Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

newbi, evo issues?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006 | 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

newbi, evo issues?

Driving to school today, and didn't get a chance to let the car warm up, but didn't use the turbo on the way there.

All of the sudden battery light came on, and brake light came on same time? i thought most like need to get the battery replaced (but the car has only 12222 miles), and when i was drive back, all the lights came on; tramac, gravel, and snow, as well as the brake and battery light, it wouldn't let me choose tramac only? After i got home, left the car off for 5-10 mins, and then turned it back on, and everything was working normal?

I don't have any mod's.
wasn't sure if this was an issue? could it be the ECU? have no idea whats going on with the car? bought the car preowned at 7k 3-4 months ago

Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2006 | 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Take it to the dealership, theres a problem with the ACD system. Theres a lot of threads on this same topic. Try searching "ACD problem"...I know that at least a few helpful threads will come up.
Old Nov 22, 2006 | 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack2
Driving to school today, and didn't get a chance to let the car warm up, but didn't use the turbo on the way there.

All of the sudden battery light came on, and brake light came on same time? i thought most like need to get the battery replaced (but the car has only 12222 miles), and when i was drive back, all the lights came on; tramac, gravel, and snow, as well as the brake and battery light, it wouldn't let me choose tramac only? After i got home, left the car off for 5-10 mins, and then turned it back on, and everything was working normal?

I don't have any mod's.
wasn't sure if this was an issue? could it be the ECU? have no idea whats going on with the car? bought the car preowned at 7k 3-4 months ago

Thanks

What did you do finally????
Old Nov 22, 2006 | 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

All three ACD lights is a fault code from the ACD ECU. I'd get it looked at.
Old Nov 22, 2006 | 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PessimiStick
All three ACD lights is a fault code from the ACD ECU. I'd get it looked at.

but how does that explain the battery and brake light?

I've noticed in a lot of mitsu's when the alternator or battery is dying all the dummy lights will start lighting up.

either way, keep us updated!
Old Nov 22, 2006 | 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlphaMale
but how does that explain the battery and brake light?

I've noticed in a lot of mitsu's when the alternator or battery is dying all the dummy lights will start lighting up.

either way, keep us updated!
I suppose that is possible as well (bad voltage making the guage cluster flake out), either way, I'd get it checked. =D
Old Nov 22, 2006 | 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

brake light and battery light is usualy the alt. 9 times out of ten in cars from Japan......
Old Nov 27, 2006 | 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Took it mitsu dealer ship, (rick case) they suck BEEEP, they told me the ACD light is comeing on because the battery is dying, they kept my car for 6 hours and told me that the battery was low, so i'm going to take it to another dealer ship, but the ACD light has been stayn off so i'll wait tell it comes up again
Old Nov 27, 2006 | 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

I had the same issue with only 6500 miles. I replaced the battery and have not had any more issues. Not worth spending hours at the dealership or potentially getting stranded miles from home. A good battery is a good investment.
Old Nov 27, 2006 | 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Well once this hapend 2 me but I realized I never tighted the little metal connection on the battery and it popped on and off real quick, and all 3 of my acd lights cmae on, so I pulled over and tightened it down and never looked bak good luk