Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Constant 12 v

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constant 12 v

Hey guys i need a constant 12 v my computer crashed dont have my manual anymore...just jumped on my friends comp real quick to post this if anyone could give me a location of a constant 12v wire in the general loscation of the center console and what colors it is that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oobensin
Hey guys i need a constant 12 v my computer crashed dont have my manual anymore...just jumped on my friends comp real quick to post this if anyone could give me a location of a constant 12v wire in the general loscation of the center console and what colors it is that would be greatly appreciated.
Run a new one from the battery with a fuse in it, I made a switched fuse box for gauges and what not under my dash with parts from radio shack. Uses little barrel fuses, and keeps you from overloading any other circuits in the car by tapping into other sources.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

white wire in the ignition harness.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you like its a red wire with a black stripe on the stock cd/player.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

i removed the radio and spliced into the harness behind it...i think it was the red wire with black stripe...works fine just kind of a pain to get to