Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im getting really tired of dealer BS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2001, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im getting really tired of dealer BS

I called like 6 dealers when i found out that mitsubishi was considering bring the evo VII here. Every one had a different story to tell me. Half of them didnt know what i was talking about. The other half of the dealers were just feeding me lines. The one dealer said it was coming with 230 horespower next year. Another said that it was exactly like the japanese one and was going to cost 21k. The last one didnt know what i was talking about and I left the sales guy my name and number to call me when there sales manager was in. He called back like 2 hours later. He told me next year it will be here in full evo form. No horsepower decrease and under 30k. Then he wanted to know if I wanted to come in and give him $500 and sign a purchase agreement. I told him that i didnt want to put non-refundable money down on a car i really dont know about. Then he said that he already has 5 orders, so i wouldnt be able to get the first shipment. Im sick of dealers and there stories. I personally think that nobody really knows whats going to happen...
Old Aug 17, 2001, 04:35 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Best bet is to ignore everything a dealer tells you. They're usually the last to know, but since they're in sales, they'll just talk out there ***.

Until Mitsubishi officially releases prices (assuming they actually bring the Evo) I don't think anyone can do anymore than speculate. It's frustrating, especially when you're looking to get one

I just hope it's not some watered down version thats overpriced. The Evo 7 is already pretty tame as far as looks go. I much prefer the Evo 5 or 6 Makinen. Once they start coming in to the US they should be cheaper than a 7 and they just plain look awesome.

Mark
Old Aug 22, 2001, 08:47 AM

Well, at the least, I'd imagine that it will have the performance of the current WRX. I'd be suprised if we get the full 280(310?)HP at once, but you never know.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

wtf?

wtf? if mitsubishi didn't officially confirm it then where'd these guys came from...the guy i asked in the NY autoshow gave me the most believable answer...230-250hp...coming...testing...around the same price as WRX
Old Aug 28, 2001, 12:46 AM

no one really knows anything right now....the dealers are just trying to fill their pockets with loot.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

The dealers will know at the same time as the rest of us. At the moment it is all just rumours, with a pinch of hope tossed in. I want it to come here, but I know going to the dealer is a waste of time. They know just as little as the rest of us, and they are likely to feed you bull because they dont know. Dealers like to act like they know everything, if they dont, they make it up, hoping you know nothing and believe them.

Justin
Old Aug 29, 2001, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

one of the guys i asked said "what's a lancer evolution?"
Old Aug 29, 2001, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Most regular Joe salesmen dont know what an Evo is, they just sell domestic market cars
Old Aug 29, 2001, 02:41 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Best bet is to sit back and wait for Mitsubishi to make an official announcement. I remember the same BS going around when the first Type-Rs were supposed to be coming in as well as the rumors about it returning in 98.

Mark
Old Oct 13, 2001, 02:17 PM

Subaru was really hush hush about the WRX comin' out too until it was delivered...they wanna build up the hype on us. I know this is gonna be hard but sit back and chill for a bit. You'll be ok bro. It sucks but has to be done otherwise the fake info you get is just gonna upset you more.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 12:44 PM

Kind of rminds me when I was looking to order my RS back in `97. The first guy said that they weren't going to be receiving any and then tried to get me to buy something I know I didn't want. Just wait till they get here and then walk in and ask for the keys. Oh yeah, that first salesman who called himself "helping" me got fired a few days later. Apparently someone else overheard the conversation.
Hibern8r
Old Oct 18, 2001, 10:14 AM

dont worry bro....alot of the dealers dont really know whats going...they recently had a dealer meeting so they should no now...by my understanding...i head one dealer tell me it'll cost around 38,000...i dont think so..because they are competing against the wrx...which sells for 24,000....we'll see when the sti comes out....i figure add four thousand to it's price now....evo vii is coming.....look to spend around 25,000 for a detuned evo vii....unless they try and match the confirmed sti which will be here 2003....
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

oooooooooooooooopppppppppppppssssssssssssss