Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damn mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn mitsubishi

Alright so mitsubishi sent me a coupon for a $20 oil change and when i went to the dealership to get my oil changed and use it they said they don't accept if for synthetic oil changes and charged me $60 for the change. I called up the sales person that i bought the car from and he was like wow thats not right and tried to get me a free oil change but the sales manager said that they send the coupons to every one and that it would have to say synthetic on it for me to get the discount. I was a little disappointed in mistsubishi to say the least. anyone else have this problem.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Do your own oil changes mitsu has the worst costomer service in the world. Id never let any of those monkeys touch my car
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Do the Mitsubishi dealers in the US drain the oil cooler when they do oil changes?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I've gotten those coupons too. If you use common sense then you would know that it isn't for synthetic oil, it's only for regular motor oil. If the offer is too good to be true then it's probably not true...especially when the Mitsu dealership* is involved.

*With the exception of south coast, because thier price was great on the purchase of my IX.

Last edited by onefast4dr; Dec 2, 2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutt
Do the Mitsubishi dealers in the US drain the oil cooler when they do oil changes?

Hell no neither do we
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

What's s difficult about draining the oil cooler? I change my oil every 5,000kms and I always drain the oil cooler on my EVO and my Honda. Why leave .25 to1 quart of dirty oil (depends on your cooler and lines) in the system when you can spend a few more minutes on draining the cooler too?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Why spend $20 for an oil change when you can do it yourself for less.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Roldy
Why spend $20 for an oil change when you can do it yourself for less.
How do you change your oil for less than $20. The cheapest I've found the oil was $26 (Costco) and the filter $7 at the dealership= DIY $33.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Scheduled maintenance was included when I bought my evo, so the first 36m/36k miles worth of service was free. it was great not having to worry about touching the car for anything related to maintenance for that time period. They even washed it everytime it left their service area.

I've never drained the oil cooler when doing an oil change though, I actually didn't know you could because AFAIK there is no pet-**** valve on the cooler. now that I think about it there is that extra port on the oil filter housing but I believe its higher then the oil cooler.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

AFA price goes the dealer has OEM filters which are cheap or sometimes if they aren't open I'll get the mobil M-110 or M-108 filter from pepboys or someplace like that for a couple more bucks. for the oil I go to walmart and buy their 5qt jug of Mobil1 for $24
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

OK. That makes a little more sense about the price but I still dont see it being less than $20 to do it youself. I actually wondered where you could buy thos 5qt. jugs from, but I hate walmart. I forgot to metion that the $26 mobil 1 at costco is actually for 6qts. so its a little better deal IMO.

Does anyone know if it's really worthwhile to drain the oil cooler? Because I don't think that theres really that much oil left in it after you pull the drain plug and filter, also I think it's kind of a pain to get to.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Getting to the oil cooler is easy compared to my Integra. I have to remove the front bumper on the Honduh.

The way I see it is: It's my car so I might as well be thorough!!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Before mobil pumped their prices, walmart had them for $19.

I have the premium service on my car, free oil changes, but the catch is that they would want to do all the service (i.e Change tranny and diff oils @ $250)
I decided to do the oil changes myself.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

They should have given it to you for 20. You did not argue enough.
Coupons are required to have limitation
ie **This offer does not apply for synthetic oil or cars using more than 5 quarts of oil**
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by keevo54
They should have given it to you for 20. You did not argue enough.
Coupons are required to have limitation
ie **This offer does not apply for synthetic oil or cars using more than 5 quarts of oil**
thats what i said but the owner is out sick and there is this new either sales or service manager that handled my problem and he said that they send the coupons to everyone and that he would just have them stop sending me them if i wanted. after he said that i just hung up the phone. I am gonna start doing oil changes my self now but it just is starting to get pretty cold outside and my garage is not very roomy

Quick Reply: Damn mitsubishi