Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

highest monthly payments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 tarmac bought with 12k on it 2 years ago.

Traded an 02 spyder upsidedown in that. they gave me 13k when I owed $15k so my down payment was that $2k to clear my spyder.

I pay $350\Month at 4% for 60 months.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
552 monthly for 60 months at 6%
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
How wonderful! A 17 year old who could not have possibly earned the money, himself, is laughing in the face of those who work their butts off to make ends meet and still drive an Evo.
damn i hate ignorant people as yourself..how do u figure u he didnt? You might be taking a good guess, but its not impossible. i remember i had a buddy in 9th grade(yes...9th grade) who had 22k saved in his account..cuz he would work summer jobs, and bust his *** investing and selling stuff that interested kids at school. Instead of blowing the $, he threw it into his savings. People don't realize nowadays..the youngsters work harder and are sometimes smarter than the "older folks"....idiot.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
damn i hate ignorant people as yourself..how do u figure u he didnt? You might be taking a good guess, but its not impossible. i remember i had a buddy in 9th grade(yes...9th grade) who had 22k saved in his account..cuz he would work summer jobs, and bust his *** investing and selling stuff that interested kids at school. Instead of blowing the $, he threw it into his savings. People don't realize nowadays..the youngsters work harder and are sometimes smarter than the "older folks"....idiot.

and the chances of that situation is about 1 in......millions...... ...i think it would be safe to say that his evo is "alternately funded"

any ways when i had my evo 7k down...418 a month for 60 months...9%
Old Dec 12, 2006, 01:21 PM

I'm paying $363 over 60 months at around 6%.. Traded in a '04 Cooper S for around $17,500
Old Dec 12, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

$ 327
Old Dec 12, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

+1, I knew quite a few people back in high school that had that much money saved up, plus more. They were saving for college though, but easily could have purchased an evo if they got a full ride scholarship or something. To think about it, I could have had enough money, but could not afford the high michigan insurance rates for the Detroit area. I priced out insurance, and it was about $4000 every 6mo with my clean record.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

523 a month
Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

well im only 18 and i pay
$625 for 6 years with 2k down i acctualy pay 650 so i could be done a little quicker but if everything goes as planned hopeing to pay the car off in about a year so im not stuck with all that interest.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:17 PM

This is correct. Ive been saving for a car for a while now. So far I have about 6k saved up for the down payment on my evo or for mods. I dont have a job and never have because I have too much HW every night. Im in the 10th grade and I do things such as burning CDs and software and video games. Hell, I even played World of Warcraft for a couple months just to build up an account and sell it for 800 dollars. Some days I even skip lunch to keep the money and put it towards my car. There are alot more of people like me than you realize, some of them sadly ebough even steal to try and get money. Ive started working with my dad helping him with his work load crunching numbers and making presentations.
No the chancer are greater, he is right. There are younger people working hard to achieve a goal that some of you find "ignorant", "stupid", and "ridiculous".

Last edited by Snicewicz; Dec 12, 2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Some people on here are really getting screwed
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snicewicz
This is correct. Ive been saving for a car for a while now. So far I have about 6k saved up for the down payment on my evo or for mods. I dont have a job and never have because I have too much HW every night. Im in the 10th grade and I do things such as burning CDs and software and video games. Hell, I even played World of Warcraft for a couple months just to build up an account and sell it for 800 dollars. Some days I even skip lunch to keep the money and put it towards my car. There are alot more of people like me than you realize, some of them sadly ebough even steal to try and get money. Ive started working with my dad helping him with his work load crunching numbers and making presentations.
No the chancer are greater, he is right. There are younger people working hard to achieve a goal that some of you find "ignorant", "stupid", and "ridiculous".
Hey, we commend all of the young entrepreneurs (hell, I'm 24 and I figured I was young) out there who are doing what they can to make money, but stories like this aren't being entirely intellectually honest.

Do you pay rent? Mortgage? For your food? Did you buy all of your clothes? How about the computer you made $800 on, did you buy that? Etc. etc. etc.

It's great that you've saved, but you also haven't had to feed, cloth, care for yourself. You've also had the opportunity to make and keep your own money (instead of say, helping your parents with their work and getting paid nothing for it).

So I think that's where the griping comes from. Anyway, if I was in your position, I would seriously consider putting that money away in investments. 22k when you're 16 or 17 over the next 30 or 40 years is a ridiculous amount of money. It's worth a lot more than a sports car (who'll be paying to gas it up, insure it and for the maintenence anyway?)
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by doccommando
Hey, we commend all of the young entrepreneurs (hell, I'm 24 and I figured I was young) out there who are doing what they can to make money, but stories like this aren't being entirely intellectually honest.

Do you pay rent? Mortgage? For your food? Did you buy all of your clothes? How about the computer you made $800 on, did you buy that? Etc. etc. etc.

It's great that you've saved, but you also haven't had to feed, cloth, care for yourself. You've also had the opportunity to make and keep your own money (instead of say, helping your parents with their work and getting paid nothing for it).

So I think that's where the griping comes from. Anyway, if I was in your position, I would seriously consider putting that money away in investments. 22k when you're 16 or 17 over the next 30 or 40 years is a ridiculous amount of money. It's worth a lot more than a sports car (who'll be paying to gas it up, insure it and for the maintenence anyway?)
I pay for my own clothes and yes I paid for my laptop. Honestly, what kind of parent makes their kid pay for rent and food? Well the thing is, im helping my dad with his workload in order for him to help me with the shipping business we are starting (Shipping overseas). I do all of the computer work, graphic design and things like that. I forgot to mention, I airbrush shoes sometimes for money =]. So i kind of have a job, my own small business. I dont need to worry about college because I can get a scholarship somewhere. Not trying to sound, idk, stuck up or anything but I have over a 4.2 GPA and i take 3 AP classes as a sophmore. My future is financially sounds with the business I am starting with my dad and other things. I pay for gas but insurance wil be partially voered by me. My parents pay what my sisters A4 is (who has gotten in 3 crashes at the ripe age of 18) and I pay the difference. It will be on my mind when im driving because if something happens, I pay the price. As far as tuning and body work if any, my uncle owns a shop in michigan. All other little things will be split in cost by me and my parents. They could buy me the car and pay for everything as my Bday, Xmas and reward for performance in shcool but they said I have to pay for some of it to somewhat learn responsibility.

Last edited by Snicewicz; Dec 12, 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Lets just say I used to wear brand new nikes every month, NO MORE.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by evolution666
Lets just say I used to wear brand new nikes every month, NO MORE.
Well lets just say i used to wear shoes =]

Quick Reply: highest monthly payments