Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Droped my Car off at Billet Design Today.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Don't break it before I get there.
Where are you going? Moroso in FL?

Last GT35R I heard that came out of there would not idle worth a crap. Billet blamed it on the injectors and ECU.

Have they never successfully flashed 880's on 35R before?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:15 PM

Billet is bye far the best shop in south florida!! thats were my gt3071r is going to be installed!!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

there good, but some stuff personally i dont like about them

they scratchd the **** outta my center console
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

like where the ash tray is and stuff,.. they scratched that up pretty bad.. plus i dont personally like thew ay my gauges were installed.. cuz it looks cheap n stuff.. but o well ill get it fixed at ttp or something ha =/

but i sitll love the billet guys
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

They can be very frustrating to get in touch with at times(their phone system sucks), but I've been very happy with all the work they've done and all my tunes have been spot on, from my ECU re-flash to my current AEM EMS tune.
I'm looking at having the BR 20G9LT & 880 cc injectors installed there after the 1st of the year.

One more thing to consider, they have an actual physical shop to got to that's been there for a while.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theyre the best local... but thats still not saying much... they can install parts... theyre usually clean quick and good with their work... but as far as tuning.. marco can tune many other things.. but evos are new to him and he still has a lot to learn.. i would let him install never tune.. waste of money.. in fl... dynoflash comes down alot to s. florida.... turbotrix to tampa a lot.. and orlando has ttp and jestr who are both awesome... people from n. fl can go to topspeed.. like 4 hour drive..

cheers!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

4 wheel'

I’d have to strongly disagree with you on that one! I wasn’t happy with my last Dynoflash tune at all, so I had Marco test my car. We did some back to back runs testing & logging his “re-flash” VS my Dynoflash. I was getting lousy fuel mileage previously(10.00-10.5 AFRs) and wasn’t happy with the power, there was way too much timing and knock. After his “re-flash”, my car was making better power w/ zero knock and I picked up 50-60 miles on a tank of fuel(previous was 190-200 miles per tank, after Marco’s flash 250 miles on one tank!). The whole process only took 35 minutes compared to 1.5 hrs w/DF, cost less, better power and gained fuel mileage to boot!
So how is that a waste of money? I would say that my Dynoflash was a huge waste of money and my time! And the proof is in my car, as it never ran so good until Marco, not Al, tuned it!
You need to be very careful who you let work on your car, if they don’t have a legit shop with current FL licenses, you will have no recourse should they screw up your car. Al needlessly tore my car apart, saying that my cams were binding, when in fact a bolt had fallen on top of my starter and was causing a short, so yeah I’d be careful who installs & tunes my car!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
4 wheel'

I’d have to strongly disagree with you on that one! I wasn’t happy with my last Dynoflash tune at all, so I had Marco test my car. We did some back to back runs testing & logging his “re-flash” VS my Dynoflash. I was getting lousy fuel mileage previously(10.00-10.5 AFRs) and wasn’t happy with the power, there was way too much timing and knock. After his “re-flash”, my car was making better power w/ zero knock and I picked up 50-60 miles on a tank of fuel(previous was 190-200 miles per tank, after Marco’s flash 250 miles on one tank!). The whole process only took 35 minutes compared to 1.5 hrs w/DF, cost less, better power and gained fuel mileage to boot!
So how is that a waste of money? I would say that my Dynoflash was a huge waste of money and my time! And the proof is in my car, as it never ran so good until Marco, not Al, tuned it!
You need to be very careful who you let work on your car, if they don’t have a legit shop with current FL licenses, you will have no recourse should they screw up your car. Al needlessly tore my car apart, saying that my cams were binding, when in fact a bolt had fallen on top of my starter and was causing a short, so yeah I’d be careful who installs & tunes my car!
Sounds like you went from a basic flash to a custom flash which is not a comparison. Anyone thinking about where to take their car should research evom feedback about the vendor they are considering or run searches. Billet Designs is a bit new from what I read and have heard about some unhappy customers that could not get their reflashes to idle with larger injectors on larger turbos.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

good numbers man. im hoping to get similar numbers from my gt35 on pump and a little more torque from my 2.3 kit. cool stuff
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mivecless
Sounds like you went from a basic flash to a custom flash which is not a comparison. Anyone thinking about where to take their car should research evom feedback about the vendor they are considering or run searches. Billet Designs is a bit new from what I read and have heard about some unhappy customers that could not get their reflashes to idle with larger injectors on larger turbos.
he madee my 880s idle with my gt35r just perfect

but ill b getting a custom tune from scott at TTP when i get my meth installed! WOOT
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mivecless
Where are you going? Moroso in FL?

Last GT35R I heard that came out of there would not idle worth a crap. Billet blamed it on the injectors and ECU.

Have they never successfully flashed 880's on 35R before?
hes comig to stay with me n teach me how to drag w/o breaking my car lol
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marco is a good guy out there. He knows our work quality also.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:33 PM

Marco from Billet Design knows what he's doing. I ran 12.3 with just a Billet Design Flash and MBC and that was my first time at the track with an Evo and AWD. With more practice I am pretty sure I would went 12.2 12.1
Hes by far the best in the area in my opinion.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Pure player,
Did you happen to tell Marco about the scratches? I'm sure he will make it right if he knows about it. People can't fix what they don't know is broke!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
Pure player,
Did you happen to tell Marco about the scratches? I'm sure he will make it right if he knows about it. People can't fix what they don't know is broke!
i'll take your word... i'm just going by the few that i have heard... great installs, top notch quality, good custom parts, but havent heard of his tuning being top notch. i'll def take your word though

Quick Reply: Droped my Car off at Billet Design Today.