Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone own a Buschur EVO, from Bell Mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It doesn't matter if your EVO is bone *** stock. IF you take it into the dealer with the gear box blown up (as you said) you are NOT going to get it warranteed anyway. Want to know why? Because if we can run 8's at 164 mph on a stock EVO gearbox and not break it and yours breaks that probably means you were being an idiot and broke it.
There are people in the "who blew up their evo" thread that say they had major engine malfunctions covered by warranties.

So to say that having something catastrophic occurring to your car wouldn't be covered anyway is ridiculous.

If I sound negative it is probably more just you interpreting the reality check.

There are places in this thread alone where people who have purchased a BR evo from a dealer are clearly under the impression that the mitsu warranty stands.

As you have indicated above, in caps, it is not.

Trust me I am not knocking Buschur or the BR cars, I'm just trying to get straight what the implications of buying BR branded car from a dealer are. In essence, you loose your warranty for everything that it's worth having a warranty for.

If your bottom end goes, you bend a piston, blow a seal (I'm not a mechanic so I'm making this stuff up) basically any goes wrong with your engine, the owner will be the one left paying the bill.

Which is OK. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm not saying your saying or doing anything wrong. Just that others do have their facts wrong when representing your products.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Got an Evo IX BR 350 from Medina and ship it directly to Tahiti. Now the car has ~3500 miles on it and never had any problems.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie
There are people in the "who blew up their evo" thread that say they had major engine malfunctions covered by warranties.

So to say that having something catastrophic occurring to your car wouldn't be covered anyway is ridiculous.

If I sound negative it is probably more just you interpreting the reality check.

There are places in this thread alone where people who have purchased a BR evo from a dealer are clearly under the impression that the mitsu warranty stands.

As you have indicated above, in caps, it is not.

Trust me I am not knocking Buschur or the BR cars, I'm just trying to get straight what the implications of buying BR branded car from a dealer are. In essence, you loose your warranty for everything that it's worth having a warranty for.

If your bottom end goes, you bend a piston, blow a seal (I'm not a mechanic so I'm making this stuff up) basically any goes wrong with your engine, the owner will be the one left paying the bill.

Which is OK. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm not saying your saying or doing anything wrong. Just that others do have their facts wrong when representing your products.

One thing to keep in mind. Mitsubishi Corporate does NOT honor the warranty on these cars after ANY performance modications have been made, it states that VERY clearly right in the owners manual. So NO the factory warranty does not stick with the car. By buying the car through one of the dealers that carry them they give you the courtesy of not actually voiding your warranty and looking at the car when it comes in as being unmodified.
The dealers are simply not telling corporate that these cars aren't stock; thus not voiding any warranties. If you pull up to Bell with your BR, it is treated like a stock evo.

In other words, a modified evo, in the eyes of Mitsubishi Corporate AND most dealers, is an evo without a warranty.
A BR350 evo, in the eyes of Mitsubishi Corp and dealers offering them, is a stock evo.

What is the major hangup here?

On a side note, Buschur is a major name for evo owners and they would not need to play any games with their customers.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

I think what he's pointing to is the difference is this:

Bell won't void your warranty with Mistu corporate, but they also won't fix or replace the part "under warranty" if it is a part that is connected to the powertrain.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Got my 06 IX MR from Brad Benson. They are incredibly overpriced, but desperate to get these cars off their hands. Know your stuff before you go - and you can insist on walking out with a nice deal!
Same goes with the service. Read up on your maintenance manual, buy the official evo mechanics manual online, otherwise you'll be paying for stuff you don't need - or could do yourself.
TurboTrix are awesome, I give my recommendation to them any day.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
The dealers are simply not telling corporate that these cars aren't stock; thus not voiding any warranties. If you pull up to Bell with your BR, it is treated like a stock evo.

In other words, a modified evo, in the eyes of Mitsubishi Corporate AND most dealers, is an evo without a warranty.
A BR350 evo, in the eyes of Mitsubishi Corp and dealers offering them, is a stock evo.

What is the major hangup here?

On a side note, Buschur is a major name for evo owners and they would not need to play any games with their customers.
In reverse order.

I don't think Buschur is playing games, Dave was very clear in his post on the last page, it's not Buschur misrepresenting the facts it's the owners of the BR cars and quiet possibly the dealers.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for them as a company in the evo world - I'll probably be buying some of there stuff over shortly.

If you take your car to a dealer and it needs anything above a certain amount of work doing (in another thread it was quoted as a couple of thousand) they have to get the local mitsu corp. rep to come in and check it over for it to be covered by the warranty.

If the dealer doesn't do that, they would have to pay for it themselves - which is doubtful.

One look at the engine bay and the mitsu corp man will probably take a bunch of photos and make a note on his computer and your car will be red flagged for almost all warranty work moving forward.

I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself, so I'm out. Sorry for the derail.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
IN-FREAKING-CORRECT.

Is there an issue with the EVOm community lately that nobody can read?

The only way a part on these cars is not going to be covered under warranty at one of the participating dealerships IS IF THE PART WAS JUDGED TO HAVE FAILED FROM ABUSE.

Read that part in bold 50 times so it is clear. Then do the same with the next part:

NO PART ON ANY EVO IS GOING TO COVERED UNDER WARRANTY IF IT FAILED FROM WHAT WAS DEEMED AS ABUSE, EVEN IF THE EVO IS STOCK.

Got it yet?

The district service rep for Medina and Bell both are aware of the cars being built and are on the same page as the dealerships are on these cars.

DON'T ADD ANYMORE STUPID FREAKING OPINIONS TO THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW THIS WORKS.

So freaking frustrating.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

got my mr from Bell. very good people there.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

One thing to keep in mind. Mitsubishi Corporate does NOT honor the warranty on these cars after ANY performance modications have been made, it states that VERY clearly right in the owners manual. So NO the factory warranty does not stick with the car.
Hey relax, I'm just basing a lot of what I said on this statement you made.

Edit: but as I seem to have my facts wrong, I'll bow out of this discussion.

Last edited by AngryJonnie; Dec 21, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie
the mitsu corp man will probably take a bunch of photos and make a note on his computer and your car will be red flagged for almost all warranty work moving forward.

For real?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Angry, you will see right in the post you copied and pasted of mine it says "Mitsubishi CORPORATE" that is NOT the dealerships that are involved with this. See?