Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fire!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Good thing you had fire extinguisher in the car. Would of been very bad if you ended up having to wait for help to come... You know not a bad idea to have a small fire extinguisher in the trunk.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about your car man, sounds like a freak accident to me. i for one have never seen that happen before.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xhotaru
Now the wait begins to see if will cover it. I only have 12k and it is only a year old so i hope so. i will try to post pics when i get up if i don't drink my self into a stuper. All in all a very bad night
I hope you don't plan to take the car with all the mods on your sig. If you do your warranty will probably be voided.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 06:50 PM
Pocket Mo

Good thing you're safe.

I saw this happen once and it was an awful sight. I was driving on 405N and there was a huge traffic jam when there shouldn't have been one. When I finally got to where I could see traffic start to flow, I saw why there was a jam in the first place. A black Evo 8 was on the side of the highway with burn marks all over the front part of the car. There was a fire truck that put out the fire but I didn't see the owner of the car. I just hope they made it out ok.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:26 PM

wow, crazy stuff.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:13 PM

That sucks man. At least its not common practice, like in the world of VWs. I would read about GTis catching on fire at least once a week.

Good luck with Mitsu on this one.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 06:42 PM

Update!!!!

said they will cover it
they are ordering a whole new tranny and clucth
but they red flaged me for my tb and said that if i fail smog later on they wont cover my cat good thing i have the stock one still.

more updates to come on the real problem.
Thanks for the support
Old Nov 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Wow! i can't believe they are covering it with all those mods in your sig. Did they say what caused the fire?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sschmuve1
Wow! i can't believe they are covering it with all those mods in your sig. Did they say what caused the fire?

no not yet. She should be back on the road soon with new boots. When i talked to them they said it was bad and thats why they replaced the whole thing and not just repaire it. I will try to take pic when I go in.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats!!! You're very lucky my friend.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by althemean
that sounds like what happened and its a good idea
Just make sure you mount it in the trunk. This past September I was autocrossing at Ft. Devens outside of Boston, and a Porsche Boxster running just ahead of me came to a stop, smoking heavily, and I was red flagged due to the incident and stopped about 50 ft from it. It wasn't smoke - turned out the Boxster had a fire extinguisher in the interior that just decided to go off. Woman driving it said she couldn't breathe and could barely see when it went off. Corner workers helped her get out of the car, put the top down to air it out, and get back in. She's limping along back to the timing tent, and I'm following along when the damn thing goes off again. Don't know how it happened - the pin was still in the thing.

Congrats on Mitsu treating you right with the warranty coverage!

Last edited by EJEvo; Nov 29, 2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: clarity
Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:43 PM

Wow that sucks but think of it on the upside... at least your whole car didnt go up in flames...
Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:25 AM

All I have to say is you are the luckiest bastard ever. Mistu honoring a warranty with any aftermarket parts. Just wow.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luckyyyyy, good to hear they are covering it!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

When will you guys get it? Just because you have mods doesnt mean you have NO warranty on anything for your car. They just have to be able to prove in court that the part/s you have had caused the failed part/s. If there is no evidence and or proof then they have no case. They will be forced to fix the vehicle. None of his parts would or could have caused a fire... Unless he had modified or altered any wiring.