Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

want to hit high 11's before pulling engine

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by steinvb12
You said it was tuned on 93 octane, and for 21 psi. Yet you are running 25 psi at the track on 103 octane. Granted, you are slightly faster because of the higher boost, but I bet you are pulling timing since you ARE NOT tuned for 25psi.
Incorrect. The higher octane will retard any knocking from the raised boost levels. You are not adding timing when upping the boost - you are adding more air and some more heat. If you have a map that is fat up top, then adding boost and higher octane will net you some more power. You do not have to be specifically tuned for it to have gains from it.

Originally Posted by steinvb12
To get the most out of your 25psi boost level, you need to be tuned for it!!
Semi-right here. Correct a tune for 25psi and higher octane (read - more timing) would work here.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Falken Azenis, those tires are preety good for the street. Or the factory yokohama tires work very well.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well See the problem is not just my 1/4 mile times, it is also the lack of WHP. Here are my Mods again

Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" DOWNPIPE
Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" CATBACK
Buschur Racing MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER
Buschur Racing EVO VIII MAF PIPE KIT
Buschur Racing EVO VIII UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPE
Buschur Racing FORGE RS BOV
Buschur Racing RACE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
Buschur Racing LOWER INTERCOOLER PIPE
Buschur Racing SHORT THROW SHIFTER
Buschur Racing HKS 272 INTAKE CAMSHAFT
Buschur Racing HKS 272 EXHAUST CAMSHAFT
Buschur Racing APR STUD KIT
Buschur Racing WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP
Exedy Twin Disc Racing Clutch

And when I had it Dynoed by three different dynos I always came up with around 290 horse power at the wheels. And I KNOW that is low, even when i called AMS they were saying that Evo 8's with an exhaust, MBC and a flash are making around 300 to 310 horse power at the wheels. SO i am taking my car to them. I have decided if they say its not right and low on horse power then they can look at it and dyno it and look at the tune. They are very well known and honestly my opinion is AMS and Buschur Racing are the two best when it comes to Evos.