Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone who buys an EVO flunked a basic IQ test...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha, this is laughable. This guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about and only cares about aesthetics and luxury features, (although I agree the interior could be better built, but who really cares?) He has no clue that the performance and potential that an evo has is unmatched for the price point. There is a reason he is reviewing cars for ColoradoBiz and not reputable automobile media like R&T or Car and Driver, (who give more than small praise to the Evo.) There is no reason to get worked up about this because this guys opinion doesn't matter. The only upsetting thing about this is that he is getting paid to do terrible care reviews, while 95% of the people on this forum could do a much better job.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Jeff Rundles

Just 1 minute in my over rated car, and you will sh*t in your pants.
Come on let's go...

This guy has no appreciation for speed and the machines that can get you there. The Mitsubishi EVO has one of the most sophisticated drive trains for any production car. Add a powerful little motor, one that has the highest output per liter for any car, and you get all this for all less than $36k.

Jeff go back to driving your Cadillac El Dorado.

Last edited by my-red-rs; Dec 3, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My-red-rs, I've been thinking the same thing. I'd love for him to take a ride with me around the road course at full bore...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

i guess i'm stupid but for some reason i like the interior of the evo...it has a lot of character
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:37 AM
brp
Evolving Member

hey you guys should stop bashing this guy, i mean if it wasnt for him i wouldnt even know that i bought such a $h*t car, but thanks to him now i know better. well i wont make that mistake again....

time to sell the Evo and buy a Volvo S40, a "real man's car"....

Last edited by brp; Dec 3, 2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
Bro

I would like to personally thank Mr Rundles for helping to keep demand low and the price down by preventing rich middle aged women from even thinking about buying an evo.

He probably loves the 350Z.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Location: I'm Canadian living and working in Dubai/Kuwait/Bahrain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as being a lancer with a tricked out engine thats bullshti
I think this guy's x dumped his a** and she owned an evo or perhaps he got raped by an ape called evo...whatever

In my opinion

Lancer 14K$ 5k shell, 9 k engine & tranny...
Evo 30k$ 5k shell,25k engine and drive train...

the evo is definetly the best bang for the buck performance wise
Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SP00LIN
A Ferrari doesn't need a stereo because the sound of the engine is music to my ears!
the sound of my 35r is music to my ears
Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Wow when will the world get over how nice the interior of a car is. All the STi guys that I know have only one thing to say about the car I drive and its "Well your interior sucks compared to mine". I have no idea why people get all hung up over the EVO interior. I mean when you have a machine that defines the phrase " Drivers Car" does the interior matter at that price.

Jared
Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm, I bought a car that appeals to ME. I like the interior with very little clutter or useless buttons that I will never use. I get in my car and drive, not mess with all the fun EXTRAS this guy thinks every car needs. Performance is my addiction!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you say A$$ hole
Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The guy likes the Jeep Compass. C&D said it's a piece of crap. Case closed.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD OWNZ U
I found some of his subaru quotes...

2001 WRX...

Subaru and Fast don't belong in the same sentence...

For those of you who like racing, and especially this Rally type of racing, then look into the sport seriously and then consider the obvious strengths of the WRX. For everybody else, get a different car. Maybe even a Subaru Impreza....

It is as rugged as any Subaru – which is to say, fairly rugged – and it is somewhat fast. But who cares. It’s a Subaru. As I said in the earlier review, “Subaru” and “fast” don’t belong in the same sentence, or in the same car, because no one really cares. Oh, there are a few enthusiasts, of course, but then Yugo, Chevettes and Pintos had their champions as well.......

I hold that my point is quite valid in that the WRX is the worst selling model for Subaru for many, many model years....

The cars grip and hold, handle extremely well, and they are so easy to drive that even novices, like teenagers, or people pushed into tough conditions without the background to handle it, like Texans in Colorado, will feel confident in a Subaru......

Why? First because it’s too expensive for what you get. The regular Impreza, as I said, is under $20k; this one has a base price of $23,995 which does, it should be noted, include a ton of nice extras. But when you add in the rear spoiler for $395, and the destination charge of $525, the sticker on my test drive model was $24,915. That’s $5,000 too much for a Subaru Impreza, and way too much to pay for a turbocharged engine........

I think the most displacement you can get the better.

Here's a little research you can do which will not only prove my point, but give you insight into whether you are a Subaru person or not. As you are driving around -- on city streets, on the crowded highways, going up to the mountains, whatever -- keep track of the drivers that are always hanging things up, the drivers driving just below the speed limited in the middle lane on Sixth Avenue, or those who take that annoying extra few seconds to find just the right way to turn a corner slowly. Nine times out of 10 the car will be a Subaru -- not because Subarus are by nature slow or cautious, but because Subaru drivers are. Needlessly so, in my book.

Once again, I believe the company is beginning to tread on areas where it has no appeal, and this new WRX Impreza sedan is a prime example.

Unfortunately, every time I write about the WRX Subaru Impreza, the Subaru WRX Club of America, also apparently known the thin-skinned Mafia, arranges for a letter writing campaign to, basically, tell me that I don’t have a clue about their favorite car.

About the 350Z...

The Z comes in five trims, ranging in base price from $26,269 for the Coupe, to $34,079 for the Track. In between are the Enthusiast for $28,249, the Performance for $30,429 and the Touring edition for $31,589. Since they all look pretty much the same, and they all have the same 3.5-liter V8 with 287 hp, all I can assume is that you get different standard features, more with more money.

Z car does not have 3.5 v8 what a Tool.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess this idiot failed the do you know cars test because he said the 350Z has a V8 in his review. What a tool!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 05:07 PM

"man I feel like an idiot" those ****in retards I love my car

Quick Reply: Anyone who buys an EVO flunked a basic IQ test...