Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone own a Buschur EVO, from Bell Mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is what i did, i bought my evo mr elsewhere and then found out about david bushur working with bell to offer the br350/330 through their dealership. i reached out to the owner and we spoke to david and asked if he would do an authentic br350 for me, being the great guy dave is he said yes. my mr had only 500 miles on it at the time but i would have definitely bought the car there if i would have known. the mechanic there was really nice and took care of my car properly. i cant say i brought the car back for any service since i did not need anything done as of yet,just minor things that i tackled myself (oil change etc.) the car is a pleasure to drive and would not part with it, i owned and drove ! porsches, bmw's, moded vw's, c5 zo6, saleens and this is the car i favor the most. what is really special about the evo is how everyone here is always putting it up against super cars and it holds its own when the vehicles intent was to dominate a rally course (rain/snow/tarmac) this is a machine! try taking any of those status super cars out in the real world partner and you will find yourself in deep s--- ! long live the evo, the rest is all show. again we are talking real life driving when not everything is perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

An option that we need on the west coast.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:21 PM

so david personally came to bell and did the install?
How much did they charge?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

i bought my BR350IX #005 from medina mit. in ohio. They were the original dealership that offered the BR cars. Total for the car was 37k with the BR350 package. The car with ssl was 33.5 plus the BR package (3500). I cant say enough of how great a car this is. Silky smooth fast!Off the floor 0-60 3.9 qrt. mile 12.6@ 110mph. Theres no doubt in my mind that the car will run better than 12.6 with a good 60ft. time.I havnt had it to the track yet,but just from experience i know i should go at least a low 12 with that trap speed(110).Even if i go the 12.6 i would still be happy.As soon as i get this car to the track i,ll post the times. I also think it will go better than 3.9 to 60. Especially since i just had my new ACT clutch and prolight flywheel put in.If you dont mind going to ohio to get a BR car you,ll be happy with Medina Mitsubishi. Ask for John Diatoma(probabely spelled his name wrong) he was my salesman and took good care of me.

Last edited by Danny23; Dec 7, 2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:56 PM

so shady on the east coast. whats up with that?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

My brother purchased his MR from Bell and has nothing but good things to say about them - from the negotiating to delivery.

There was a BR350 in the showroom but of course it was outrageously overpriced, however it does come with the full warranty so that is the major appeal to the setup.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine from bell, bought one of their last electric blues. My sales guy was ali and they are pretty nice about the whole deal. They took my trade and gave me the car for under invoice got me approved, ironically through my employer, and the experience was good. I personally heard bad things about benson, just what I heard so don't quote me. I didn't go there cuz I had my heart set on an electric blue and they didn't have one at the time.

As far as the oil change goes they did mine right away, first one was free. I do know the buscher kits were flippin expensive when I was looking at them. Day I picked up the car some guy bought a silver one with his wife or g/f idk. I went with the the blue and forgot about the buscher kit. Freehold mitsubishi was trying to charge me like almost 40g's for a IX electric blue with SSL. I said forget it not a fan of that dealership.

I would say go to bell and talk to ali, he's a good guy and he knows what he's talking about doing. Another guy in TSE bought his electric blue from there also and he didn't say he had a problem. Ultimately up to you where you'd wanna go but I do agree with the others to shop around I was in almost every dealership between jersey and philly looking for an electric blue haha
Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We have had nothing but great dealing with Bell, can't say the same about the other NJ based dealership that has been mentioned. Heck I can't even say the name of that dealership without being threatened with a law suit, seriously. Anyway, Bell has sold a few of our BR350 cars there and we have heard nothing but positive repsonses about the dealership and of course the cars.

The actual package price is $3300 for the BR350 package. The car have consistently been making 290+ whp on our dyno, up from about 214 whp stock.

One thing to keep in mind. Mitsubishi Corporate does NOT honor the warranty on these cars after ANY performance modications have been made, it states that VERY clearly right in the owners manual. So NO the factory warranty does not stick with the car. By buying the car through one of the dealers that carry them they give you the courtesy of not actually voiding your warranty and looking at the car when it comes in as being unmodified. IF something breaks on the car and it is apparent that is was abuse it is not covered. If you go in for a problem with your A/C system (for example) they give you no hassle.

We have now sold over 25 BR Edition EVO's. We've had ZERO problems with the cars. One clutch has gone bad, which is to be expected, other than that we have not had any troubles.

If you don't want to deal with Bell Mitsubishi for whatever reason but do want a BR Edition car you can contact Medina Mitsubishi. They have a BUNCH of EVO's on the lot and two BR350's instock right now. One silver and one black. If you want a different color we can have the car ready and built in about 4 days. They are also dealing on pricing right now as they have quite a few EVO's. They have a really nice White EVO9 RS there, like to have that myself

Medina's number is 330-722-7725, ask for Eric Jr. or Sr.

Bell's number is 732-388-8800, ask for Jim.

Thank you.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:42 AM
Opy

Originally Posted by BocaShula
Dude my Final Outlook on this whole thing is to forget about BELL... i dont know, do what you think is right but you should look around like at ALL STAR or BRAD B. Jus look around bro...
All Star is AWESOME. Brad Benson, on the other hand, SUCKS! Benson likes to outright lie to you for no reason. They assure you one thing, but when it comes down to it, they try and screw you over in some way. Worst dealer ever.

When I went into All-Star, I gave the proce I wanted, 20 mins later I signed the papers. Thye dont hassle you, but they accomidate you. All-star is the best dealership I ever went to.

Oh ya, I agree with you on Bell. They were trying to charge me OVER sticker price and they wouldnt come down even AFTER I showed a printed out quote from another dealer. They were also very rude in there much like Brad Benson. They dont even have 1 car there to test drive. Then they say good luck finding a dealer to sell the car for invoice or less, EVEN AFTER I showed them my quote for less. They are idiots there.

Last edited by Opy; Dec 15, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
One thing to keep in mind. Mitsubishi Corporate does NOT honor the warranty on these cars after ANY performance modications have been made, it states that VERY clearly right in the owners manual. So NO the factory warranty does not stick with the car. By buying the car through one of the dealers that carry them they give you the courtesy of not actually voiding your warranty and looking at the car when it comes in as being unmodified. IF something breaks on the car and it is apparent that is was abuse it is not covered. If you go in for a problem with your A/C system (for example) they give you no hassle.
I'm not in the market, just curious.

So is there a signed warranty with the dealership, or with Buschur if the Mitsu warranty won't cover certain things.

My understanding of how things work is that work above a certain amount has to be signed off by an area service manager. I'm assuming that this "give you no hassle" agreement isn't with Mitsu. area management?

Lets say 2 years in your entire drive train falls to pieces for no reason other than pure bad luck, the dealer is probably not going to want to suck up and pay the multiple thousands bill, if there is no written agreement it means the dealer has zero obligation to help you if the **** hits the fan, I'm assuming you wouldn't cover it (I wouldn't expect you to as it wasn't you're fault).

I was just curious, because I've seen a number of posts were people think the cars come with full factory warranty.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kamak
I'm buying myself an evo for christmas (my wife gave me the OK), from what I understand Bell Mitsubishi in NJ sells the Buschur 350, please tell me of your dealers experience and if there were any problems with the Buschur 350 package, if there were any what were they and how they were resolved.
Just buy an regular evo and put a ull tbe, fmic and pipes and up the boost w/ a fuel pump and tune. You'll spend about an aditional 3-4k for all the mods. And you get what you want. But heres the trick buy it from south coast, GEt the evo realy cheap. I tried to haggle with bell, they wouldn't budge not even $200 absolutely nothing. SO i payed 1k shipping and bought mine froum southcoast mitsu. the car cost me 33000 and now i have spent 1500 in mods, just haven't installed everything yet. and after i am done i will be at 2k w/ the tune and probaly around 330 awhp. So for less than msrp. for only 36000 i'll have an Evo with 330 awhp.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Regardless of wear you get a BR350 theres one thing i can guarentee you,You will absolutely love it. If i said it once i,ve said it a thousand times. These are SILKY SMOOTH BEASTS! (and thats with the stock cat. con.)
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

This thread is about BR330/350's not how to give poor advice to the guy who started the thread.

I will put money on the BR350 kicking the crap out of some poorly put together EVO that uses a bunch of misc. crap from anywhere that's cheap. I have the money for the bet, like to take me up on it?

As for the warranty, I explained how it works. There is nothing in writing. As for the parts that are replaced with this kit. We, Buschur Racing, warranty the parts that we supply for the kit for the same amount of time as the factory parts. So if our exhaust fails or the ECU fails etc. we will cover it as long as it would have been in the warranty time from of the factory warranty.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

So if you're gear box blows up, you'll probably be left paying the price of the rebuild, becuase it's not a buschur part that failed, it's a mitsu one, but mitsu won't do that under warranty because you've got performance modifications that they can use as justification for refusing to do the work.

So in effect, you're in on your own buying a BR350 from dealer as you are if you by a stock evo and tune it aftermarket.

The only real bonus you get is that the dealer 'says' they won't turn you over to Mitsu area management for after market parts if you have something unrelated that blows and they can do the work without needing to get them involved.

The only reason I'm trying to be very clear here is this thread seems to be full of reverse FUD.

yea they're legit with warranties
But yeah it comes with factory warranty because i asked the salesman when i went there.
Brad Benson sells Turbo Trix Evos (340+hp, 330+tq). Full warranty except clutch.
Really ? I HIGHLY doubt it.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

You aren't being clear, it sounds like you are being negative.

Let me explain this further. In bold print so it's easy to read.

MITSUBISHI WILL NOT WARRANTY ANY ITEM ON ANY CAR THEY PRODUCE IF IT FAILED BECAUSE OF ABUSE. Got that?

It doesn't matter if your EVO is bone *** stock. IF you take it into the dealer with the gear box blown up (as you said) you are NOT going to get it warranteed anyway. Want to know why? Because if we can run 8's at 164 mph on a stock EVO gearbox and not break it and yours breaks that probably means you were being an idiot and broke it.

If you take your car in and the axle is broken off, do you honestly think the dealer should cover it? If the transfer case is broken and teeth are ripped off the front or rear differential do you really think the dealer should warranty it? If your answer is "yes" to those you need a reality check.

If you beat your car you should not expect it to be warranteed and the DEALER WILL NOT warranty it.

Now, if you buy your EVO and have a BR330 or BR350 package put on it from one of the dealers carrying the car they got to make a little profit on sellling you the car and the package. In return for this the dealers are over looking the fact that you modified the car. Understand, Mitsubishi Corporations stand on this is, IF YOU MODIFY THE CAR THE WARRANTY IF VOID. So, now atleast you have a dealer that is willing to work with you. They are going to look at what is wrong and make a determination as to what went wrong. Clutches are never warranteed and the clutch is the weak link in the drivetrain, it's made to fail instead of breaking driveline parts.

It's really quite simple and it is really quite fair.

Quick Reply: Anyone own a Buschur EVO, from Bell Mitsu