Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bored with my Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bored with my Evo IX

Well like the title says "Im bored with my Evo" This is a serious thread and im not looking for stupid post like "bigger turbo" or dumb ish like that. I mean my car is fast enough, looks decent, runs great. Its just lately I have gotten very burnt out with it, Its a weekend car and even on the weekend Im not really that intrested in driving it anymore. I played Gran Turismo for the longest time dreaming of owning a Evo, in 2004 I bought my first evo 8, and last november (2005) I bought my Evo IX. Dont get me wrong I love my car, and I know I cant sell it because I would miss it the second its gone. Im just looking for a few serious ideas, what can I do to get siked up about my Evo again? Im crazy I know but anyone, any help?

"I wanna fall in love with my Evo again!"
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol what can be a good suggestion? you already said dont say bigger turbo...hmmm Get some jDm rims y0! So you could drive it around and be like yeaaa I have jDm rims yo! lol but seriously I think do some cosmetic upgrades to it? so that you would want to drive it around and show it off?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

is it completely stock?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~

Well like the title says "Im bored with my Evo" This is a serious thread and im not looking for stupid post like "bigger turbo" or dumb ish like that. I mean my car is fast enough, looks decent, runs great. Its just lately I have gotten very burnt out with it, Its a weekend car and even on the weekend Im not really that intrested in driving it anymore. I played Gran Turismo for the longest time dreaming of owning a Evo, in 2004 I bought my first evo 8, and last november (2005) I bought my Evo IX. Dont get me wrong I love my car, and I know I cant sell it because I would miss it the second its gone. Im just looking for a few serious ideas, what can I do to get siked up about my Evo again? Im crazy I know but anyone, any help?

Find some cheap rims and tires you don't care about that will fit the car, like say someones old stock rims and advans and take her to the track and have a blast :P
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
is it completely stock?
stockish 340whp/360wtq

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Find some cheap rims and tires you don't care about that will fit the car, like say someones old stock rims and advans and take her to the track and have a blast :P
Hay now theres an idea
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

Do you track your evo..If not might look into going to a couple of HPDE..
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:00 AM

Wink

What a typical guy thing.... they have a girl for a little while and then get sick of her. Maybe your car gave it up to quickly and now your just not interested.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

interiors.....

thats where the driver is....make it better to your taste. also...nice sound
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

get some driving lessons, and learn how to drive the Evo around a track. or hit up auto-x; either or both of these activities should rekindle some of the old love u had in ya

if not i dont know what to tell you....maybe u're just getting bored of driving in general? haha
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Dont drive it for 1 month and then take a spin around the block and tell us how bored you still are
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

I get the same way. There is only 1 roadcourse and it is 2+ hrs away. Autox are aggravating to me, so that is out. Most of my friends drive fast domestics which in turn makes me miss mine. The EVO feels slow and I only drive it 100 miles a week it's not a DD. I recently added a O2/TBE, Intake, flash, 100 octane and 25psi and that helped but realistically the car will need to be in the 125-128mph range for me to feel like it's fast because that is what my car ran before this one........I know how you feel.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Put the video games down, buy a set of track rims & tires, replace your brake fluid w/ Motul, and get some good track pads....then take your car to PIR....then go to Willows Springs....then go to Buttonwillow....then go to Thunderhill....then go to Laguna Seca.....and then Sears......you'll likely need to get a set of tires and brake pads on your journey and should change your fluids between events....

If at the end of this journey you are still bored, well you should : (a) sell your car, (b) see a dr., (c) become an astronaut, or (d) all of the above....
Old Dec 2, 2006, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

^^ There you go..the best answer! try it and come back to us and tell us how it went!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

+1 for a track...not drag cause that's a waste of the car's potential IMO...or just drive around some really old really crap car for a while then take the evo out again....it does wonders believe me haha
Old Dec 2, 2006, 04:54 AM
os2
Evolving Member

Its a weekend car and even on the weekend Im not really that intrested in driving it anymore.
are you interested in driving any car at all? not just an Evo?

I drive mine every day, it's not exactly"love" more like a "marriage"

Quick Reply: Bored with my Evo IX