Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Autoweek!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2003, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Autoweek!!!!!!

Pretty cool that somone who posts in this forum is on the cover of Autoweek.

Check it out,, They talk of his 3" cat-back and the Vishnu piggy back Xede. Making 310hp and 295 lb-ft. For $1595.00
Pretty nice write up on Vishnu.

I think Ill wait for a factory approved ecu from with a warrenty thou.

"CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lololol

Last edited by silvrevo; May 16, 2003 at 12:16 PM.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Its cool that with basic and simple first mods. we are at least equal in hp with the Evo VII British version FAQ and with the new STI!
Old May 16, 2003, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Im not at all impressed with Vishnu's Piggy Backs, I used to run one on my WRX, not at all impressed with the performance of it since my car wouldent start if it were under 30 degrees outside, and the electronic components used on it were pretty crappy if you ask me.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Nobody really did ask you...
Old May 16, 2003, 01:03 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Originally posted by tryandcatchme
Im not at all impressed with Vishnu's Piggy Backs, I used to run one on my WRX, not at all impressed with the performance of it since my car wouldent start if it were under 30 degrees outside, and the electronic components used on it were pretty crappy if you ask me.
Would you amplify your post by providing additional information? At first glance your post appears to be a personal attack aimed at Vishnu Performance. It lacks sufficient information for forum members to examine in order to formulate their own individual opinions about the company.

1. Which make, model, version Vishnu Piggy Back system that you install?

2. How did the system perform when it was above 30 degrees and the car would start?

3. What specifically did you find to be "pretty crappy" regarding the electronic components?

4. When did you purchased it and who installed it?

5. How soon after instalation were the problems encountered?

6. What actions did you take to have the problem resolved?

7. What did the company offer to do to remedy the problem?

8. What do you think they should have done to resolve the problem?

If warranted by the facts, your experience might influence those opinions.

Last edited by jfh; May 16, 2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old May 16, 2003, 01:14 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

Originally posted by silvrevo
Pretty cool that somone who posts in this forum is on the cover of Autoweek.

I think Ill wait for a factory approved ecu from with a warrenty thou.

"CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lololol
silverevo - Do you have any specific information that leads you to believe that the factory is going to offer and warrantee an ECU upgrade, or is your post just wishful thinking?
Old May 16, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

Originally posted by jfh

silverevo - Do you have any specific information that leads you to believe that the factory is going to offer and warrantee an ECU upgrade, or is your post just wishful thinking?
Yes JFH I do,,,,,, I have a crystal ball,, plus I have been crossing my fingers and toes for the past 3 months. I cant make them straight anymore. Plus the more we ask for one,,( Mits. does read the forum) the more likely we will get one. And Ill be the first to say if they do factory warrenty a chip for the evo8, and get 310+ hp out of it,,,,, I will be the first to plunk down $1500 or what ever it might cost....I like the warm fuzzy feeling of having a factory backed warrenty!!!!!

So Im still betting that Mitsubishi will do this...

Anyone want to join me on this????
Old May 16, 2003, 02:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

Yes JFH I do,,,,,, I have a crystal ball,, plus I have been crossing my fingers and toes for the past 3 months. I cant make them straight anymore. Plus the more we ask for one,,( Mits. does read the forum) the more likely we will get one. And Ill be the first to say if they do factory warrenty a chip for the evo8, and get 310+ hp out of it,,,,, I will be the first to plunk down $1500 or what ever it might cost....I like the warm fuzzy feeling of having a factory backed warrenty!!!!!

OK. I bet two (2) virtual beers that the only Ralliart stuff we are going to see are floor mats, shift kanobs and tee-shirts. I'm not aware of any discussion by MMNA concerning ralliart performance equipment available here and a warranteed 300hp ECU upgrade has the same probability of my Viagara script getting doubled by accident. Where the hell is themothership when you need him?

Speedlimit...
Old May 16, 2003, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

Originally posted by Speedlimit

OK. I bet two (2) virtual beers that the only Ralliart stuff we are going to see are floor mats, shift kanobs and tee-shirts. I'm not aware of any discussion by MMNA concerning ralliart performance equipment available here and a warranteed 300hp ECU upgrade has the same probability of my Viagara script getting doubled by accident. Where the hell is themothership when you need him?

Speedlimit...
ill bet you plus a

lets all just hope,,,,,, and hope a little more,,, dont you think Mits will want to one up the STI with somthing.... I do for sure,,, its the way it works.
Old May 16, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Calm down Speedy.... Ralliart already has intercooler piping and an exhaust. Oh wait, its for the EVOVII.

I honestly doubt we will see anything over here of the sorts. Emissions is the biggest killer of that, and without supporting mods for the 300+ HP ECU, its almost not feasible to do that and keep it US legal re: emissions.

If you are worried about upgrades and your warranty, stick with a catback/axleback exhaust, and maybe an airfilter (Ralliart one does work with our EVOs). Otherwise, I'll double Speedlimit's bet.
Old May 16, 2003, 02:26 PM
choad

has GOT to offer factory backed performance upgrades..

The whole goal of bringing Ralliart to the states, is to take advantage of the BILLION dollar aftermarket tuner industry, and keep the client on the sales floor and service department..

Just floormats and bolt on appearance stuff?? No way..

I would be HIGHLY surprised if doesn't bring the performance enhancements to the states..

I too will purchase a FACTORY BACKED upgrade to get me to 300+ HP..Having worked in the car business for awhile, I can tell you the validity of bringing your car to the dealership for services and performance upgrades and installs..

Whether or not you are qualified to work on your car yourself, doesn't matter to when you bring in a BLOWN MOTOR or WASTED TRANNY and they ask you for a service history to prove maintenance..

: May we see your maintenance history and recepts as well as service documentation? Does your car have aftermarket mods?

Customer: Huh??

End result: NO warranty backing PERHAPS a goodwill repair MAYBE..

All the gearheads that want to dink around with their cars are one thing, but once you start changing ECU and vital BRAIN funtions, you might as well be sitting at the line at for crying out..Can you really change what the factory spentr millions to devise and get a reliable and true upgrade path? Perhaps, but if it goes to pot, your ***ed!!

Sorry to but three statements for you..

"Pitt Pass", "Dealer maintenance" and "Ralliart".

Nuff said.

Last edited by M3lachsilber; May 16, 2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 16, 2003, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

ill bet you plus a

lets all just hope,,,,,, and hope a little more,,, dont you think Mits will want to one up the STI with somthing.... I do for sure,,, its the way it works.
One up the STI with something? You talk as if the STI has an edge over the EVO. Mitsu did more than just "one up the STI with something." They made a car that's faster around any track thanks to its better handling characterisitcs. Every single mag comparo i've seen has chosen the EVO overall....on top of that the EVO came out months before the STI with a proven motor in it......i'd say the "one-upping" is more than complete.

The only real motive mitsu would have is money. If they workout the numbers, and see a chance for profits, then they will do it. If not and they feel it will be a hassle and not worth the risk, they will not....IMO simple as that.
Old May 16, 2003, 04:44 PM
pk!

take a sec to reread the R&T review.

pk!
Old May 16, 2003, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

Originally posted by yo****oshi

One up the STI with something? You talk as if the STI has an edge over the EVO. Mitsu did more than just "one up the STI with something." They made a car that's faster around any track thanks to its better handling characterisitcs. Every single mag comparo i've seen has chosen the EVO overall....on top of that the EVO came out months before the STI with a proven motor in it......i'd say the "one-upping" is more than complete.

The only real motive mitsu would have is money. If they workout the numbers, and see a chance for profits, then they will do it. If not and they feel it will be a hassle and not worth the risk, they will not....IMO simple as that.
STI 300hp/300tq.

EVO 271hp/273tq........................Thats your one up/ now its turn. In the form of Ralli-art.

Its a numbers game that everyone asks first!!!!!

Take a look at every new car coming out , it seems we will all be driving 800hp cars in the next 10 years.

Buyers like the numbers,,,,,,, the numbers sell cars.

ENOUGH SAID

PS Mark my words............ It will happen.
Old May 16, 2003, 09:43 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: New Autoweek!!!!!!

I'll join you in hoping and wishing that they do but I won't wait for it to happen. My guess is that is satisfied with the US EVO as is, and will not risk profit margins due to potential waranty issues associated with upping the performance ante. They don't have to do anyting more to compete with the STi. All the magazine reviews agree, once you get past the printed numbers, that the EVO is the better performance machine. Additionally, people still aren't even driving STis yet.

Would I pay significantly more for a factory upgrade kit that came with a warranty? No question. Is likely to give me that option? Highly doubtful. We were lucky to even get the car after 10 years in production.

Quick Reply: New Autoweek!!!!!!