Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Keeping your car from being stolen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cedricredrs
What exactly is roll back??
a flatbed tow truck, since a normal tow truck would destroy half your drivetrain that most theives would probrably sell.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa, good advice guys. $400 investment on a $30,000 car sounds right to me.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

So if you wired a switch to the fuel system you'd still have to hide it in a damn good place wouldn't u?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigl4201
hey thanks for the response man, so i guess i cant run an HKS turbo timer with the viper 5000. That kinda sucks
You know wut im sure theres a way to but im not to wiring "savy." My friend out here has done all my alarms but one. He can hookup any kind of relays and all that! I feel fine leaving my cars pretty much anywhere within reason
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

usually everynight, my evo is blocked in my driveway by another car we have. it also helps to be observent and keep an eye on it. i myself check out my one of my windows of my house everytime i hear One little awkward sound late at night.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

A flat bed tow truck can steal any car.....But the lojack can track it.....
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
You know wut im sure theres a way to but im not to wiring "savy." My friend out here has done all my alarms but one. He can hookup any kind of relays and all that! I feel fine leaving my cars pretty much anywhere within reason

yeah you're probably right, I just hate hacking up/into wires if it really isnt necessary(had electrical problem in mmy previous car). I had enough of a hard time convincing myself to get an alarm installed. I guess its just a reason to stay out of boost a little more from point A-B haha.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:40 PM

battery cut off switch.....i have one and it is hidden under the dash so it is not conspicious.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'd say the lo jack! cannot go wrong! .... cuz whenever someone steals your car without you knowing it. ... you can always call cops and they'll find it... i also think they have like a 48hour guarantee too.... if I'm not mistaken but i could be wrong.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:46 PM
Admin Alumni

Just a thought about LoJack......If some kids steal your car, do you really want it back? I have to assume that they first off had to break into it, then they drove the crap out of it. Who knows how hard they drove it, or over how many curbs, or into whatever walls. Personally, if my baby is stolen, I hope they set fire to it and totally destroy it because if I ever do happen to get it back intact, it will never be the same and the problems will most likely never end. Just my $0.02.
J.D.

Last edited by SASD209; Nov 20, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

^^ You're right, but I would want them caught, my last evo was stolen and set on fire, they never found the people and thats what really pisses me off. I would definately want them caught at all costs because its a ****y feeling knowing theyre still on the streets. Even if I had to sell the car once i got it back.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thaigleshmk
I'd say the lo jack! cannot go wrong! .... cuz whenever someone steals your car without you knowing it. ... you can always call cops and they'll find it... i also think they have like a 48hour guarantee too.... if I'm not mistaken but i could be wrong.
the only thing that sucks is if it's a professional car thief that parts out cars, the car would be stripped and ditched way before it would be found(probrably before you knew it was missing). and on the other hand, if it's just some punks joyriding, at the least your car will have been beaten to within an inch of it's life and you wouldn't want it back anyway.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:37 PM

Another good solution that reduces weight but decreases safety is an aftermarket steering wheel with a locking hub. If the car doesnt have a steering wheel, 9 outta 10 times a thief is gunna move on.

If you want the real low budget way, disconnect your power transistor or ign relay when parking in a suspect area. Sure a theif could figure it out eventually but itll take em a while. I had a car saved this way. But I had to replace the frickin steering column cause they tried everything to get it started, except looking under the hood
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hondafan
the only thing that sucks is if it's a professional car thief that parts out cars, the car would be stripped and ditched way before it would be found(probrably before you knew it was missing). and on the other hand, if it's just some punks joyriding, at the least your car will have been beaten to within an inch of it's life and you wouldn't want it back anyway.
QFT. I would never want a car back after it's been stolen. It's a personal thing, to myself, and the car.

TJ
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:14 PM

move into a city with less crime.....................?