Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

tickets, tickets, tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackRaven
I've been running with no 3rd brake light for a couple months now (took off stock RA spoiler) with no ticket/warning (knock on wood...I'm sure now that I say that, I'll get pulled over on the way home from work today).

As far as going with the flow of traffic is concerned, 9 over is the most I'll do.

The only time I've been pulled over: I was driving the speed of traffic (71 in a 65) in a 93' Accord (real flashy/sporty, I know) with out of state plates (OH plates in WI with a MN licence ) Now, I know there are cops/state troopers on these boards - I'm not implying anything, but you do have to wonder...
Out of state plates always get more attention. If you are doing something wrong, it is a whole lot easier to pinch you because you are much less likely to come back to the local jurisdiction to challenge any tickets issued. You would most likely just pay it and move on.
J.D.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

we dont haev sports cars XD
Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

ohh ooops i just noticed i posted this in the evo general thread...heheh i have an RA, sorry if you were a little confused by the post then. but yeah i installed the evo wing on my car soo i no longer have the third brake light which was in the original spoiler.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CDO
That's probably right.

Cars have been required to have them since the 86 model year. Other vehicle types (like minivans) weren't required to have them till many years later. My 93 Chevy minivan didn't have one. My 85 CRX Si, (the CRX Si didn't come out till the spring of 85) just missed having to have one.

this is correct. early 1985 xr4ti's didn't have them while late 85's did
Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:38 PM

yo i am not one to flame but you are only 18 and you have an evo?! **** im 25 picking one up in a month (not a home obviously) I wish i couldve gotten one. take responsibility for the ticket and kiss and hug your mom and dad for being cool.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spider56
yo i am not one to flame but you are only 18 and you have an evo?! **** im 25 picking one up in a month (not a home obviously) I wish i couldve gotten one. take responsibility for the ticket and kiss and hug your mom and dad for being cool.
look up 2 posts... he said he has a LANCER Rallyart. but still cool cuz evos are lancers
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Catch 22 situation.
Cops pull you over immediately when you're exceeding a speed limit in an attempt to prevent accident or injury, trouble is our cars (and, usually, the drivers) are well equipped to avoid those scenarios. If they waited until you crashed to book you , it's kinda too late at that point.
Best thing is to say ur sorry to the officer, if u still get the ticket - go to court, say you were speeding and won't do it again. Most likely you'll get the fine, but won't be punished too severely.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It just seems to come naturally with this car. You pay to play...
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

its illigal in some states to have tint over your 3rd brak light as well.
when i got mine tinted the guy was like "do u want me to cut the tint around the break light?" My response "hell no"
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I've been running no 3rd brake light for over a year and nothing...
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralli04
yeahp well i got pulled over last night for not having a 3rd brake light and then the cop procedes to tell me that my insurance and registration is expired i was like god help me, im screwed. now i know all 3 of these offenses are my fault but to be honest with you i didnt even know the insurance was expired cause my parents take care of it for me (im only 18, and no im not spoiled) and as far as the registration goes i didnt realize i needed to renew it every year. <- dumb on my part. well he told me he could and should tow my car and have my license susspended for no insurance but i told him my situation and he let me off with no third brake light and no registration tickets. i got lucky though
Is your car registered in NJ? i thought NJ changed the registration thing where it is every two years and if purchased brand new, the regis is good for the 1st 4yr then renewal every 2 yrs after that? I know NJ have some strict laws, so you were very lucky! I got pulled over in NJ and didn't have my reg on me, it was like $300 ticket..some new law they just enacted!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

before i had a piece of **** car and was all racing and speeding my way thru traffic and never got a ticket during those 2 years living in Los Angeles. After 2 weeks of getting the Evo i got a ticket and I have not changed my driving habits :P

Believe me its the loud exhaust and the big o wing that attract cops and also shiny colors i think .
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:31 AM

Dude seriously speaking, you're 18 and you drive an EVO! You're really lucky in your state, cuz if you're around here they nail you clean to the walls Keep it safe and hook me up with your turbo after your dad gives you a Big turbo upgrade for your birthday hehe. Have fun and keep it safe!