Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ClearBra pricing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClearBra pricing

Anyone in the jersey area know of a place who will install the clearbra? I called one place and i was quoted $900. Have half a mind to buy the kit from ebay for 200 and try it myself but i hear thats not the smartest move. The shop of course will not install if i buy on ebay and bring in the the kit paying only for the installation.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:59 AM

I'm down in Monmouth County and I know Euro Car in Red Bank/Shrewsbury has an excellent reputation for doing window tints. I spoke with the owner John a couple of months ago and he said he also does clear bra installations but I don't know how much it would end up costing. You could always try them if it isn't too far a drive.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks man saved me a ton .. $375 installed already gave the deposit ..will be on in a week hopefully. Its not 3M but i think it'll be fine.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:22 PM

i think $599 is the fair price. that s what I charge my customers here in WA.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:21 PM

I am curious to know how it came out. I install them but could not for that price unless you were supplying the film.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

$599 is fair. I paid $550 from Sticker City here in the Los Angeles area. I think I paid slightly less because of the proliferation of clear bra installers--everyone wants a clear bra on their nice ride in L.A. I do not have a 3M bra.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by thebbprock
Thanks man saved me a ton .. $375 installed already gave the deposit ..will be on in a week hopefully. Its not 3M but i think it'll be fine.
That is an absolute steal of a price. I paid $630 for clear sheild and tint and I thought I got a good deal.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

i think 250-350 from what i remember here in Bay Area CA.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Mine was 550 installed, 3m, the guy came to my house and did it in my garage.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

For these prices, are you guys only getting the front half of your fenders and hoods done?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

phew i never knew this stuff was so expensive!

what makes it so damn expensive?!

and would i NEED to get 3m?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:40 PM

The film itself is expensive, but you are also paying for the labor just the same as any other craftsman; plumber, electrician, carpenter. If I drop your bumper film on the ground or tear it, I have to pay to replace it-not just say sorry, too bad.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

up by me its about 500 bucks. most tint guys wont touch it though because its a PITA. it was worded to me from my tint guy "i've laid tint for 17 years and wont do it"

also make sure the car is perfect before you do it, so if its new, go for it.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

look on the 3m site. thats what i did. they have a list of installers by state. the guy is licensed and warrantied by 3m and he came and did it in my garage. 345 and i dropped him like a 30 dollar tip. good guy, got a warranty card and everything. i got about a third of the way up the hood, the whole front end, mirror backs, and a bit on the front of fenders.

btw about the do it yourself kits. my guy said 90 percent of them dont fit right. you cant just cut and pull cuz then it wont line up on the other side. he said if you buy it he will try to put it on but he wont guarantee it like he will his stuff. you get what you pay for.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
up by me its about 500 bucks. most tint guys wont touch it though because its a PITA. it was worded to me from my tint guy "i've laid tint for 17 years and wont do it"

also make sure the car is perfect before you do it, so if its new, go for it.
The guy who installed mine was amazing. He apparently has installed clear bras on Ferrari 430 Cup spec racers and other way more expensive exotics so I figured doing a lowly Evo was a snap for him. He was so good that the owner of the tint shop(if you are in L.A its next to the Al & Ed's on La Cienega Blvd) came by and and was oohing and aahing at how fast he installed. The tint shop owner even told me he would have been way behind where dude was at when he came by if he was doing it. The guy applied it with a mixture of water and alcohol then he used a hypodermic needle to "pull" out small water pockets. He was done in 1.5 hours and he did the whole front end, went up and across the first half of the hood and fenders, the ENTIRE front end--including custom installation of the SE front lip since its new and there isn't a template for it yet. He also did the back of the side mirrors and the first 6-7 inches of the lower rocker panels. He only used 3M on the front lip and the rocker panels since they weren't part of the Evo IX kit. Sticker City uses Venture clear guard, it is clearer than 3M(we examined both simultaneously and the 3M had a yellowish look and more of an orange peel in it) It is simply better than 3M. He was telling me that on all vehicles they had been using 3M--especially white and silver had a slight off-color look where the Venture tape is near invisible. I wish I could show everyone how the bra looks on my GG. It is perfect, and you really need to look carefully to see it. If you live anywhere in L.A., the San Fernando/San Gabriel Valley or OC, I would travel to this place and have it done. You will be so satisfied

Quick Reply: ClearBra pricing