Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

In an Accident... Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, glad no one got hurt.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

The inside of the trunk has been crushed. It's one of my main concerned to get that repaired properly.

I'll probably just get a check from my insurance, unless the police report names the person who caused this. Then I'll start going through their insurance.

Has anybody done this before? I am possibly going to get a different hood and/or bumpers. Does insurance give you a check for a certain amount that they feel is adequate for parts and labor? I'm mostly afraid of going over that check amount, but not having all the repairs complete. Can I just have the body shop order the parts from the place I choose?

Thanks,
Chris
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very very similar damages that occured on my friends evo. He was in a very simlar accident as well. The back bumper seems to hold up very well. As for the front thats a different story. Except my friends front was alot worse due to taking out the crash beam. But the attributes of the damage to the front is very similar to my friends evo. The metallergy acts identical when the applied force on the front I guess because of the pointed front end of the evo.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

The rear is a bit naff on our evos. Cars in general tend to have some sort of foam to spread the energy of the impact but the rears on our cars have numberplate backets that concentrate the load on the entire area on to two small spots. Not helpful.

Hope everything's put back together properly. Good luck.