Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So...any evoIX issues?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Are you kidding, you're seriously gunna try and act like its mitsubishi's fault that you and your crew of 17 year old drag racers have had tranny problems?

And you dont think that its highly suspicious that you and your circle of friends have all had such enourmous tranny problems. I hate to be a dick dude but seriously pull your head OUT OF YOUR ***.

I don't know why you think the stock tranny should hold up to your awd launches. Do you have any clue how much stress is put on the car when you launch at high RPMS and the tires cant break free? God dude, the tranny doesn't "suck", I think you're driving sucks.

4 Wheel Slide Yeah thats good for the car too. Complain when your tires stop gripping, cause mitsubishi sold us ****ty tires huh?

While seriously tempting this is the exact reason why I MUST buy a new Evo and not a used one.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any of your IX eating oil? My IX dipstick is reading little lower and lower. Is it just me?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
my car grinds into 5th, other than that zero issues after 17K miles
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:26 PM
mot
Evolved Member

haha launching the car puts a strain on ALL drivetrain parts not just the transfercase trust me i have blown a few 4g63 trannys from messing around with launching
also i dont really see a difference from no lift shifting and launching its like no lift shifting but in 1st gear kind of
either way youre being ignorant saying it only effects the transfercase
ive blown rear ends launching awd dsms transfercases and transmissions
and the occasional driveshaft mishaps
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tYPE-r
no problem so far (2500 miles) but I noticed one today. For the first time I sat on the back seat and it was kinda uncomfortable I dont know if its the way the seats are positioned they are sittin way too straight up and maybe it's not comfy because I'm used sitting at a 45 degrees angle in the driver seat. My sister-in-law says the ride is too rough, no side airbags, and too light and delicate (which is not good in case of a collision.)

At highway speed today, say 70-80 mph she says sometimes the car jumps and the steering wheel trembles too much.

Maybe I should be looking at some better shocks dont ya think? I dont mind the rough ride and she says when paying this much for a car you should at least have a comfortable ride. She says the front seats are much better and so so bumpy compared to the back seats.

Thanks for reading.
Somebody bought the wrong car. Trade it in for a used C class benz or something.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tYPE-r
no problem so far (2500 miles) but I noticed one today. For the first time I sat on the back seat and it was kinda uncomfortable I dont know if its the way the seats are positioned they are sittin way too straight up and maybe it's not comfy because I'm used sitting at a 45 degrees angle in the driver seat. My sister-in-law says the ride is too rough, no side airbags, and too light and delicate (which is not good in case of a collision.)

At highway speed today, say 70-80 mph she says sometimes the car jumps and the steering wheel trembles too much.

Maybe I should be looking at some better shocks dont ya think? I dont mind the rough ride and she says when paying this much for a car you should at least have a comfortable ride. She says the front seats are much better and so so bumpy compared to the back seats.

Thanks for reading.
No intentions of being rude but, what does she expect. It's basically a full fledged rally car. You're not going to get a comfortable ride.... These things are made for off-road racing.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:23 AM

close to 25K, ton of mods and hard driving and not one problemo!!!!

IX MR FTW!!!
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spyderx
any of your IX eating oil? My IX dipstick is reading little lower and lower. Is it just me?
Owners manual even says it is normal. Dont worry unless you are visibly smoking blue. I check oil with every fill up.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

I have a HUGE issue with my Evo: can't drive it enough.

Zero problems here. Long live the USDM Evo 8s & 9s.

BTW, in a year, I've driven 30K. I love to drive.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Dec 17, 2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
21k miles on my MR....no problems at all.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
I have a HUGE issue with my Evo: can't drive it enough.

Zero problems here. Long live the USDM Evo 8s & 9s.

BTW, in a year, I've driven 30K. I love to drive.
Yeah what he said
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Almost 6k on my IX and I've noticed the rattle from the passenger side someplace. I have no idea where from though. Other than that, not a single issue! *knock on wood*
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I've had my IX MR for over a year now w/ 18,000 miles.

No major issues yet, but I do have normal clutch and tire wear.

When it's cold out, tranny whines on the first couple engagements into first but when it gets warm, it's fine.

But I'm keeping it stock, just in case. I want to actually USE this 100k warranty. (Yeah, I know, good luck)
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

I have had my IX for over a year and have had no problems whatsoever. It has developed some minor rattling but its random and doesn't bother me that much. The only inconvenience that has occured to me was blown intercooler clamps very early into owning my Evo while it was stock, but it doesn't happen anymore.

Oh yeah, I also learned how to drive stick on this car in case anyone is wondering, but I don't launch my car as I find that to be very abusive to the car.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
Bro

it is really hard to clean and wax in between the letters on the 'Evolution' badge

Quick Reply: So...any evoIX issues?