no refund. So i went looking around and ordered another bumper from Gruppe-S. I ask the guys at Gruppe-S to make sure the package is well padded and that they put "fragile" and "handle with care" on the box since i already had the horror with the previous bumper and i would hate to see this one get damages as well. I pay for door to door shipping on top of the advertised bumper price which included bus delivery. I was going on a trip and we scheduled delivery via UPS for the 13th.

On the 13th i was very excited and was waiting all day for delivery. At about 5pm Eastern i decided to check the tracking info since nobody was delivering anything. So i go online and i see this:

11/13/2006 10:31 A.M. THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

11/13/2006 9:21 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

11/13/2006 8:54 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS

11/13/2006 1:16 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN PARSIPPANY
11/12/2006 5:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN PARSIPPANY
11/11/2006 11:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN OAKLAND,
11/06/2006 11:10 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/06/2006 10:59 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
11/06/2006 9:01 P.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
11/06/2006 4:41 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
11/04/2006 7:07 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

So i call UPS and as them what the hell does "THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED" mean since i never received the package nor had i called in to schedule any future delivery. I was waiting at home like an idiot all day and nobody even cared to notify me of any problem.

The UPS lady tells me that it does seem strange and that whats even more strange is that there is the "THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT" entry BEFORE the "OUT FOR DELIVERY" entry. She tells me that what this all means probably (and i stress that she does not know wtf is going on here) that someone at the local center saw damage and put the package on hold for inspection. I request more info and she tells me that i will get a call from the local center within an hour.

Several hours later - no call. So the next morning (9:30 am on the 14th) i call UPS again. I again have to go through the same crap of explaining everything and i am again told that someone from the local center will call me within the hour. This time someone does call. That person tells me the following:

"Sir, the package was reported damaged by the driver who also marked it to be placed on hold. It never went out on the truck (Although there is an "OUT FOR DELIVERY" scan) and is waiting for the inspector to take a look at it." So i ask her what my course of action should be and she tells me "Sir, the package is being held and as soon as the inspector looks at it he will give you call. The package will not go out without your approval since you have to talk to the inspector". So i say ok, i will wait for his call.

At about 4:30 in the afternoon my doorbell rings and its the UPS guy. No inspector call but there is the UPS guy. As soon as i open my mouth he tells me "Look, before you even take a look at the package i must tell you that i did not want to put it on my truck. I told them (the local office) that there is no way the customer is taking delivery of this package since it is so badly damaged but they (the local office) told me to "just put some tape on it" and forced me to attempt to deliver it". So i look at the box and its like it was dropped from a plane and rolled down a mountain before being run over by a tank. Through the many holes in the box i could see the paint being scratched and chipped off the exposed bumper. The whole thing is twisted badly as well. (No "fragile" or "handle with care" markings that i asked for and no additional padding. I guess the guys at Gruppe-S forgot about that but at this point i dont even want to go into that) I say "WTF?". I tell the guy that i spoke to the office and was expecting the inspector to call but instead i get a damaged package. Keep in mind that it was marked as damaged the day before by UPS themselves. So the UPS guy tells me to refuse the package and call UPS again. So i do exactly that, i refuse to sign for it and he takes it away.

So i get back on the phone with UPS. I explain everything again and demand an explanation. The UPS lady tells me that since the package was marked as damaged already - there is a claim on it and there is nothing else i can do. I ask to file a complaint and she refuses to give me any info saying that there is a claim on the shipment and its up to the sender now. So there is nothing i can do and the package is going back to the sender. UPS will only discuss this with the sender - thats what she tells me.

So i check back the tracking info and here is what i see in addition to what was already there:

11/14/2006 7:58 P.M. THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED;PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER

11/14/2006 4:26 P.M. THE RECEIVER REFUSED, THE PACKAGE APPEARED TO BE DAMAGED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS
SECAUCUS

THE PACKAGE APPEARED TO BE DAMAGED? WTF?!?!?!?! "APPEARED"? What about this entry the day before: 11/13/2006 8:54 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS ?!?!?!?!

So now i still dont have a refund from the previous FexEx shipment from SpeedElement and i am also out for a nice sum for the purchase from Gruppe-S. After several months i still dont have a JDM bumper. I dont know when i will get one and if anyone has one in stock. I wasted a ton of my time on this bs. UPS clearly led me around, lied to me, attempted to cover up damage and forced the driver to deliver the badly damaged package while telling me it would await the inspector and my approval and in the end kindly told me to go F myself. WTF is wrong with people these days?

I hope i will get a refund from SpeedElement soon and i hope the guys at Gruppe-S make things right. I clearly cant do anything about this from what UPS told me. At this point i am asking Gruppe-S to settle this with UPS so that UPS shells out the money to overnight a replacement bumper. I am honestly tired of spending money and waiting for months without any results. Maybe they (UPS) would take better care of overnight items. It would also be great if the package was marked "fragile" as i asked but i guess you cant have everything.

So beware guys. FedEx and UPS clearly dont give a s@#t, UPS clearly more so. A note to all vendors - please package everything well and please go the extra step and mark your packages, always buy insurance for at least 150% of what the item is worth and take care of your customers.

UPDATE:

Spoke to Greg at Gruppe-S and he told me that my credit card will be refunded in full as soon as they are contacted by UPS. No need to wait for anything. UPS contacts them and i get a refund on my card. Perfect. Thanks Gruppe-S!

Another update:

UPS screwed up again. They told me the inspector would look at the package and that a claim has already been created. Instead, now i find out that the morons sent the package back to Guppe-S and that it is now their responsibility to schedule a UPS inspection and open the complaint. UPS did not even contact them!!! SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH UPS!?!?!? This means Guppe-S will get the package on the 22nd and god knows how long it will take for UPS to inspect it from that point on. I just hope Gruppe-S dont want for the stupid UPS morons and just refund me when they get it.

By the way, here is the whole documented story - check UPS tracking number 1ZXR38544291236995

LATEST UPDATE as of NOV 29: Gruppe-S received the damaged bumper back on the 22nd. I opened a BBB complaint and a UPS rep called me with a million excuses. It is the 29th and Guppe-S still will not give me a refund. They are holding it against their UPS claim and this is very frustrating. Previously Greg at Gruppe-S told me that they would issue the refund as soon as they verify it with UPS that the bumper was damaged. Well they saw it with their own eyes on the 22nd and still nothing. I dont think i am going to deal with small shop vendors ever again.

Last edited by Yur; Nov 29, 2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about the problems. I hope everything gets resolved because I know how it feels.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I hope everything works out for you... Good luck with all of this
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Wow I would be so mad. Good luck with everything, and hope some people make this right.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

man...... THAT SUCKS!!

yeah they should definately put FRAGILE in big bold letters, they stack boxes on top of eachother at UPS/fedex clearly they were playing JENGA in a larger scale
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

wow man... what a pain! hope everything will come thru for you alright man
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:19 AM

sorry to hear that bro....
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

wow thats awful. funny story (in regards to the fell from a plane, rolled down a mountain, and ran over by a tank part)
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:22 AM
Pocket Mo

Wow, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck with your situation and what have the guys at SpeedElement told you about your bumper?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:47 AM

Do you have any update?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lutionDog
Do you have any update?

LMAO, it's been 2 hours.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:23 AM

wow sounds like im not the only one with crappy luck!!!

sucks man good luck with everything though.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn thats a horror story and a half. Do all shipping people at this way?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xLaNcErEvOx
sorry to hear about the problems. I hope everything gets resolved because I know how it feels.
Yea whatever happened with you ix bumper lip you never recieved??
And good luck getting your new bumper man, i've recieved broken crap before and it sucks even more that it happen twice to you....
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Contest both those charges with your credit card company. Both SpeedElement and Gruppe-S has to refund you the full amount. They don't have the right to hold your refund as leverage against their claim with the shipping company.

Quick Reply: Got my JDM bumper... NOT!!!!!!!