Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Am I Crazy (trading evo thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going to talk to the dealer when i go in on monday about trading or something.

I forgot to mention....power steering pump Died , and brake caliper (paint peel)
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Just trade in the evo. Make sure you get something nice so you wont miss your evo. I parted out and returned my evo back to stock before it went in for a trade. I got myself an 06 Lincoln Mark LT truck on 24's. With the same money i got from selling my mods, i bought me the wheels. It's fully loaded with tv's, woodgrain, 4x4, and lots of chrome. I put in a kicker soundsystem that gets pretty loud. To be honest i dont really miss my evo. All i remember is spending hours in my garage fixing it. It was a fun car when it ran right. My truck waste about the exact same thing in gas as my evo did. Sure this truck is about 8g's more expensive than the evo mr, but its alot cheaper to maintain and is a BIG head turner.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mustangstewie
That Trailblazer SS is nice. I believe you can get that with AWD. Sorry about your EVO problems. Maybe the Lemon Law thing will work out for you.

not a bad choice ... know someone with one that kept up with a couple of vettes on a cruise... cornering and all... very impressed
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

y not a Yaris? lol jp get a New RSX them nice real nice
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fx45
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

get the acura RDX turbo. such a nice suv. fully loaded with navi and the k24 turbo! things sick. tints and rims and you're set
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tru evo
Jeep SRT- 8
+1

Those are sick!!!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Jeep SRT 8, the best hot rod/SUV combination.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth Ag
Well my 04 evo is on its third transfer case (for whining not abuse) and my second transmission (3rd gear failure) and my second clutch (factory failure).

I no longer really trust my car, i love it when its not falling apart.

I love the idea of upgrading it and driving the poop out of it. But i just cant trust it as my daily driver with all these things breaking.

Now all of it has been covered under warranty (surprising im sure). But I am about at the end of the warranty and i just cant help but think i should look for a different vehicle.

Now Notice i said vehicle (not car) because i really cant see my self driving any other car. What i am looking at is some of the high performance small SUVs (i like the styling). I don't want a car, because ill always be disappointed with the car, where as with a SUV at least i wont be comparing it to the EVO.

What i am looking at is the Trailblazer SS. Has the LS2 (corvette base motor) around 395crank and 400ft/lb of tourqe.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions of other vehicles to look at or stories of how your evo is great now that you've worked out the bugs?
I just got a GTO and couldn't be happier. Go LS2.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get a gmc typhoon....those pull on evo's with minor mods. I would trade the evo for alot of cars though....the evo isnt as exclusive as it once was. I think i would trade for a ram srt-10 the srt-8 jeep, bmw 335i, g35, 4rotor powered rx7

Last edited by daisaw1219; Dec 2, 2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

for people questioning my driving habits,

I drive 30miles highway to work round trip. The hardest i get on the car is pulling out of a driveway or an on-ramp. I do drive on back roads but thats whiping around corners (not sliding etc) so i really cant see where my habits would be considered abuse.

My dealer apparently agrees with me because they have covered everything so far.

Only problem is the dealer i go to for repair is not the same dealer i bought the car from.

The one i bought the car from denied me for everything ive ever asked of them. So i dont feel bad contacting a lawyer to try and sue them.

The thing that gets me is there has been over 10k of repairs done to my car so far, and while i didnt have to pay for them. If the situation repeats itself in a year, i will have to pay for it, and that doesnt seem fair to me.