Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Frost on the inside?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frost on the inside?

With the advent of cold weather upon us, Ive noticed that this year there seems to be frost building up on the rear window on my '04 evo. It didnt happen in past years, nor have i ever experienced it on any of the other cars ive driven, granted that I had previously lived in california before moving to the midwest. I guess the question is, do any of you have the same problem, or do I have a problem with a seal somewhere?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I never had this problem.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes on the inside of the window, in addition to the usual ice buildup on the outside of the window.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sometimes can get some foggyness on the inside windows but never ice or anything.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The other day I had snow/ice covering the passenger side window. When I rolled down the glass the stuff stayed just like the window was up. So, I reached over gave it a punch. Now, all the snow and ice was inside the car. When I got in the next time the rear window was iced over on the inside. So, I'd say you have moisture inside your car. How it got there - dunno. I cleared my rear window by running the rear defroster and the A/C.

Other good advice is to run outside air during cold weather.