Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Headlight lens

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight lens

Hello all. I recently cracked the headlight lens on my evo. Does anyone know where I can buy just the lens for the light???? Any help is appreciated
Old Nov 18, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

You Might as well go with some New Front lights, because the OE ones from the Dealer are Expensive, just compare. If you Got SSL make sure your get the one without the HID Bulb but that the assembley is set up to take the HIDs and Fog light, I don't know all the differences. You got to compare prices, but i haven't seen just the lens.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

You should be able to just get the lens. Thats how most body shops cut corners in spending. I found a lens for a lancer but mitsu parts catalog online didnt have the evolution in their inventory but that is not their official site. Thats retarded if you would have to get the entire assembly for a plastic cover.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I feel you on this one. I searched for weeks trying to find just a lense as my buddy is taking care of my car while I am on deployment. He went to an AutoX and on the way home got a cracked headlight and my clutch died. Oh je joys of being away from home.... I ended up finding a guy on here selling a pair of lights quite cheaply. Be patient and a good deal will show up. You can get any lights and just pull off the lense to repair yours. Pretty simple to do as the lense is only held on by 4 little clips and some adhesive.

Paul
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

I might have a passenger cover for sale, but wont know until my car gets back from the body shop......PM me if your interested and ill keep you posted...
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

car manufacturers dont put out just the lens cover so if you can find it it'll be aftermarket for sure. ive never seen just the cover for any vehicle...try to find used headlights or opt for some evodaves! i dont know what his core charge is though...
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Depending how severe your crack is, you might be able to take it to a plastic fabricator to seal it with resin. may look as good as new
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

longshot but PM evodave, you never know. He may have one laying around