Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

valet put my evo into a tree

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

valet put my evo into a tree- udpated

last night i was in old city (philia) and i valeted my car because the closest lot was fun and im lazy. after a good night out i go to get my car and the guys tells me its going to be 20 mins. so me one of my friends and my girl are freezing our asses off. finally the guy comes over and tells me his boss is going to drive us down since its taking so long. boss pulls up, we get in and go. then he tells me the valet was "involved in a low speed single car accident" so im already flippig out thinking they scratched it in the lot or something. wrong

i get down there and the drivers side door look like a wave its so dented and rippled. its covered in tree sap. the skirt is bent in as well. the kicker comes as i move back, my left rear rim is cracked, missing a spoke! team dynamics pro race 1.2.. not exactly a weak wheel. not to mention the awful stick of clutch even though my car has been parked like this for 45 minsi lose it... and then i find out he drove the car from where the accident happened to where it was parked.

to make a 2 hr long story short, the guy running the valet tells me they will pay for everything he even gave me his car to drive around (h3) so yea i know this thread is worthless without pics, but my roommate isnt up yet so no pics till later.

end rant

Last edited by jjm4life; Jan 11, 2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

wtf- good luck on that
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

WOW!....Somebody would have gotten hit if I was there! KNock tha F out! Touch my shiot!

Exactly what happens when some idiot gets his hands a a AWD power house! Damn that sucks!
If we go out downtown here in Orlando....I take the girls car.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

if you didn't do it already, you really need to get a police report. even if he moved the car and it's the next day, you still need one in case the guy tries to jerk you around. the one thing i miss about my old wrx w/an accessport was that i could put it in valet mode and it wouldn't rev over 3k rpms and it would only run about 6 or 7 psi of boost.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:23 AM
Account Disabled

Tell then you will take no less then 1 million dollars
seriously thats ****d up
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

yea dude, I hope you got a police report and took pics for the insurance company
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

forgot to mention. i did get a police report and one of my boys came down wiht a camera to take pics
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

man that sucks dude, sorry to hear that! hopefully everything works out for ya. was the guy goofing off with your car?
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Great. So valets can't even be trusted to not take an Evo for a joy ride? I guess there is some truth to the Ferarri incident in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". This is just another reason why I never let my car out of my sight for an instant.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thats why im the only one that drives my Evo.Iwould hate to lose a friend because he or she wrecked my car.People that dont know anything about an Evo dont realize the explosive power under their right foot until it's to late.

Last edited by ak47po; Dec 3, 2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:52 AM

I am not sure that I would be "happy" with them fixing everything. I think this is an outrage. Really, I think I would want the car replaced. I am picky that way, I suppose, but I think I would ask for replacement of the car. I know it is a 2005, but c'mon. I have a question, since the car was moved did the police give the valet a ticket for leaving the proximity (scene) of the accident? Was it close to the lot or somewhere else? Sorry to hear this happened to you. Give them h*ll.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Time for a lawyer!
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 07:01 AM

+1 on the lawyer
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

If the guy was parking it and someone pulled out of a spot and hit him, curbed a wheel or, something similar that would be one thing but, to hit a tree, cave in the door, cave in the rocker and, break a rim all on his own screams that he was screwing around and lost control.

I don't think you'll get the car replaced. I'm sure that one would get laughed out of court (of course I guess if someone could get $ for dumping hot coffee on themselves anything is possible) but, I would go for some cash on top of the repair as well.

+2 on the lawyer.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Dec 3, 2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2006 | 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

...(speechless)....

Quick Reply: valet put my evo into a tree