Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Road Trip to AMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just paid of my 400whp evo at 20 .. too bad some of you guys where drinking beer and getting paid $6.50 working at some ****ty job. some of us have jobs.

Last edited by App420; Dec 19, 2006 at 07:51 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jroller
be honest did the Valintine do you dirty or did you not pay attention to it?
The valentine is awesome and its been saving me a lot...but theres places where you get no warning...once the valentine screams the laser already hit you. I was going up a hill and the cop was at the top, so i had no warning

seriously...how does an 18 year old kid afford an IX MR, buy AMS parts, pay for them to install and tune the car and then take off on a whim and live in hotels for 2 weeks...sounds like someone is getting funded by Mommy and Daddy Racing
hey man, its fine to think what you want, age doesnt matter if you have the smarts to find something you're good at and stick with it. I happen to be good in advertising online business and converting banner clicks into sale leads, its something anyone can do, but few are good at
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:52 AM
mot
Evolved Member

haha APP420 thats exactly what im sure they were doing too
weird how all the younger guys seem to be from ct on here
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

My case too, i'm 20 soon to be 21 in a few days, bought an evo and put 15k on it and I only owe now like 17k and yes I have a good job now but my plans is to get an even better job after I get my associate degree in May of next year. At the same time I will continue my education and enjoy my car so stop it with the "there's no way he could get that kind of money....." bla bla bla. What if he won the lottery, who cares! Jesus just support the guy cuz he hasn't been so lucky recently.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:46 AM

Maybe Iam just forgeting but have you posted what mods you are getting? If not I would like to know.

By the way you guys as AMS sound like stand up guys to be helping them as much as you can to make this down time easier for them. It goes a long way for me and probably eveyone else here. Its good to know that.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.dynocams.net/cms/index.ph...d=23&Itemid=41
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's only doing a few starting mods. Pretty much like ams stages 1-4 + 35r + triple carbon.. Beginning mods, nothing big.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

So any luck meetin sum Evo guys while your in Arlington, or are u just chillin at the hotel waiting and stuff?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilEvo8GSR
that's one hell of a trip sucks about getting a ticket though.
AFTER ALL THAT HE'S BEEN THROUGH u think it sucks that he got just got a TICKET? hey bro, by the way, hope everything goes well for you in the future, it really sucks what happened throughout the trip. it's definately not a good feeling ppl stealing expensive stuff out of your car, i've had it happen to me 2 times.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by staatz
He's only doing a few starting mods. Pretty much like ams stages 1-4 + 35r + triple carbon.. Beginning mods, nothing big.
nothing big at all
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mot
haha all the haters anyone under the age of 30 cant own an evo i guess
im 20 years old bought my evo in june and have over 10k into it
and im not funded by my parents at all if this kid says he works for his money
why cant you believe that
this IS CT the highest paying state in the nation and the richest state in the nation its not uncommon for a 16 year old kid to start out making 10-12$ an hour
which at that pay is plenty of money to afford an evo when you live at home
use your head guys at 12$ an hour with taxes youre talking about 380+$ a week which is 1520$ a month you can afford quite a bit on 1500$ a month when you live at home

anyways this is def a good story and once again bump for some fellow connecticutians
Being 18 and buying yourself an evo, ok.

Being 18, owning an evo, and having money for turbo kits.....still ok I guess, (there’s always credit, living with parents, and saving from a young age.)

Being 18, owning an evo, having money for a turbo kit AND having the ability to leave home on a whim for two weeks of sitting around……it’s pushing it.

Being 18, owning an evo, having money for a turbo kit, having the ability to leave home on a whim for two weeks of sitting around, AND paying for hotels the whole time!!??

I am not saying it does not happen, but it is rare enough for people to question it. It really is hard to believe there is not another someone helping pay for all this; be it parents or banks. Regardless, I am sure the ride home will take less time than the ride there!!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

^ ya um who cares? not me. props if he can do this at a young age regardless of who's paying.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
I thought the same thing, just called AMS and it's all true. But what do you expect from a guy from CT?
It's definatly a CT thing.

haha, all the guys not from the boonies are like, wtf?

Originally Posted by jamevo8
Great thread, by the way theres a great titty bar (heavenly bodies) about 3 min from AMS on Elmhurst rd past the highway!!!!$10 buck to get in and FREE domestic beer and food!!!
Are you serious? FREE beer with a $10 cover! If someone started a strip club like that in Seattle, they would bump Bill Gates down to #2 richest man in Seattle. Seriously.

I'm about to switch my vacation for next year from Mexico, to that strip club.

Speaking of vacations; do any of you realize if this dude just ordered the turbo kit and installed it himself, he probably could have spent those 2 weeks in Mexico for the same amount of money...

Last edited by KOEvo; Dec 19, 2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
It's definatly a CT thing.

haha, all the guys not from the boonies are like, wtf?

Are you serious? FREE beer with a $10 cover! If someone started a strip club like that in Seattle, they would bump Bill Gates down to #2 richest man in Seattle. Seriously.

I'm about to switch my vacation for next year from Mexico, to that strip club.

Speaking of vacations; do any of you realize if this dude just ordered the turbo kit and installed it himself, he probably could have spent those 2 weeks in Mexico for the same amount of money...
I dont mind missing out on Mexico. Im already going to Brazil for vacation for 2-3 weeks early next year
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTRJunior
I dont mind missing out on Mexico. Im already going to Brazil for vacation for 2-3 weeks early next year
HELL YEAH BRAZIL... you'll love it man...

and for the guy on the trip for the AMS ... wat a trip man! hope everything is going good! good luck with the new setup

Quick Reply: My Road Trip to AMS