Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Scammed by turbochargers.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scammed by turbochargers.com?

I fully paid for and placed a large order with turbochargers.com about 1 month ago. Till the point they received my money, they were extremely responsive and emails were answered within hours or at most in a day. Now, they have been ignoring my emails for more than 2 weeks already and when I call them, I get their voicemail most of the time. Well, I got lucky and managed to have my call picked up yesterday and spoke to someone. I left a message with him to get his colleague who took my order to return my emails but again, there's nothing. I'm getting tired of all this...am I being scammed? I'm from overseas and I need some help here. What should I do if the vendors just ignore me after taking money?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Did you paid for it by credit card? Unless they're short on supplies and are waiting for new shippments to come in, I don't see why it's taking them that long. I've bought a part shipped from overseas to my house in the us and took less than 7 days. I hope everything work out for you.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, i hope you paid with a credit card so that you are somewhat protected as you can always call your credit card company. Secondly, give them a few more days to let it show up and keep emailing/calling them. Keep record of all the emails you sent and the times you called too.

Tj
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evil_1
Did you paid for it by credit card? Unless they're short on supplies and are waiting for new shippments to come in, I don't see why it's taking them that long. I've bought a part shipped from overseas to my house in the us and took less than 7 days. I hope everything work out for you.
No I didn't cause they stated that international orders must be paid for by wire transfer to their bank account.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

could it be because of the lawsuit they are going though? just a suggestion...
hope it all works out for you
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:19 PM

Those guys are always going through a lawsuit. LOL.

Your best bet is to keep calling and making posts on here and the dsm forums. They will probably get sick of the bad press and send it. Hopefully anyways.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:25 PM

Well, two weeks ago would have put the order in the time frame of the Thanksgiving holiday, so that might be a reason for the dealy and nonresponsivenesss. I for one have not had a problem with TC.com
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

I bought a turbo charger from them no problems what so ever, just give them a little more time..
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
I bought a turbo charger from them no problems what so ever, just give them a little more time..
I can probably accept a later delivery but regular updates should be given by them as part of good customer service. I think its not right that they are not even responding to a customer who emailed and even called them from overseas. I'm talking abt a 5digit sum here and naturally, I'm starting to get worried I can't be expected to wait indefinitely too.

What are my options if I still can't get any confirmation from them on when they are delivering my order?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Call over there and ask for Tommy. He is in charge the other guy in charge is David. Normally though they are good about picking up the phone. I am local to them here in Houston and when I need something I call them to see if it is in stock. Then I go by and I have never not had them pick up the phone
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

^^ You should go by and talk to them for this fellow evom member!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

wow over 5 digit sum? what did you order?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:09 PM
Former Sponsor

as far as i know, there's a shortage of turbos right now. But its nothing to be concerned with as their shipment should be a few days away. Also, Keep in mind, due to time zone difference between Houston and Cyprus.. make sure you call during their normal business hours. Hope everything square away for ya!

good luck!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Call over there and ask for Tommy. He is in charge the other guy in charge is David. Normally though they are good about picking up the phone. I am local to them here in Houston and when I need something I call them to see if it is in stock. Then I go by and I have never not had them pick up the phone
I'm indeed looking for Tommy but he wasn't in when I called. Jason was the guy who picked up the phone and I left a message for Tommy to get back to me. Till now, no reply.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
as far as i know, there's a shortage of turbos right now. But its nothing to be concerned with as their shipment should be a few days away. Also, Keep in mind, due to time zone difference between Houston and Cyprus.. make sure you call during their normal business hours. Hope everything square away for ya!

good luck!
Yes, I called during their normal business hours. Anyway, I have relocated from Cyprus and is in another part of the world now

I just want my order delivered and not be ignored after I paid 100% payment.

Quick Reply: Scammed by turbochargers.com?